The English Football Thread

Steve

15 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

They can play 4:3:3, with Mane and Salah on wings, Firmino uptop and Lemar as LCM. They will also get Keita in summer who will probably play RCM. They indeed need DM and GK, then they would have fantastic squad. 

Lemar doesnt need to be winger tbh. He is excelent in connecting the midfield with attack, keeping the fluidity of play. And his work rate is impressive too. 

Would be great replacement for Coutinho IMO, thats why I hope they dont get him.

I thought lemar is more of a winger (I only watch him from YouTube). But still I personally don't think Liverpool is looking at lemar since they have keita, can, lallana, wijnaldum for that two cm positions. Those are very good options. 

Arsene really want him though, since it looks like both Ozil and Sanchez are going to leave. 

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

3 hours ago, communicate said:

But still I personally don't think Liverpool is looking at lemar since they have keita, can, lallana, wijnaldum for that two cm positions.

Heard Can is joining Juventus this summer, he's out of contract.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11197163/juventus-offer-liverpools-emre-can-a-five-year-contract
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5238453/Emre-seals-agreement-principle-Juventus.html

So that leaves only Keita, Lallana and Wijnaldum. Not good enough. However, there are rumours of them going for Strootman as replacement.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/08/liverpool-talks-sign-kevin-strootman-roma-7213517/
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/902054/Liverpool-news-Jurgen-Klopp-transfer-gossip-Kevin-Strootman-Emre-Can-Leon-Goretzka

6 hours ago, manpe said:

If can leave, i will sign a dm instead of another cm if i were klopp. Henderson can play as cm but not sure any of those player above can play as dm

Well it looks like this is going to carry on. Rix if nobody knows him is the geezer that went to jail for sleeping with a 15 year old girl with a dodgy ID card saying she was 21! Now I wont go near the - girls lie - argument but thers a vast chasm between forced and stupid (on both sides)

And  Gwyn Williams got sacked for sending emails to work 'colleagues' of naked women in showers! Whatever floats yer boat! 

Chelsea taking allegations of racism and bullying made against former coaches Graham Rix and Gwyn Williams 'extremely seriously'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/12/chelsea-taking-allegationsof-racism-bullying-made-against-former/

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Kane is like fucking Drogba in his pomp....Shoot on sight, lethal and jus bullies the living shit out of every defender.

How things have changed....Oh wait Andy Carroll should see to that.

Hell save us!!! Hes usually injured and sort of past it but definitely the answers... Oh wait... Not that we've signed even him yet haha

Oh hello Spurs 3 behind.. City better win tommrow!! Otherwise down we go 

If you would make a combined best XI of Spurs and Chelsea players, only Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta, Christensen and Courtois would enter into that team from our side. Only one of the five is an attacking player. Spurs are technically far better and indefinitely more lethal in front of the goal. 

6 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

If you would make a combined best XI of Spurs and Chelsea players, only Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta, Christensen and Courtois would enter into that team from our side. Only one of the five is an attacking player. Spurs are technically far better and indefinitely more lethal in front of the goal. 

You think Hazard would make it on latest performances?

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You think Hazard would make it on latest performances?

Surely not, Eden has been appalling recently. He looks lazy, unmotivated and even when he has a chance to shoot he just decides to do couple more dribbles and Cruijff turns for no reason. 

22 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

2-1 Bournemouth.....Lacazette is a mess right now a bit like Morata.

Yep. All 3 big money summer strikers struggling at the moment. Fans of other leagues laugh when PL followers say its more difficult in England but it's true.