The English Football Thread

Steve

I have absolutely no idea how Palace are on 14 points. They have almost zero quality other than Zaha and they have shocking players all over the pitch. They also play pretty awful football. Of course it won't last for them, but it's really strange to see them up there on this early table.

They've managed to grind out results and had a slice of luck too (should have drawn against Villa & Cahill getting away with a blatant red at Old Trafford).  

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I have absolutely no idea how Palace are on 14 points. They have almost zero quality other than Zaha and they have shocking players all over the pitch. They also play pretty awful football.

Of course it won't last for them, but it's really strange to see them up there on this early table.

Zaha, who people continue to fawn over for whatever reason, has a grand total of just ONE assist this season. No goals. Just ONE assist. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Zaha, who people continue to fawn over for whatever reason, has a grand total of just ONE assist this season. No goals. Just ONE assist. 

Even more puzzling they are where they are then. Seriously, they have a relegation zone quality squad.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Even more puzzling they are where they are then. Seriously, they have a relegation zone quality squad.

Beyond the top two, the rest just aren't that great and consistent really. I mean, even Burnley are currently up there in 5th right now!

Palace have a monstrous run of games coming up; their next 5 league games - Man City (h), Arsenal (a), Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h). 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Beyond the top two, the rest just aren't that great and consistent really. I mean, even Burnley are currently up there in 5th right now!

Palace have a monstrous run of games coming up; their next 5 league games - Man City (h), Arsenal (a), Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h). 

They'll get hammered by all those except us who they'll turn into Barca against. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

They've managed to grind out results and had a slice of luck too (should have drawn against Villa & Cahill getting away with a blatant red at Old Trafford).  

TBF, every team get lucky during a season - some perhaps more than others - but Palace are generally defensively solid under Hodgson anyway and if you've got that as a base, then it obviously gives you a chance to get results here and there. They have conceded only 8 goals in 8 games this season - 3rd best defence in the league - and 4 of them came in one game (at Spurs lol). 

TBF, every team get lucky during a season - some perhaps more than others - but Palace are generally defensively solid under Hodgson anyway and if you've got that as a base, then it obviously gives you a chance to get results here and there. They have conceded only 8 goals in 8 games this season - 3rd best defence in the league - and 4 of them came in one game (at Spurs lol). 

Imagine if we had VAR, oh wait...

So many clear cut decisions aren't being corrected due to stubbornness/egos.

Their defence shouldn't surprise you either; they have England's best defender. [emoji6]

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Barca have Messi back

This barca team is a bit chaotic, very2 imbalance I have no idea why they signed griezman unless they are ready to move Suarez. 

Messi is still one of the best player in the world but he is no longer monster player. I watched them lost to pool 4-0, yes he was the best player on the pitch, it was a bit crazy saying that but he was. However, if that was younger Messi, no team can get away playing open game like that. He would have scored at least 2.

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Fuck off Klopp! How can you complain about anything after that game!? They really are a victimpool. 

He has long been liverpoolized and whatever charm he had at Dortmund is well done imo. He is just another victim.....the sooner he fucks off the better, but not before they help him getting that title. As much as I hate city, I will be rooting for city winning another.......pool can go spit.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
32 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:
8 games in and already a 8 point gap... Blehhh 

After last season, they will need double that going into 2020 before things begin to look bleak.

True. Just don't think City are capable this season. All over the place. That and Liverpool getting results with playing crap. Still long way to go but bit annoying. Still guess once it's done it's done.