• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah, that was luck. If by pressing and doing all that you get 94th minute penalty, everyone can do it. Pool was good but 1-1 was fair result, Leicester had plenty of good opportunities, Vardy was awful. 

Nope VAR will confirm it, as long as there I contact VAR won't take it out. Last year I remembered Salah dived with minimal contact, I guarantee VAR won't chalk that off either. 

Call it luck but I would say that if you continue to press to 94th minute and end up winning a penalty, youve. made your own luck so to speak. I hope this happens to us this season snd see what the reaction is like lucky or deserved...

If there is clear contact in the box its obviously a penalty though? Isnt it? Thats the rule? 

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

maybe I missed it, but I do not think anyone said it was not a pen at the end of it

all I said was Mane over-dived, BUT I did say Abrighton fouled him, he made contact

we were saying it was a bloody divvy thing to do

now some (most did not) of the presenters took issue with it, so maybe go have a go at them too, lolol

I was debating whether its lucky or not. If you continue pressing to the 94th minute and end up getting the ball back in the opposition box is that luck or reward for still sticking to your game plan and pressing/hunting the ball that late? Maybe two individual errors help but at the same time, 94th minute 1-1 you could excuse a team for dropping into a block and taking a point but they didnt. They went for it and got 2 extra points. Typical signs of championship winning teams are late goals and riding out a storm in the game (although Leicester didnt offer a huge deal until 2nd half I felt).

Obviously its a pen, maybe hes fallen a bit theatrically but its no doubt a penalty as youve said.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

VAr is there to insure they get it....there is no way they will allow city to get 3 titles in one go, its bad for the product.

Good god. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good god.

Thats my stance and I will never change it. Its too obvious. Look last season and how they were helped in every game basically. Salah dived so many times, got pens every time and nothing was said or done.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Call it luck but I would say that if you continue to press to 94th minute and end up winning a penalty, youve. made your own luck so to speak. I hope this happens to us this season snd see what the reaction is like lucky or deserved...

If there is clear contact in the box its obviously a penalty though? Isnt it? Thats the rule? 

I was debating whether its lucky or not. If you continue pressing to the 94th minute and end up getting the ball back in the opposition box is that luck or reward for still sticking to your game plan and pressing/hunting the ball that late? Maybe two individual errors help but at the same time, 94th minute 1-1 you could excuse a team for dropping into a block and taking a point but they didnt. They went for it and got 2 extra points. Typical signs of championship winning teams are late goals and riding out a storm in the game (although Leicester didnt offer a huge deal until 2nd half I felt).

Obviously its a pen, maybe hes fallen a bit theatrically but its no doubt a penalty as youve said.

Good god. 

I don't think anyone here doesn't think that is not a penalty. But if the ref didn't give that as penalty VAR won't give it now do you see why we say that pool is lucky even with VAR. 

I really don't know, no matter how wank they play they get 3 points, they're even topping the late Ferguson era of luck, they're still getting questionable decisions their way through VAR. Can you remember how many offside goals they got last season and clear dives for penalties? 

At least City blow teams away, these twats just scrape through time and time again. 

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

everything from Luck, to refs, to VAR are helping them out. Like the facial way VAR was used to take away our equalizer against them but upholds their pen today. Clear as day is Liverpool men in the VAR studio.

Relax 

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't think anyone here doesn't think that is not a penalty. But if the ref didn't give that as penalty VAR won't give it now do you see why we say that pool is lucky even with VAR. 

Even if the ref didnt give it there and then theyd review it with VAR... that's why it is there.  If refs miss things they get a shout from VAR who review a lot of incidents during the game or if they need to confirm decisions, again VAR. So technically VAR doing the right thing makes teams lucky? People bitched about referee incompetence for a long time now there is a method of eliminating mistakes, people say its lucky. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

good dog!!

roflmaooooooo

before you get argy bargy I am NOT calling you a dog

I always replace god with dog

Vesper <<<<< atheist

Dont worry I am an aethist as well 🤣

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Even if the ref didnt give it there and then theyd review it with VAR... that's why it is there.  If refs miss things they get a shout from VAR who review a lot of incidents during the game or if they need to confirm decisions, again VAR. So technically VAR doing the right thing makes teams lucky? People bitched about referee incompetence for a long time now there is a method of eliminating mistakes, people say its lucky. 

Dont worry I am an aethist as well 🤣

Do you read what I posted? If the ref did not call that a pen, VAR won't give it. 

That is how VAR work in epl. It is a bit shambolic, you have more blatant foul than mane one that does not given as penalty even with VAR review 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Relax 

Defender made a challenge and made contact but there wasn't enough force to bring him down, the way Mane fell was not natural and you can see that in the replay. Most of the force to impede Mane was removed as the defender pulled out of the challenge, not a foul for me as Mane had full control of his body and the ball and just threw himself down from minimal contact. 

It's a f**king joke that VAR didn't overturn that. Contact does not mean foul, there was no foul there. How can any referee look at that and say that Sane has been impeded there?

If that is penalty, then there should be a penalty every single time any player is touched in the box.

So far, VAR has done nothing to improve the game in epl, the decision making is as bad as it was without it. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Not surprised. This bayern team is not that good. The two best team in Europe right now is in epl and followed by PSG.

On a good day AM could damage all 3....PSG is still iffy to me. Can turn up here and there but they always fail when it really counts.