• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

The fact a lot of people had Spurs as dead cert for 3rd and even in some cases challenging the top two just goes to show how lazy the average fan and pundit is in predicting things.

Any proper research and knowledge of Spurs's situation and you would know they are in a lot of shit, they started last season well results wise but performances declined then the results caught up with them, a riddled by luck run to the CL final has masked over what has been a spectacular collapse. 

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they're the ones who end up 6th.

Where the fuck do the refs get those extra mins from? 6mins in spurs's match, 5mins from our game etc.....only in epl you see this much mins given and 90% of the time its utterly baffling.

And the amount of credit spurs get in the media is ridiculous, so far they have been shite and very very Lucky to have 4pts.

Where the fuck do the refs get those extra mins from? 6mins in spurs's match, 5mins from our game etc.....only in epl you see this much mins given and 90% of the time its utterly baffling.
And the amount of credit spurs get in the media is ridiculous, so far they have been shite and very very Lucky to have 4pts.
I think the opposite. I think it's unreal how they rarely ever add enough time to the end of halves. I spent multiple games last season counting the time for injuries and clear time wasting, etc. And they basically NEVER give enough time. This season has been a little better, but still not there.

It's really not that hard to do. They have people in booths already, so they might as well just have those people keep track and tell the center ref how long. It's really not that hard...I don't get why they don't make it easier.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I think the opposite. I think it's unreal how they rarely ever add enough time to the end of halves. I spent multiple games last season counting the time for injuries and clear time wasting, etc. And they basically NEVER give enough time. This season has been a little better, but still not there.

It's really not that hard to do. They have people in booths already, so they might as well just have those people keep track and tell the center ref how long. It's really not that hard...I don't get why they don't make it easier.

I agree. Average game is effective for around 55mins. What about other 35mins? 3,4 or 5mins of extra time it's just not right. I really hope they change the rules and we have 2x30 minutes with stopping time on every whistle, goal kick, throw in...  It will improve our game massively and nobody would waste time anymore. I think FIFA already discussed this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/17/football-rule-makers-reducing-games-60-minutes

1 hour ago, Miguelito said:

But thats just part of the game, sure you give a bit here and there and for injuries etc. But in a half where no goals have been scored, no injuries and yet they put 5-6min on top....... I for one havent forgotten how utd under Fergie received more injury time than any other team, especially at OT. Everyone knew about it, and if you dared to fuck with Fergie on that he would make sure the ref knew about it. Until utd score was the theme I remember. Or how about the 7min we got vs pool where they scored in 98min......those 7min was utter tosh and he blew over 98min. And they scored to level at the death. Who is there to make sure they arent adding 2-3 extra min to make sure one of their darlings dont lose etc?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

3 mins added either half for the water break & multiple stoppages in the Spurs game.

Thx

Thx
That's why if it's done by someone in a booth with very objective guidelines, it would make it more consistent...

Yes you give and take a little, but the point of extra/stoppage time is to add the time that was lost for various things...I for one don't remember any games when 5-6 minutes were added with no injuries or goals. Fergie time is different story that isn't about this conversation. If someone is getting special treatment, that's clearly wrong either way...

And per the laws of the game, the added time actually means "a minimum of ___ minutes". So just cause they don't blow it right at the time, doesn't mean they aren't doing it correctly. The ref could have meant a bit more than 4 minutes, and then there was some stoppages in the extra time that meant more was needed.

It's clear they low-ball the stoppage time almost every game. It's like how they used to never actually give 10 yards, it was really only ever 8 (they've gotten better at this). It's little things that are not hard to fix

I have to say after 3 weeks, VAR on penalty is a bit weird. It look like they don't want to change the ref decision, unless it is so obvious. This is just me but Cahill foul on Martial is more penalty than Luiz shirt tuck. 
I presume you mean Kelly?

Cahill was fortunate not to get a red for being the last man.