The English Football Thread

Steve

Last night I did what's called a Likely Lads. That reference won't mean anything to nearly everyone on here it's from a tv show where the characters avoid finding out the score of an England match so they can watch it on the telly later.

So I watched the game and it's something I will never do again it felt weird and almost dirty really wanting a team to win a match that's not Chelsea. The nerves I felt when that geezer missed that gilt edged chance at the end and the sigh of relief when he completely fucked it. But this is a microcosm of football fans all over the country who are bonded in their utter hatred of not just Liverpool football club but Scousers as a whole.

Whatever country you come from I guarantee there's a club that everyone hates but the media absolutely love in England it's Liverpool with Man United a close second. When Chelsea are doing poorly the press can't hide their glee you don't have to read between the lines it's as plain as day. Man United doing poorly under Ole it's printed and discussed ad fucking nauseum and the media are genuinely upset.

But and I hope I'm not being premature here I can't see City losing to Brighton if Liverpool won the league it would be a fucking nightmare. The documentaries that would follow where they would wheel out ex players, scouse actors, singers, comedians, politicians and members of the ratty scouse populace would be unbearable. And You'll never Walk Alone would be released and probably get loads of air play and get to number one.

On the bright side surely they will set a record of most number of points only lose one game and still come second that record will stand for years ha fucking ha.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

15 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Let's hope still the case Sunday. 

They'll probably come back next year Liverpool though no way be this season and that's it. Not with their players. 

Sure they will, they will spend spend them top 2. But we have VAR next season, pool wont get as many obvious gifts as this season.

15 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Pep Guardiola: "For many people, the media, they expected the Liverpool do that [go top]….in the end we are there so I am sorry for the people that are still it is in our hands, we are going to try it."

Even he has understood Eng is pool country.......and had the need to mention it, good on him.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

A Liverpool fan phoned Talksport and said if they do finish second they should get a trophy.:lol::lol:

Always victims, always must be nurtured them cunts.

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Last night I did what's called a Likely Lads. That reference won't mean anything to nearly everyone on here it's from a tv show where the characters avoid finding out the score of an England match so they can watch it on the telly later.

So I watched the game and it's something I will never do again it felt weird and almost dirty really wanting a team to win a match that's not Chelsea. The nerves I felt when that geezer missed that gilt edged chance at the end and the sigh of relief when he completely fucked it. But this is a microcosm of football fans all over the country who are bonded in their utter hatred of not just Liverpool football club but Scousers as a whole.

Whatever country you come from I guarantee there's a club that everyone hates but the media absolutely love in England it's Liverpool with Man United a close second. When Chelsea are doing poorly the press can't hide their glee you don't have to read between the lines it's as plain as day. Man United doing poorly under Ole it's printed and discussed ad fucking nauseum and the media are genuinely upset.

But and I hope I'm not being premature here I can't see City losing to Brighton if Liverpool won the league it would be a fucking nightmare. The documentaries that would follow where they would wheel out ex players, scouse actors, singers, comedians, politicians and members of the ratty scouse populace would be unbearable. And You'll never Walk Alone would be released and probably get loads of air play and get to number one.

On the bright side surely they will set a record of most number of points only lose one game and still come second that record will stand for years ha fucking ha.

Ah the Likely Lads -classic episode. I also remember the line ''What are you doing this Christmas ?'' I'm watching the Great Escape'' ''Is it on TV then?'' '' Well it usually is''

Last night, I wanted a Citeh victory as much as a Chels one. No massive dislike of Klopp or even some of their players. It's just the thought of all those horrible cunts we've met over the years on the terraces, outside grounds, on train platforms,  enjoying winning the league. Not having that.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Ah the Likely Lads -classic episode. I also remember the line ''What are you doing this Christmas ?'' I'm watching the Great Escape'' ''Is it on TV then?'' '' Well it usually is''

Last night, I wanted a Citeh victory as much as a Chels one. No massive dislike of Klopp or even some of their players. It's just the thought of all those horrible cunts we've met over the years on the terraces, outside grounds, on train platforms,  enjoying winning the league. Not having that.

There's an episode where James Bolam says how much he hates Chelsea cause there all flash showbiz types :)

5 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

My exact same feelings pal, make no mistake THEY ARE ALL THE SAME all over Europe, you should just see the Romanian bunch, fucking hell mate they are simply unbearable. They discuss a lot EPL on TV here and the media is full of Liverpool fans always talking about the 80s and the Istanbul match, saying how this club is entitled to titles but somehow others prevent them from winning those. There is one fucking idiot guy talking and posting every day reasons why City is actually lucky to win the title in the end, citing all their late goals and so called dodgy calls. Wow. What about Pickford's howler? Alderwireld's OG? The offside goal at WH? Mahrez's miss at Anfield? And there is so many more. 

Disgusting bunch mate, fucking love to live this period seeing them trying and trying all over again but failing every time. More misery to a miserable lot. 

Manchester United squad turn against one another after being forced into 25% pay cut

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/09/manchester-united-squad-turn-against-one-another-after-being-forced-into-25-pay-cut-9445838/

Manchester United’s squad are blaming one another for the fact their salaries will drop by 25% next season. The Red Devils’ 1-1 draw with Huddersfield last Sunday meant the club will finish outside the top four and will compete in the Europa League next season. United’s budget and forecasting is based on the assumption that – at a bare minimum – the club will finish 4th and take England’s final spot in the Champions League.

A season outside of Europe’s elite competition costs the club around £40m and threatens long-term sponsorship deals. To counter against this, United install clauses in contracts that means player salaries decrease by 25% if the club fail to qualify for the Champions League.

For the likes of Alexis Sanchez, a 25% decrease equates to around £5.2million a year and FourFourTwo claims some members of the United squad are far from happy. The report claims United players have turned on one another for their collapse in the final stages of the season and individuals have not taken responsibility for the fact they’re set to finish outside the top four. The prospect of a season in the Europa League makes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first full campaign in charge look even more daunting.

snip

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS HAS MADE MY DAY