• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I'd rather they'd won 2-0 least less annoying. 
Still... Our own fault. Wtf did we lose 4-0 and to Leicester and Everton come to that! Especially after a decent half! 
This season needs to end. 
Arsenal are still a mess away from home and were effectively gifted this result. I expect Wolves & Leicester to get something from their meetings.

I still believe our visit to OT will be the deciding factor for us, in terms of the league.

fuck, it is going to be so hard to catch Arse

even if they drop a game but win the rest we can win all four of our remaining games (including Manure) and still miss them via GD (probably unless we start destroying teams 4, 5 to nil)

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Arsenal are still a mess away from home and were effectively gifted this result. I expect Wolves & Leicester to get something from their meetings.

I still believe our visit to OT will be the deciding factor for us, in terms of the league.

Saying that so are we lol. Top 6 we haven't won away yet and not that great against top half away.. Which is our remaining games. Hopefully they can get their act together!

They still have 15 to play for. We have 12..that's the worrying thing.  We can't drop anymore. Plus goal difference.  They have that unfortunately over us. They just sprung up... 

Man u also in a better position but with us and man city to play

All a load of crap 

Saying that so are we lol. Top 6 we haven't won away yet and not that great against top half away.. Which is our remaining games. Hopefully they can get their act together!
They still have 15 to play for. We have 12..that's the worrying thing.  We can't drop anymore. Plus goal difference.  They have that unfortunately over us. They just sprung up... 
All a load of crap 

We have been since the turn of the year. Can't afford anymore set backs in either competition and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:
All a load of crap 

We have been since the turn of the year. Can't afford anymore set backs in either competition and hope for the best.

Sod it they can have top 4 we can win Europa! Least get a shiney if slightly odd looking trophy. 

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fuck, it is going to be so hard to catch Arse

even if they drop a game but win the rest we can win all four of our remaining games (including Manure) and still miss them via GD (probably unless we start destroying teams 4, 5 to nil)

Arsenal still have 3 away games. Given how they played today, I don't expect them to get a single point against Leicester or wolves. 

United have us and city and everton away.

Spurs have city away.

For me, it's quite simple. Win the remaining 4 and we WILL get top 4. Other teams will drop more points, I am sure of that. We need to win our remaining games.

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

they both have to draw blood, probably losses, as if they only drop 3 points the rest of the way,, the best we can do is tie and they are up on GD by 5, so even if they win each (4 of the 5) by a goal, and then lose by one goal in the fifth, they have a GD of plus 29. We can win all four by 2 goals each and tie them at GD, but they win tie break due to total goals scored We would have ONE less goal scored them they do IF we have four 2 nil wins in a row.

To go full on crazy, IF we win one game 3 nil and then three 2 nils, Arse wins four of 5 via one goal clean sheets,and are clean sheeted in the fifth nil 1

we would play them in a one game playoff at Wembley for 4th (this assumes spuds get 3rd)

IF neither of us wins the EL, that game would literally be for CL

IF one of us wins the EL, then the non EL winner would have to win the playoff to qualify for the CL 

so in theory

Arse could TWICE deny us CL in a week or two span (the GD and goals scored tie is almost impossible to happen, but I did lay it out)

we could do the same to them

22 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Arsenal still have 3 away games. Given how they played today, I don't expect them to get a single point against Leicester or wolves. 

United have us and city and everton away.

Spurs have city away.

For me, it's quite simple. Win the remaining 4 and we WILL get top 4. Other teams will drop more points, I am sure of that. We need to win our remaining games.

Which is the issue... Know things change and all but our record on the road this year is piss poor. Won 2 and they were Fulham and Cardiff.  Against the top lot away we've won 0, scored 1 and let in 13. So who knows with the Man U game.. Or Leicester come to that 

So annoying. Should be capable of winning our own games and yet having to rely on others to drop points. 

This whole year so far been meh! Since we lost to spurs been a jynx! We were doing well till then 

7 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Which is the issue... Know things change and all but our record on the road this year is piss poor. Won 2 and they were Fulham and Cardiff.  Against the top lot away we've won 0, scored 1 and let in 13. So who knows with the Man U game.. Or Leicester come to that 

So annoying. Should be capable of winning our own games and yet having to rely on others to drop points. 

This whole year so far been meh! Since we lost to spurs been a jynx! We were doing well till then 

It has been a tough year so far. But we are still in contention. We have a maximum of 8 games to play and can go on a run.

Playing spurs, city and pool away is massively different from playing a ragged United away.

They have Barca away, then everton away on weekends, city mid week, and then us. We have a full week's rest, something that we have not gotten often this season.

Sans the Cardiff game, we have been so down on our luck. I mean just pool has scored 2 absolute worldies and goal of the season contenders to get a draw and win. 

So that luck will have to change sometime for us. And it just might be from now onwards. 

Again, a maximum of 8 games. A trophy and a top 4 to play for. It can still be a decent season to end with. Let's just get behind the team and manager. 

24 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Let's just hope luck changes for the other teams.... Whatever we do league wise gotta hope for the best elsewhere. So many silly dropped points which have led to this really. 

yep, 24 points dropped inexcusably

6 draws, 4 losses

if we had just half those back

3rd place and sitting pretty:(

Looking at the table, I think top 4 is gone. Best way to qualify is to win EL. If we win our remaining 4 games there, we are in the CL for sure. In the leaguew e would need 2 rivals to at least slip up twice which with 5 games left is improbable imo Arsenal and ManU are riding their luck and winning ugly. Both teams have the advantage that they got a decent strikeforce other than us. Even though ManU and Arsenal do have a few tricky games coming up, i think we will not win all remaining games either, esp not at OT.