The English Football Thread

Steve

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the winner scheduled to be announced on Sunday, April 28 at the PFA's annual awards ceremony in London

so its all up in the air

I would guess VVD wins

take him away from the dippers they have zero cahnce to win the league or the CL

or if not zero, massively less

Shitty have had huge injuries all year and if not for that VAR call, would be in the running for a calendar year septuple  (no team has ever won every trophy possible in a consecutive calendar) year

Barca in 2010-11 almost did that for first time in football history, but they only have 6 possible trophies, as they do not have a an EPL Cup style tourney in Spain

only this, exactly 9 years ago today stopped them from all 6 trophies 

Copa del Rey Final, lost, in extra time, a CR7 header, so Mo stopped Pep from having best football season in football history

Spanish Super Cup- won,

La Liga won,

CL won,

EUFA Super Cup won,

FIFA World Club Championship won

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_del_Rey_Final

bf229fe12cf6a07be9b668582640e45c.png

Well if you look at it that way they would lose in Swansea if there was a VAR so no FA CUP. Yes ball touched Llorente's hand but goal was regular because hand was in natural position. With new rules next season goal would be disallowed. 

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

It comes down to money, if epl generate more  and more TV money, eventually it will come 

UEFA just changed (Feb 27, 2018) the league qualification slots to allow the top 4 leagues (Ligue 1 still only gets 3) to have 4 straight to CL group stages teams

and La Liga would get 5 before us, as they have a far higher coefficient average over the 5 year period, although we are catching up. The 3 years from 2014-17 killed us

7088d3972012fcb9cc8e3d113f1f340b.png

21 minutes ago, communicate said:

I have just realized if Arsenal win all of their remaining game they will finish 3rd. That is one one hell of an achievement for Arsenal. The are imo the 6th best team this season in term of squad behind us

that back 4, especially with Bellerin out for the year, is so shit, so yes, amazing achievement if they pull off a mini sorta-double (3rd place and EL trophy)

those 2 strikers make the difference

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well if you look at it that way they would lose in Swansea if there was a VAR so no FA CUP. Yes ball touched Llorente's hand but goal was regular because hand was in natural position. With new rules next season goal would be disallowed. 

plus that 2010-11 Barca team would have smashed Shitty

and that wasnt even the best Barca team

and I made a huge fuck-up (sort of, to be technical, as they only had 5, not 6 trophies to play for in a calendar and they did win them all)

the 2008-9 Barca was, IMHO the best one season club ever, DID win all 6 trophies in a consecutive calendar year (they just didnt play in the August 2008 (as they were 2nd in 2007-8 La Laga and didn't win the 2008 Copa del Rey the season before) Spanish Super Cup but did win it in August 2009)

they won

La Liga

Copa del Rey

CL

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA World Club Championship (2009, December, when they beat Willian's super 2008-10 Shahktar Donetsk team in the final (Shahktar was in middle of winning 6 out of 7 (including 4 doubles), and 8 out of 10 Ukraine league trophies )

2009 Spanish Super Cup (August 2009)

the ONLY thing they lost from start of season in August 2008 to end of season 2010 was the 2009-2010 Copa del Rey (Sevilla, who ended up winning it, knocked them out on away goals, on 2 super controversial goals in January 2010)

but they did win all 6 major trophies in a row

Fergie said in 2009 they were by far the best team he had ever played against or seen

even IF Pep had won the Septuple this year, both of those Barca teams would crush both of the last 2 Shitty teams in a best of 3 or best of 5, IMHO

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Has hazard won player of the year? 

He is imo has been the best player in epl for quite some time now. 

13/14 season Hazard won PFA young player of the year, 14/15 season Hazard won PFA and FWA player of the year, premier league player of the season and Chelsea player of the year ;) 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Fulham two wins in the row lol. And now Cardiff has great chance to stay in the league over Brighton. Much easier schedule. 

easier by one game versus a monster But they still have 2 guaranteed losses and I think Palace beats them too. Fulham could relegate them, but I just cannot see that, even with Fulham winning 2 on the bounce atm

if we had their remaining games we would be nervous even more than we are

1a973a76541654ef5741a72595d66ead.png

Brighton have 3 monsters (and if Newcastle plays like today, then it is probably four losses) so I do agree they probably go down and deserve it, they are shit

c4be345078bd2ff83c6600cdc29e8206.png

only thing that will probably save SOTON (If Brighton somehow win 1)  is that last game, I think they lose 4 of last 5 (counting today) Beating Wolves a week ago was a HUGE win

I am shocked how poor Fulham were this year, I cannot recall a team ever with more talent to have a worse year

their roster would take well over £300m to buy on the open market

and they have 5 players who would make our 25 man roster (Sergio Rico, Ryan Sessegnon, André Zambo Anguissa (probably, he is better than Drinkwater), Jean Michaël Seri, and Aleksandar Mitrovic)

pre-season I had Cardiff, Huddersfield and BHA going down

so maybe got 2 of 3 right

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

easier by one game versus a monster But they still have 2 guaranteed losses and I think Palace beats them too. Fulham could relegate them, but I just cannot see that, even with Fulham winning 2 on the bounce atm

if we had their remaining games we would be nervous even more than we are

1a973a76541654ef5741a72595d66ead.png

Brighton have 3 monsters (and if Newcastle plays like today, then it is probably four losses) so I do agree they probably go down and deserve it, they are shit

c4be345078bd2ff83c6600cdc29e8206.png

only thing that will probably save SOTON (If Brighton somehow win 1)  is that last game, I think they lose 4 of last 5 (counting today) Beating Wolves a week ago was a HUGE win

I am shocked how poor Fulham were this year, I cannot recall a team ever with more talent to have a worse year

their roster would take well over £300m to buy on the open market

and they have 5 players who would make our 25 man roster (Sergio Rico, Ryan Sessegnon, André Zambo Anguissa (probably, he is better than Drinkwater), Jean Michaël Seri, and Aleksandar Mitrovic)

pre-season I had Cardiff, Huddersfield and BHA going down

so maybe got 2 of 3 right

I also had those three relegated. Cardiff will play for life and death against Palace. And Palace for nothing so Cardiff can take two wins. Tho they can get relegated by one point and everyone will speak about Azpi offside goal again.