The English Football Thread

Steve

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:
Yup.  Out of the other 5 teams vying for the top 4, we've played 3 of them.
Liverpool have only played 2, Arsenal 2, Spuds 1, Man Utd 2

Spurs have played Utd and Liverpool

I remembered the Utd match, but I didn't remember them playing Liverpool.  my bad.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Tony Cascarino was on Talk Sport the other day talking absolute bollocks as usual. I'm not a fan of the station so was expecting the usual horeshit and I wasn't dissapointed. He actually said that Pep and Man City don't get enough credit that's a ludicrous statement. The English media fawn over that self satisfied greasy twat and are completely in awe of him.

Man City are given an easy ride by the press in comparison to Chelsea where going back to the Bates era we pissed so many people off. But while I don't hate Man City I do find them dull as a club doesn't matter how successful they become they will always be in Man United's shadow they just aren't box office.

Their fans are like church mice as well all the big clubs struggle with atmosphere but the Etihad is a soulless bowl which it would appear rarely sells out.

Premier League big boys are class apart - Dyche

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/46011920

Sean Dyche says it is hard to compete against the Premier League's "big boys" after Burnley suffered a 4-0 defeat by Chelsea at Turf Moor.

It was not a penalty, Martial dived - Silva

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/46011923

Marco Silva believes striker Anthony Martial dived for the penalty which gave Manchester United their first goal in a 2-1 win against Everton.

Manchester United target Jadon Sancho in £100m January spree

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3683755/transfer-talk-manchester-united-target-jadon-sancho-in-100m-january-spreeP

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will be backed to strengthen his squad in the winter if the right deals can be struck, with "more than £100 million potentially available" to him, according to The Guardian.

Mourinho, frustrated in his summer search for another centre-half, wants a defender and a forward. Although he had been interested in Leicester City's Harry Maguire and Bayern Munich's Jerome Boateng, moves did not materialise "because the board did not believe that either was an upgrade" on the defenders already at Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, the Mirror reported reported United are the favourites to sign Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, the former Manchester City player who has attracted interest from around Europe after producing a succession of outstanding performances and earning a call-up to the England squad.

City have a buy-back clause in the deal that sent Sancho to Dortmund but United are the likeliest leaders in any race for the 18-year-old, the Mirror reported.

Snip

Dele Alli signs new Tottenham contract: Spurs star pens fresh six-year deal

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/dele-alli-signs-new-tottenham-contract-spurs-star-pens-fresh-sixyear-deal-a3860356.html

lololol

He will still now be making £30,000 PW LESS than DRINKWATER.