• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

I agree that it's bad news for us that Wenger is leaving when it comes to finding a new manager. As mad as it is to say, Arsenal is likely a much more attractive job than Chelsea simply because they'll surely give the new guy plenty of time. The next manager knows that he can go through an early rough patch and be given every opportunity to turn things around.

Theyll also likely be sniffing around the same names as we will be. Let us hope they do the foolish thing and get Brendan Rodgers! 😂

Who knows. Maybe if Conte finishes this season strongly and with a feel good factor he'll stay after all and we don't need a new manager.

I think arsenal is more attractive because they have arguably a better squad and maybe even more money 

5 hours ago, DDA said:

Or Alegri for that matter too. I really don't want to see either of those two here.

So who should we target? 

I dont want Enrique, allegri is fine but we will play somewhat similar to under Conte or Mou which will be boring. 

I honestly don't know what options do we have?? 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

I guess you see it differently but all of our targets present high risks and I am not convinced by a single one of them at all.

Given the way Conte has been behaving this season, keeping him is also a risk. Appointing him in the first place was aswell. 

Given the way Conte has been behaving this season, keeping him is also a risk. Appointing him in the first place was aswell. 
He had won the league twice and did quite well with Italy. None of the options mentioned have the same CV, so I don't see it being the same.

21 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He had won the league twice and did quite well with Italy. None of the options mentioned have the same CV, so I don't see it being the same.

He's pretty much going to keep kicking off unless he gets a blank cheque. He did an incredible job last season, but last seasons gone. 

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Liverpool drop points ^_^

We are still in it.....LMAO.

But we won't make it. Spurs and Liverpool have a very favorable run-in and we haven't even gone to Newcastle!

Liverpool (3rd, 71 pts)
Stoke (h)
Chelsea (a)
Brighton (h)

Spurs (4th, 68 pts)
Watford (h)
West Brom (a)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (h)

Chelsea (5th, 63 pts)
Swansea (a)
Liverpool (h)
Huddersfield (h)
Newcastle (a)

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

But we won't make it. Spurs and Liverpool have a very favorable run-in and we haven't even gone to Newcastle!

Liverpool (3rd, 71 pts)
Stoke (h)
Chelsea (a)
Brighton (h)

Spurs (4th, 68 pts)
Watford (h)
West Brom (a)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (h)

Chelsea (5th, 63 pts)
Swansea (a)
Liverpool (h)
Huddersfield (h)
Newcastle (a)

Yeah the thing is, even if it was not that favourable, imagine liverpool lose vs stoke, such that we could beat them to get 4th, I would not back us to do so with this generation of players we have. When we led Spurs 1-0 we had them by the balls, we had acres of space, chance after chance but we did not have the guts or the composure to finish them and most probably get us a top 4 finish. it is crazy, last year the same group of players saw out the title run-in cool as you like but this season when there is a game to win at any cost they somehow always fuck it up and concede silly goals and don't score.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Yup. they are trolling us. I can totally see pool and spurs both drop points one more time to make us end up agonizingly close behind them.

Yeah we'll end up 2 behind or something super annoying. Oh well own fault.. Play shite.. It ends shite 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

But this isn't about Conte, is it? Of all the candidates out there, who do you think is best to replace Conte? 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Spurs (4th, 68 pts)
Watford (h)
West Brom (a)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (h)

Time for Leicester to remember what we did for them back in 2016...

But yeah, the latest results are just a false hope. 5 points is too much.

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Time for Leicester to remember what we did for them back in 2016...

But yeah, the latest results are just a false hope. 5 points is too much.

And for us to win them all as well.. Way we've played not being in the champions league may not be a bad thing. We hardly did amazing and unless much changes can see next time being the same.