The English Football Thread

Steve

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Minimum ban for racial offences.  

A ban was warranted IMO, though, excessive.

He did several times if im not wrong, he brought it on himself. But I wonder if the likes of Henderson and kane would get similar treatment.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

He did several times if im not wrong, he brought it on himself. But I wonder if the likes of Henderson and kane would get similar treatment.
Certainly makes matters worse if it isn't his first indiscretion.

The FA worry about their own, unfortunately.

I thought he was just charged?   Where did they say he was banned for 6 games?

Minimum ban for any racial offences is 6 games  

Edit - There's still supposedly some leeway

However, the FA’s position when discrimination takes place on social media is to recommend match-based sanctions as an entry point. An independent regulatory commission will decide whether Silva deserves a six-game ban and has the power to increase or decrease that depending on mitigating circumstances.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
13 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:
I thought he was just charged?

Where did they say he was banned for 6 games?

Minimum ban for any racial offences is 6 games

Oh wow:o

Welp, he only has himself to blame. It was a stupid post to make public, and he should know better.

Oh wow[emoji33]

Welp, he only has himself to blame. It was a stupid post to make public, and he should know better.
Naivety. Just have to hope The FA aren't trying to set an example but rather have intentions on cracking down on all incidents.

23 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Certainly makes matters worse if it isn't his first indiscretion.

The FA worry about their own, unfortunately.

Utter stupid from SIlva, one thing is you say it ti his face in traning etc, but on social media? Several times? Your asking for trouble. And Pep defended him.......no Pep you should have took him to the cleaners for being so open about it when you know voltures are all around us.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Utter stupid from SIlva, one thing is you say it ti his face in traning etc, but on social media? Several times? Your asking for trouble. And Pep defended him.......no Pep you should have took him to the cleaners for being so open about it when you know voltures are all around us.

Pep's defence was beyond stupid. Mentioning Silva being multilingual as a reason to pardon his tweet. 

Pathetic tbh

Just looked up this B.Silva case. Did anybody ask Mendy what he thought about it? To me it seems like friendly banter, nothing more nothing less. Racist? There is REAL racism in the world which they should focus their energy on, not some harmless jokes. The word "racism" has been devalued so badly, as if friends joking among each other is equal to some violent nazi pieces of shits

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Pep's defence was beyond stupid. Mentioning Silva being multilingual as a reason to pardon his tweet. 

Pathetic tbh

He is full of it

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Just looked up this B.Silva case. Did anybody ask Mendy what he thought about it? To me it seems like friendly banter, nothing more nothing less. Racist? There is REAL racism in the world which they should focus their energy on, not some harmless jokes. The word "racism" has been devalued so badly, as if friends joking among each other is equal to some violent nazi pieces of shits

Yeah I agree....you cant say shit no more, everything is zoomed in. But still Silva was stupid in this regard, im sure he aint no racist but keep it inhouse and all is well.

There's a thing call WhatsApp for a reason. Sharing "banter" infront of millions is asking for trouble.  

However, I do agree with too many people crying wolf at the slightest comment.

There's a thing call WhatsApp for a reason. Sharing "banter" infront of millions is asking for trouble.   

However, I do agree with too many people crying wolf at the slightest comment.
Whatsapp is a sellout to facebook, use telegram instead.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Yes, but I see no wrongs.

That isn't something I can help you with, then.
Whatsapp is a sellout to facebook, use telegram instead.

Lol! I'm just using an example of private messaging.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

But if it was a white child with some white cartoon character?

There is no history of systemic, across the board dehumanising and racial 'pickaninnyism' of whites like there has been for us people of colour for centuries.

Slavery has existed since the beginning of human time, but nothing like the a priori de-humanising, brutal African slave trade as practised by the European powers. It was based eventually off the very stripping away of our humanity, in order to justify the treatment of us like chattel animals. Post slave trade, the powerful images of otherness were used to further the concept of otherness and racial inferiority within the greater white nationalist construct.

That picture enrages me as a person of colour, especially in regards to the myriad number of responses I have seen off this board that have tried to not just minimise and rationalise Silva's actions, but in many cases say there is nothing wrong with it at all, often accompanied by even more grotesque and racist memes and words.