The English Football Thread

Steve

9 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm not getting too cocky after tonight. United weren't that bad tbh. If they play like that against us, we will be in trouble. We can't handle Burnley ffs.

That's it. We're hardly on fire.. Our away record is shite this year. Played 7 lost 5.

Be nice if we don't set a new record.. 

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

You can't compare Moyes with Conte but you definitely can AVB, the latter of whom got a job at Spurs months after leaving us.Also re Jose despite his history i highly doubt another top club would have appointed him if he pulled a 15/16 elsewhere, LVG had 7 titles and a CL ti his name but wasn't again touched with a bargepole post United.

The stigma about the players being the problem area (true to an extent but they certainly aren't the main cause like the media claim) has led to this job being a free hit in terms of reputation risk, for another example if us sacking Sarri coincides with Pochettino finally going to a club that matches his ambitions i could quite easily see Maurizio heading Spurs, but if Emery cocks up at Arsenal he'll never get a similar level job.

Like DDA said it is less about us, more about what they have done in previous job. For all the shit that people say about Sarri, his Napoli team was brilliant. AVB won treble. 

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

I loved Conte. I liked that guy, thought he was the best replacement after Mourinho. But the board are a bunch of fools. 

This utterly clueless board of ours are like an enemy within....and the king has the power to do something about it but it seems he too dont give much of a F anymore. RA could easily organize everything from far away, yet he has never been so lost prior to this. Conte was the guy to get us Places, he clearly said this squad will not go Places now that we have CL etc, he just won the title by revolutionizing EPL with his tactics, every bloddy team copied him, everyone. And the best this Club could muster was giving him 3-4 choice players on immense amounts of money.

And how the bloody fuck is pogba in TOTS? What has he done to warrant this? Its always been a farce and will be so in the future. Eden the best player in epl misses out but pogba gets in.....epl has become so pathetic its unreal. From the media all the way to FA and the utterly corrupt refs.