• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

49 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I cheer myself up just knowing I'm not in north London! c48b5036c6879ec4ccb10e979bdfea5b.gif

My mums from North London.. Luckily her grandad/my greatgrandad made the right choice in what club to follow... Otherwise probably be me raging away on Arsenal TV lol. 

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That's certainly part of it but I also think it's just not in his character. He's an easy going, nonchalant player. Almost a bit lazy like Özil. Doesn't enjoy expending much energy without the ball. Even times when you see Conte yelling "Go! Go! Go!" on the touchline for our players to press up he does so halfheartedly.

Again I think it's because he knows it's just going to be a collective halfhearted press anyway. The opposition will make a few easy passes and play their way out of it, no matter how intense he goes for the press personally.

Can't remember the last time we suffocated a team over a long period, especially a big team. It's just not how we play but I've been desperate to see it for years. One day.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

My mums from North London.. Luckily her grandad/my greatgrandad made the right choice in what club to follow... Otherwise probably be me raging away on Arsenal TV lol. 

Not like she chose to be born there tho. Some peeps actually choose to go there! ;)

3 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Again I think it's because he knows it's just going to be a collective halfhearted press anyway. The opposition will play a few easy passes and be in our half, no matter how intense he goes for the press personally.

Can't remember the last time we suffocated a team, especially a big team. It's just not how we play but I've been desperate to see it for years. One day.

This. We just never follow through on our pressing. We always leave our opponent with easy passes backwards. 

The rare times we press it always seems like the purpose isn't to take the ball or force them to hoof the ball forward but just to chase them out of our half. 

Once our opponents are in their own half Conte stops yelling "go go go" and we just take up defensive positions again. 

People saying Man City have been exposed, they did make a spirited comeback to make the final score 4-3. It is an admirable trait about this City team that even when they are not having a good game, they've managed to keep their heads till the final whistle and play with composure in attack. Bailed them out many times.

They arent even like United years ago when they would put the opposition under a lot of pressure late on in games by crossing the ball into the box or hoofing it. The goals they've scored late have been patiently built and coolly finished under pressure like the Bernardo Silva goal today. 

I hate that I'm saying this but Liverpool were absolute class in the second half bar the goals they conceded. They killed City in those attacking situations. Imagine if they could defend. City will go to Newcastle and beat them 3 or 4-0 to get back into the swing of things but the likes of Burnley, Southampton and Liverpool have shown that, despite the attacking traits of their full backs and use of the ball their CBs have they are still more than average once guys are running in behind Fernandinho and turning Stones and Otamendi around. Brave way for LFC to approach that game too, because on a different day City could have cut through their pressing like a hot knife through butter.

Anyone else think Andy Robertson for 7-9M is looking pretty impressive? Always liked him from his days at Dundee United as a very talented player but was pretty surprised he made the move there in the summer although seeing some of the performances he put in for Hull and has now put in for Liverpool he would have been a very good low fee, good value signing here.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Liverpool were fabulous, took the game to a City side who are actually beatable despite popular belief.

Press high, work hard and you win games.

City were dreadful. Worse passing and retaining of the ball I've seen from them all season. Not to mention the mistakes that led to at least 2 of Liverpool's goals. Liverpool played well, but they were also the fresher team of the two. City were poor. Aguero is shot, he hasn't got the legs any more, they were missing G.Jesus up top badly. We all knew City were beatable though, they have been fortunate in a few games previously, and vs Crystal Palace they could have lost it. Unfortunately, we have been even worse and haven't capitalised when given the opportunity. 

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes we could play more entertaining indeed.

But when you read and hear everywhere how quality is stones and otamendi and fernandinho, and then you see them roasted when they get under pressure, I laugh at city. 

So much for world class defenders. One gets outmucled by firmino like a doll and the other two agression freaks with zero composure when under pressure. 

Dont let their attack decive you how poor they actualy are when they are 1v1 or under pressure. 

Bunch of pretenders. Where is the football when top top teams actualy had quality players like Vieira, Scholes, Ferdinand,...

Remember this City will get spanked by either Barca, Bayern, Psg, Juve or even maybe Real althrough they are shit. 

Beating evertons and and west hams is one thing when they chicken out before the game starts and oppisition makes city players play the most comfortable way. 

Top teams will press the shit out of them and I look forward for the rape of Otamendi Stones and whoever pep throws because they while being good footballers are average defenders at best. 

I can see Spurs beating Juventus and Real getting beat by PSG, so that only leaves Barca, Bayern and PSG to beat City. Maybe it will be a Liverpool vs City final haha. Oh god! I dread. 

Don’t have anyone in particular to quote, but I pretty much disagree with the majority of the posts around city-Liverpool game.

City and Guardiola style of play is a choice, nothing more nothing less. When well executed it can be very effective especially in long championships, but less so in single-elimination competitions.

Pressing high or defending deep have worked well against this system,  but that does not make it a bad system, just a choice that uses possession as a form of defense.

of course defense and defenders are more exposed in this system! You are far more dependent on possession and if you don’t keep the football (like city couldn’t bc of pressing or sloppy play - Fernandinho) you will be attacked and this system is more vulnerable to attacks - it needs to see less of it to work.

you just can’t have it both ways. As you focus on attack and play a more open game you expose your defense. Liverpool also conceded 3 goals at home. There is no rule that says your defenders will physically win every dispute esp if you pick skillful defenders that better fit your system (again a choice).

I hope the folks asking for a more attacking approach are prepared to live with less defensive solidly, because that's the cost of it.

Btw, still think Fernandinho is a lousy midfielder. :)

6 hours ago, It's too big said:

I can see Spurs beating Juventus and Real getting beat by PSG, so that only leaves Barca, Bayern and PSG to beat City. Maybe it will be a Liverpool vs City final haha. Oh god! I dread. 

Why would you ever joke about it!! Just imagine.

21 minutes ago, Beigl said:

People still think we will finish over Utd in the league? They might not be much better than us, but they have the firepower to overcome small teams. 

Nahhhhh. Hopefully finish 3rd...but way we're going it's slide time... If we finish  below Spurs... 

6 hours ago, Beigl said:

People still think we will finish over Utd in the league? They might not be much better than us, but they have the firepower to overcome small teams. 

We were never finishing above the top 2, they are a class above us. A Bakayoko hat-trick against Barcelona would be more realistic.

Didn't watch the game, despise United. Saw the goals on SKY this morning and their wank fest over Pogba.....I also saw a Tweet salivating saying his 90M now looks a bargain, well I have some news for you.....N'Golo Kante.