The English Football Thread

Steve

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Ffs but not surprised.... They'll probably be there right at the end in top 4... End of the day we've created this problem by dropping points so quick.  

this is a game that may end up biting us in the arse hard, grrrrrrrrrr

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

this is a game that may end up biting us in the arse hard, grrrrrrrrrr

Knowing us sure we'll drop more pointless and this just be a annoyance. We could've been comfy but nooo had to drop stupid points. 

Least City won.. And Arsenal and Man U play next week. Think man u are the biggest threat out of the 2

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

5 behind United who were miles behind us at one point:lol:

They caught us up in 8 games or something stupid. Think at one stage they were 12 off 4th then bam surprise

And people keep expecting them to drop points.. Unfortunately it ain't happening 

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

how do you rate Sergej Milinkovic-Savic?

I have always questioned his 'motor' aka his drive, will to not just play but to dominate

he was everything a MF needs to be top 5 in world, size, technical abilty, pace, strength, vision, passing, but doesn't  (IMHO) have the fire in the belly

Lazio will certainly not get the £135m they demanded last summer

If you asked me last season to pick two players for Chelsea I would say SMS and Bailey. But not now,  they both are having shitty seasons. Actually I think SMS will end up in Milan for 50,60m max. Price tag on him last summer was ridiculous. Plus his mentality,  big issue. You are right. 

Do you know we changed NT coach before World cup basically because of him? Coach who took as to world cup was fired and he didn't want him in the team. Ironically at the moment SMS was having great season. Whole country wanted him but everybody ended up disappointed because he had really bad tournament. So I'm not sold on him. 

If we have to buy serbian player Luka Jovic is the guy. He also doesn't play for the NT because of Mitrovic lol

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Im just gutted because of the fucking SHIT ref!!!!

literally STOLE that game from SOTON

took away 2 goals via obvious pens not called

and gifted Manure one (as it was off-sides)

yup, what a load of crap indeed, Soton badly undone, fuck these officials and their bias, i dont care about refs and linesman protection, just kick their fucking teeth in.

38 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

yup, what a load of crap indeed, Soton badly undone, fuck these officials and their bias, i dont care about refs and linesman protection, just kick their fucking teeth in.

they utterly outplayed Manure and still got completely shit on

it has to be maddening:(

I know this will not be a popular opinion (and is against most of what I want out of players for us, ie. young, pacy, athletic, skilful)

but I really like and respect Mark Noble, in terms of leadership, drive, and loyalty to a team

he is all that is good in terms of old school English players

15 years at the Hammers, one team bloke

Oh, I see Bournemouth got humiliated once again today. A team that themselves humiliated us 4-0. They've been embarrassingly terrible since they beat us.

That will remain the most ridiculous, inexcusable result I've ever seen.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Oh, I see Bournemouth got humiliated once again today. A team that themselves humiliated us 4-0. They've been embarrassingly terrible since they beat us.

They had ZERO shots against City today!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

They had ZERO shots against City today!

Yet they effortlessly carved us apart. That's a result we'll look back at when the season ends and rage at. Worse than the 6-0.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Kinda like the 3-0 season before. Let's hope next season they don't do one better.. 

Yep.. We were embarrassingly terrible too. Saying that guess they only lost 1-0. Less annoying in that sense

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Can still go ahead of them if we win our games in hand. 

Plus, United vs Arsenal next week. Can start to build a cushion as well

We don't really want either to win. Just get a 0 - 0 be good. Maybe get a dose of equine flu or some 3 month lasting virus that wipes their teams out.

Which is opposite to how I normally feel as I always think we have to beat the best to be the nest. And theres no pride beating a weakened team.

This season i'll take it any way we can!

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Can still go ahead of them if we win our games in hand. 

Plus, United vs Arsenal next week. Can start to build a cushion as well

Long as we don't drop points before then. Hopefully we've turned some corner and don't go stupid again. 

Arsenal have got back into things as well! Not that there were as far behind but were behind.