The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He's been sussed as a one trick pony now, a general consensus amongst players means he will never attain the previous heights in the PL The bigger picture is clubs, Newcastle, Sp^ds, Cardiff, Swansea, plenty of clubs  just content to take the profit and TV cash for their owners, like the F1 teams that never expect or want to win a Grand Prix

Where will he goto next?

I know if I owned a club I'd take Conte over him any day.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Where will he goto next?

I know if I owned a club I'd take Conte over him any day.

I would too UJ- but you look at the PL clubs and probably 10-15 would take him. 

United problems can't be put down to one source - Mourinhos ego and not getting players he wanted, Pogba Lukaku underperforming, the Glazers have syphoned £1.5bn out of the club into their personal bank accounts, Woodward, etc but hey, lets enjoy the moment...:P

United fans clambering over themselves to get a picture with Lucas Moura:lol:

What's more laughable is that after another big defeat the main thing he focuses on is defending his own reputation.

It's simply all about him.

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I would too UJ- but you look at the PL clubs and probably 10-15 would take him. 

United problems can't be put down to one source - Mourinhos ego and not getting players he wanted, Pogba Lukaku underperforming, the Glazers have syphoned £1.5bn out of the club into their personal bank accounts, Woodward, etc but hey, lets enjoy the moment...:P

BUT its where would HE go?  The PL clubs youre talking about dont have a big enough profile OR could probably afford him. Tho I suppose it would large up their profiles.

But theres still some clubs around Europe that might take him on but not with his playing styles.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

BUT its where would HE go?  The PL clubs youre talking about dont have a big enough profile OR could probably afford him. Tho I suppose it would large up their profiles.

But theres still some clubs around Europe that might take him on but not with his playing styles.

Yeah odds on he'll go abroad again, aint he looking old now ? Think the Glazers will stick atm, they're too tight to splash out, and Mourinho hasn't lost the dressing room-...yet !

Last night it was all about him, but if he started attacking the underperformers, which they were,  he'd be out pretty sharpish when the players down tools, and there is ''palpable dischord between the individual and players''. :cig:

Burnley will be a watershed game.

Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool (And Watford) Make Premier League History But What Does It Mean For Their Title Chances?

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/tottenham-chelsea-liverpool-and-watford-make-premier-league-history-but-what-does-it-mean-for-their-title-chances

Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Watford have written their names into the history books by each winning their opening three games of the league season. It is the first time in Premier League history that four teams boast a 100-per-cent record after the opening three matchdays and we take a look at how previous fast starters have fared in the past...

I see that Bielsa is doing good. I'm happy for that. 

I always wanted him to come to the PL. Including managed Chelsea back then, when we fired RDM. We needed to change the style but still kept the same style with Mourinho and Conte. 

Now we are good with Sarri. 

But definitely looking forward to have Bielsa in the PL soon. I'm sure if Leeds don't make it some club in the PL will appoint him next season. 

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah odds on he'll go abroad again, aint he looking old now ? Think the Glazers will stick atm, they're too tight to splash out, and Mourinho hasn't lost the dressing room-...yet !

Last night it was all about him, but if he started attacking the underperformers, which they were,  he'd be out pretty sharpish when the players down tools, and there is ''palpable dischord between the individual and players''. :cig:

Burnley will be a watershed game.

Seems like United are sticking with Mourinho for the sake of sticking with the manager. Would be funny if he dragged them towards the relegation zone!

Unless Mourinho decides to do a Benitez, I'm not sure which other big club would want him if/when he does get the sack. Saw some people mention Inter or even Milan but even they seem to have a long term approach these days as opposed to being desperate to win things and would they want to deal with the drama that Mourinho brings with him? We've seen it happen far too often now. People are sick and tired of it. On top of that, would Mourinho himself want to go to Inter or Milan? They may have owners who are willing to spend but they aren't capable of spending big money like Real, Man City, PSG and they don't exactly have an A squad either. 

Think United will win at Burnley, who have looked incapable of playing Europa League on Thursday and then the league on Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seems like United are sticking with Mourinho for the sake of sticking with the manager. Would be funny if he dragged them towards the relegation zone!

Unless Mourinho decides to do a Benitez, I'm not sure which other big club would want him if/when he does get the sack. Saw some people mention Inter or even Milan but even they seem to have a long term approach these days as opposed to being desperate to win things and would they want to deal with the drama that Mourinho brings with him? We've seen it happen far too often now. People are sick and tired of it. On top of that, would Mourinho himself want to go to Inter or Milan? They may have owners who are willing to spend but they aren't capable of spending big money like Real, Man City, PSG and they don't exactly have an A squad either. 

Think United will win at Burnley, who have looked incapable of playing Europa League on Thursday and then the league on Sunday. 

On another note will other clubs finally start being a bit more cautious appointing our ex managers on the back of them fucking up here? It's quite ridiculous how AVB and Jose fucked up beyond all reason yet walked into jobs at teams who finished above us. That's why i can't understand people saying we are a poisoned challice for managers, we represent probably the most risk free top job as far as (lack off) risk to reputation damage goes for manager's.

Both Levy and Woodward fell for the "player powers fault not the managers at Chelsea" bolax and appointed AVB and Jose respectively, and by the sounds of it Woodward may well be set to do likewise again and approach Conte.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

On another note will other clubs finally start being a bit more cautious appointing our ex managers on the back of them fucking up here? It's quite ridiculous how AVB and Jose fucked up beyond all reason yet walked into jobs at teams who finished above us. That's why i can't understand people saying we are a poisoned challice for managers, we represent probably the most risk free top job as far as (lack off) risk to reputation damage goes for manager's.

Both Levy and Woodward fell for the "player powers fault not the managers at Chelsea" bolax and appointed AVB and Jose respectively, and by the sounds of it Woodward may well be set to do likewise again and approach Conte.

It is quite a stupid and lazy stick people often beat us up with. We often get reminded or criticized how we were impatient and wrong to sell the likes of De Bruyne because they have blossomed since etc, which can be a fair point. But with managers, we just get criticized for being impatient, not backing the manager even when they have done anything impressive in subsequent jobs. What have the following managers done after being sacked by us?

Grant - Got relegated with two Premier League teams in back-to-back seasons. Do I need to say more?

Scolari - Hasn't managed in Europe ever since. Went to Uzbekistan, Brazil, China and now back in Brazil. Won a few trophies in China but who could forget that 7-1 thrashing by Germany at the World Cup? 

AVB - Got sacked by Spurs, didn't last long at Zenit or even Shanghai SIPG. Out of job and his name has barely been linked with any notable club.

RDM - Lasted less than a season at Schalke and only FOUR months at Aston Villa. 

Benitez - Got sacked after a few months at Real Madrid, took Napoli backwards and now finds himself at a non-big club.

Mourinho - An odd mention but given the drama he has always caused, now again at United, can people say we were wrong to sack him despite the success?

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seems like United are sticking with Mourinho for the sake of sticking with the manager.

There are 11 backroom staff with Mourinho and would it would cost the Glazers just short of £75m to get shot, something they're probably not prepared to do. Yet.

It's funny watching the same excuses being thrown around by Mourinho worshippers. 

United have spent over 400 million euros in the last 5 transfer windows( under Mourinho) (-300 net spent )

Yet they still feel he wasn't backed. Like really ? :lol: How much money does this guy need ? Still playing shit on a stick football. 

I'm absolutely loving this. :D Hopefully they'll keep him for the entire season. Shoud make reaching top 4 spot easier.