The English Football Thread

Steve

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pep doesn't have left back and he came up with this. Since our starting LB is shit I must wonder how would we look in this formation?  We definitely have players for it.  It will suite Azpi,  Kante and Jorginho more I think. 

I am all for trying it but Sarri will never switch formations this year, probably not next year either, if he isn't sacked first.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Look how City are totally targeting Arse's left flank. Bernardo in acres of space nearly every time he receives the ball. KDB occupying that little space between Bernardo and the outside of the box.

The thought of them having Bernardo out there in space against Alonso and KDB standing right on Luiz is already causing headaches. 

If we don't hugely  raise our game like we did last time we played them and like we did against Spuds last week I think it'll be ugly.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Look how City are totally targeting Arse's left flank. Bernardo in acres of space nearly every time he receives the ball. KDB occupying that little space between Bernardo and the outside of the box.

The thought of them having Bernardo out there in space against Alonso and KDB standing right on Luiz is already causing headaches. 

If we don't hugely  raise our game like we did last time we played them and like we did against Spuds last week I think it'll be ugly.

Agreed. Which is why Kovacic is a must Sunday. 

A week to prepare. Showing up not matching City's intensity will be unforgivable. 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Damn every goal City scores looks the same. 

yup. tap ins galore, they attack the flanks in numbers, one of their quick players will be found by one of their great passers in the channel, ball across to agüero to tap in empty net. fairly obvious but hard to defend. We need to track back like hell vs them, better even shift back to back 3 ( lol obviously not gonna happen). arsneal , apart from the goals actually played it well in the firs thalf attacking and defending in numbers, But pep with his idea to have fernandinho in defence when not in poession and having him walk into midfield when in posession sussed that and eased their transition. I wish Jorginho was capable of that flexiblity too. 

Gündogan the little cheat, deserved yellow. 

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

But it isn't just Leicester. It's Spurs away. Arsenal away. Liverpool at home. Season after season he's given United points. That is my point as that is what a top class keeper does. I've been on this forum for a week and believe me the words 'great keeper' and 'top class' has been thrown around for Kepa, which in my opinion is unjustified. That is why I brought up DeGea. He's a young decent keeper who fits the system. 

Since you like comparing the two so much, have you forgotten how bad De Gea was when he first came to England (not that I'm implying or saying Kepa has been bad)? Sure, De Gea has done well overall for Man United all these years but the only reason why he has caught the eye so often is because United concede a lot of shots (a lot more than the other top sides), forcing De Gea to continuously make saves (some his own good work, some because of shit finishing). Is it really a good thing when your keeper has to make so many saves?

This league season alone, United have conceded 13.1 shots per game and De Gea has had to make 90 saves overall - second highest in the league. Us? 8.9 shots per game - third lowest in the league - and Kepa has made 52 saves - fifth lowest but more than Alisson and Ederson, keepers of the current top two sides. Kepa, Alisson, Ederson etc all do make good saves but they just don't get much attention because their team do not put them under pressure all the time. If your definition of a "top class" keeper is only about the saves one makes, then guess everyone except Fabianski, who has made the most saves this season, are bad?

58 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Also mad how you are so forgiving on Kepa given it is his first season yet have pitchforks for Sarri. :lol:

Think majority are pretty happy with Kepa's performance so far. You're the only one who seems to be upset about Kepa because he hasn't made the saves you want him to make. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Still pains me every time I see De Bruyne play. The perfect midfielder. Probably the one player outside Chelsea in the PL that I'm genuinely jealous of.

He'd probably never had reached this level with us. He'd still be playing only mickey mouse games in cups and some minutes of pity in the league.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

But it isn't just Leicester. It's Spurs away. Arsenal away. Liverpool at home. Season after season he's given United points. That is my point as that is what a top class keeper does. I've been on this forum for a week and believe me the words 'great keeper' and 'top class' has been thrown around for Kepa, which in my opinion is unjustified. That is why I brought up DeGea. He's a young decent keeper who fits the system. 

Also mad how you are so forgiving on Kepa given it is his first season yet have pitchforks for Sarri. :lol:

You seem to have forgotten what a trainwreck De Gea was in his debut season. He couldn't keep out a long shot to save his life, people (including us) were taking the piss out of him. If you're going to compare, compare on equal grounds. Debutant Kepa blows debutant DDG out of the water.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Arsenal such bottlers, they seem to have thrown in the towel already. Lacazette and Aubameyang can't be arsed to track back. Should have their wages docked.

and yet we make them look great fml

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Arsenal such bottlers, they seem to have thrown in the towel already. Lacazette and Aubameyang can't be arsed to track back. Should have their wages docked.

Liverpool scored 5 against them City could easily do the same.  They are horrible defensively and yet we didn't have shoot on target against them?! 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool scored 5 against them City could easily do the same.  They are horrible defensively and yet we didn't have shoot on target against them?! 

When talking about bottlers you can't leave us out of the conversation. Arse bottled against us in the beginning, we bottled the last one. It's a competition between us who bottles the least.