• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We have to stop buying total duds. We need the person in charge of identifying and recruiting players to get us guys that will come in and instantly fit like a glove. That's what City have. A player can come in and look as though they've been there for years.

They likely scouted and decided to sign Rodri months and months ago. He comes in and looks right at home.

I think the recruitment has in general been quite good in recent times with the exception of the two title defending season's. I think the big difference between us and City (under Pep) is they are ruthless in getting rid/dropping of players if they decline or underperform (Hart, Bravo, Zabaletta, Kolorov even an Aguero replacement was signed until he pulled his finger out and adapted to Peps ways) whereas with us the likes of Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic amoungst others were still regulars for years after falling off a cliff.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Man City's last 5 results at West Ham's London Stadium:

West Ham 0-5 Man City
West Ham 0-4 Man City 
West Ham 1-4 Man City
West Ham 0-4 Man City 
West Ham 0-5 Man City

:doh: 

The pitch there is perfect for City's slick game, probably more so than The Ethiad.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mane? nope

Hazard peak is over in 2, maybe maybe 3 years MAX, Sterling in two, 3 years is still only 26, 27

Neymar is too injury prone atm, but if he stays healthy, maybe

his PSG move was FUCKED

if the cunt had guts he would have went to the EPL, as the EPL is SO SO better than any other league

fuck PSG, zero respect (Tuchel is a great manager though, he might, if all comes together still have a sot at the CL, BUT they are such chokers as a team)

Wow mane was arguably pool best player last year, very good defensively and still provide offensive punch.

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's been allowed to mold teams with the best players to get the most out of his teams. No matter how poor Mourinho has been in recent years, his successes at Inter (even Porto to an extent) won't be match by Pep's achievements at City.  

This side won't win the CL.

You're forgetting Mane.

No, see above 

Sterling over Mane all day, all night

It is a hated position here, but I am a total Sterling fangirl

I also love his punching back against racism, love it

No, see above 
Fair enough. I'm completely the other way, as Mane offers much more to me. If he didn't have so many brain farts in front of goal, he'd be matching Salah's debut tally.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the recruitment has in general been quite good in recent times with the exception of the two title defending season's. I think the big difference between us and City (under Pep) is they are ruthless in getting rid/dropping of players if they decline or underperform (Hart, Bravo, Zabaletta, Kolorov even an Aguero replacement was signed until he pulled his finger out and adapted to Peps ways) whereas with us the likes of Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic amoungst others were still regulars for years after falling off a cliff.

Completely agree, in recent years other than conte 2nd season, our transfer has been quite good.

Even alonso that most people hate is a very good wb, luiz was also very good in a back 3

Just now, Vesper said:

No, see above 

I clearly don´t like Sterling at all, but Guardiola made him world class. Last year, Sterling was in my opnion better than Mane. Sterling´s work rate is insane, his speed, is dribbling is finally ery complete and he can score goals too. He still looks weird when he runs though :D

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

Wow mane was arguably pool best player last year, very good defensively and still provide offensive punch.

no issue there, I just prefer Sterling

not going to toss the toys out the pram if someone disagrees

we all have our own opinions

it is why I love footie

Mane is a fucking badass

after the few I listed, he is next, deffo top 4 LW in the world

we have zero offensive players remotely near him in class atm

put him and José Giménez and Timo Werner on Chels

we would have an outside shot at challenging Shitty and the dippers (for SURE the scousers as they would lose Mane, lolol)  for the EPL (IF our youngsters come good)

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

No, see above 

Sterling is very good, pep has improved his end product.

Just now, Fernando said:

Jose Mourinho joins Sky Sports Premier League line-up

I remember Jose once said he will do pundit and back up Chelsea. As every pundit was anti Chelsea. 

Let's see how that goes. :)

He is actually a great pundit

love to watch him, he is one of the few who never bullshits around (unlike when he is a manager, roflmaooooooooooo)