The English Football Thread

Steve

Just now, Atomiswave said:

On a good day AM could damage all 3....PSG is still iffy to me. Can turn up here and there but they always fail when it really counts.

I still have doubt over AM but we'll see. PSG had a very good summer with Herrera and Gueye. 

Now they can play

Veratti-Gueye

Marquinhos

In big games that is very fomidable midfield 

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, communicate said:

I still have doubt over AM but we'll see. PSG had a very good summer with Herrera and Gueye. 

Now they can play

Veratti-Gueye

Marquinhos

Sure is mate

29 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

They have a decent manager

Hoffenheim? If you're talking about Nagelsmann, he's already gone to Leipzig. Hoffenheim now have a manager whose previous managerial job was in 2015 and they have been awful this season, winning only once in the Bundesliga before today. 

37 minutes ago, communicate said:

Now they can play

Veratti-Gueye

Marquinhos

Gueye was the one player they realy needed. He is a serious worker and their team had none of that in previous years leading to a bunch of awful defeats. 

Its interesting how shite defensively Everton is now without him.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hoffenheim? If you're talking about Nagelsmann, he's already gone to Leipzig. Hoffenheim now have a manager whose previous managerial job was in 2015 and they have been awful this season, winning only once in the Bundesliga before today. 

Ohh yeah thats right....totally forgot about that. That speaks volume regarding Bayern and spurs for that matter.

Agent van Aanholt equalized for palace vs West Spam. this could still turn out the perfect matchday for us again. We should get into the top 4 asap to settle nerves and this right now also requires Leicester and the Spammers to drop points. 

Dumb penalty he gave away aside, I've been watching Declan Rice quite closely a few times this season and he's an excellent young player. I certainly think we should consider bringing him back to Chelsea. He's the perfect DM to play at the base of our midfield together with Jorginho and Kante. Would shore up that area and stop us getting shredded with one ball.

And he's not just a tackler, either. Very decent on the ball and can get around the pitch.

Wonder how much he'd cost? He's a hugely important player to them but surely he'd jump at the chance to come back and play with his mates and Lamps who probably a hero of his. 

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Dumb penalty he gave away aside, I've been watching Declan Rice quite closely a few times this season and he's an excellent young player. I certainly think we should consider bringing him back to Chelsea. He's the perfect DM to play at the base of our midfield together with Jorginho and Kante. Would shore up that area and stop us getting shredded with one ball.

And he's not just a tackler, either. Very decent on the ball and can get around the pitch.

Wonder how much he'd cost? He's a hugely important player to them but surely he'd jump at the chance to come back and play with his mates and Lamps who probably a hero of his. 

Every time I see him he makes a major mistake

I think he is overrated, especially for the £80m plus West Sham want

maybe he will mature and stop do the cock-ups

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

But is he not the exact same player as Conor gallagher? Rcie has never really struck me as anything special. But he is just 20 and already an okish PL player. Anyhow, i think we should spend big on finished superstars for the positions we do not have sufficiently talented players from our youth only instead of buying okish players for squad roles as we did the last few years. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But is he not the exact same player as Conor gallagher? Rcie has never really struck me as anything special. But he is just 20 and already an okish PL player. Anyhow, i think we should spend big on finished superstars for the positions we do not have sufficiently talented players from our youth only instead of buying okish players for squad roles as we did the last few years. 

ding ding ding

we have a winner

great post

they are both DMF's

and IF we are going to drop big dollars on one

there are two young and younger ones I so so so recco

I rant about them all the time :D

Eduardo Camavinga, the 16yo (soon 17) from Stade Rennais, he is so fucking special

59c207b288da3e87cdfd20ee56d34fa4.png

and 

Florentino, 20yo from Benfica who Pep has a hardon for almsot beyond all other young players

81aadbed5e669754fa0c64c68d9d0eb3.png

I have absolutely no idea how Palace are on 14 points. They have almost zero quality other than Zaha and they have shocking players all over the pitch. They also play pretty awful football.

Of course it won't last for them, but it's really strange to see them up there on this early table.