The English Football Thread

Steve

8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I didn't even get that FB. You were allowed to go to meetings or courses but you couldn't go to a meeting and come back and get overtime.

Shocking, need to get the union on to that. The higher you were up the Union chain the more cash n freebies you got. Had a mate on the Executive and they were encouraged to claim for everything -his exact words were he had more money than he knew what to do with it. But back to Gordon fucking Bennet Taylor - he;s taking the piss. I suppose if hes representing players/members on 3-400k a week he feels 'entitled' to such a fuck off salary.

Bottom line, all that money comes from global TV revenue - all the World wants to see our English Premiership. :cig:

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

It's being pointed out and rightly so the FA's stupid policy of playing all FA cup semi finals at Wembley. When Tottenham beat Rochdale they will be playing at home in the semi final. Doesn't matter if it's temporary or not it's an unfair advantage. Will the FA do the right thing and move it to West Ham's ground ? will they fuck.

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

City going out has to be good. Here's hoping we don't get turfed out be Leicester!

That be typical.

I remember when Liverpool went out to Barnsley everyone was saying it was ours to lose.. And then we also went out to Barnsley... Different situation this time as more top sides in it. Not that matters as anyone can beat anyone 

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Get the point but at the same time why should whoever Spurs play lose out the case to play at Wembley in a cup final. 

Should never be there in the first place as makes the occasion less of a occasion. 

Agreed but they set a precedent after Spurs- Arsenal in 91 which sort of made sense and to a lesser degree Sheffield Utd vs Wednesday in 93. Then we played Luton in 94 we had 45,000 they had about 14,000 and then even more stupid was having Man United- Oldham at Wembley. But  the FA have to pay for the new Wembley so it's going to continue.

damn, Wigan sure do love playing against City in the FA Cup, never expected this. Thats the magic of the cup i guess, thats why we cant be complacent and take teams for granted, we have a realistic shot at this trophy.

yeah we should defo set fa cup as major target now. but anything can happen. Mancity approached this tie with much of their 1st XI and still failed miserably. I saw Stones took a leaf out of Cahills book and almost backed himself out of the stadium.