The English Football Thread

Steve

Mou has to go to a Inter / Milan type of club and take them to another level, just to prove that he's still got it and to mantain his legacy.

At this point, he risks to go down in history as a clown, not as a great manager. 

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Lukaku etc. Let's be honest, that's a young core that any manager would like. Knows the PL like the back of his hand and United will be desperate to spend their way back to the top. Will be something completely new to Poch to be at a club who will back him.

Let's not act like it isn't a desirable job. And certainly a big step up from Spuds.

Could say the same about Madrid too. Arguably the biggest club in the world, European champions, still have a team with good players and an owner who isn't afraid to spend big as well. 

16 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Mou has to go to a Inter / Milan type of club and take them to another level, just to prove that he's still got it and to mantain his legacy.

At this point, he risks to go down in history as a clown, not as a great manager. 

If Inter are willing to spend money, then it might be a destination for him. Overshadowed by Juventus, struggling to get back to the top level, last won a trophy in 2011. All set up nicely for Mourinho and his underdog/us against the world mentality. 

25 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Maybe Mourinho go to PSG? 

But I definitely agree that he should go back to Inter. Needs to recover and that is the best place to be at. 

Wouldn't be surprised if bridges are mended and he goes to Real Madrid

3 hours ago, Mana said:

United fans must be feeling what I'd felt when Mourinho left us. I was absolutely buzzing. It was like a very heavy rucksack has been removed from my back and I am free.

I remember before Jose's sacking, I was angry at Chelsea every day, and Mourinho fans that were here (they have moved to United now lol) kept pissing me off with some of the worst pathetic excuses.

Now. Let's hope they appoint Antonio Conte. PLEASE.

Conte would actually be the perfect candidate for the position United are currently in.

I really dont know where there is for Mou to go. He needs to be somewhere the team has no problems of winning owt and players that will worship him cause we know if their face doesn't fit they have no chance.

What I'm worried about is who takes over? They will of course get a nice kitty to play with - Which Conte would appreciate. And tho ZZ has never had to rebuild he worries me.

The thing that interests me is who Perez will sign come the summer? If the reports that came out at the start of the season are right Poch accepted the job but somehow Levy stood in the way. I hope he manages to make it this time. Take the King Edward potato head Kane with him. Weaken Spuds up no end.

12 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

mate in all honesty players nowadays have turned into pussies, cry babies, too soft, theatrical, everything is handed to them on a silver platter, very social media orientated, selfies, hair styles, etc 

no more men on the pitch like before, and so on, im talking about players who bled for their teams and worked their asses off. Most players nowadays are too laid back and lazy.

Definitely - see them getting off the bus with their 100k watches thinking their shit dont stink.

I'd be a right bastard if managing -I'd ban the headphones, twitter, anything that increases their individual narcissism and detracts from a team ethic. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Even back then his intense way of managing was not long term, at the time i thought it was because he was young and wanted the European tour but with further hindsight it's clear it was a flaw of his even at his best.

The general footy fan mainly assumed he would have turned 07/08 around because he was Mourinho, but looking back now signs of a meltdown were brewing. Inter the season after he left was assumed as a effect of missing Mourinho, in hindsight that was a typical Jose season three he just jumped ship before his name got attached to it. 

His intense ways physically and more importantly mentally knacker players out, that's why his teams always peak in the first half of season two, because in that period the perfect storm of his methods being fully ingrained and it being too early to be burned out by them combine.

A non-playing two season trick pony, who could put his arm round the players individually, speak in their language, telling them they're the best in the World. It works for a while. 

Greedy boards and owners have to shoulder responsibility, they knew what they were getting.

Not sure he cares much of a monkeys about it at the end of the day - (over £40.5 million in severance settlement alone) and being a good Catholic, his family come first. And he still has a fantastic record despite the obvious schadenfreude by the media and fans.

TBH its hilarious seeing people gun for Jose esp BBC because for me its that club.

Its more dysfunctional than parliament and they cant even see it.

What they won since frazzle chops went? How many managers? How much wonga spent?

Jose probs got pissed off with the politics, He always does.

The suits, Agents and players run that club its pretty obvious and they dont have a clue!

Robbie savage having another classic:

Talking of an interim manager, I’ve worked with Steve Bruce and Paul Ince has played with him.

Yes, the players are on £200,000 a week, but they need an arm around them. They have been hurt by the criticism they have received.

I know Brucey, training would be fun. When I was at Birmingham I loved him. He was great with me and I respect him.

LOOOOOL 

need to check the steve bruce weddings twitter feed for latest updates, Maybe pogbas doing a new duet with cardi B and steves dropped by...

lord above :D

5 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

they need an arm around them

To be a GOOD manager tho you need a degree in Psychology just as much as football tactics etc.

You cant motivate every player with the hairdryer treatment.

Some may respond great and want to prove you wrong. Some need a arm round them and their heads patting and told it will all be OK. Others need their arses kissed with smoke blown up it and told they're the best thing since sliced bread. Egos are very brittle.

Yeah as the top of their game millionaire professionals they should be good enough to motivate themselves but they're tender likkle lambs bless their hearts!!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

To be a GOOD manager tho you need a degree in Psychology just as much as football tactics etc.

You cant motivate every player with the hairdryer treatment.

Some may respond great and want to probe you wrong. Some need a arm round them and their heads patting and told it will all be OK. Others need their arses kissed with smoke blown up it and told they're the best thing since sliced bread. Egos are very brittle.

Yeah as the top of their game millionaire professionals they should be good enough to motivate themselves but they're tender likkle lambs bless their hearts!!

no. you kick em up the arse and slap them with your glove until they realise they are footballers paid more than the best lawyers and they stop acting like justin bieber.

fergi knew it

6 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

no. you kick em up the arse and slap them with your glove until they realise they are footballers paid more than the best lawyers and they stop acting like justin bieber.

fergi knew it

Nah - thats just what they deserve!

Or maybe do that first then go in with the psychology stuff.