• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Watch us struggle against Arsenal in 2 1/2 weeks time..

The one gripe if you can call it that with Conte is he doesn't play Arsenal the way our ex manager's do with success. Another thing is, we have beat Arsenal at home the last 5 occasion's, law of average's you would thik get's them a result soon, although didn't we beat Liverpool at home 7 year's on the spin?

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The one gripe if you can call it that with Conte is he doesn't play Arsenal the way our ex manager's do with success. Another thing is, we have beat Arsenal at home the last 5 occasion's, law of average's you would thik get's them a result soon, although didn't we beat Liverpool at home 7 year's on the spin?

Did we? I don't remember. :lol:

Not sure if Conte's dodgy record against Arsenal has anything to do with the approach TBH. All the games have either come down to the performance level, small details or just some indiscipline.

Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea - We were tactically a shambles back then and I doubt any approach would have prevented us from a defeat.

Chelsea 3-1 Arsenal - Overpowered them and won with ease

Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea - Didn't even bother turning for the final

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea - Played better than the cup final, coped fairly well and would have won the game had we not gone down to 10 men

I supposed if you are looking for positives, Conte changed our formation against Spurs last weekend to keep the likes of Alli, Eriksen from causing havoc like last season - though the injuries/suspensions may have forced his hand - and he might do something similar against Arsenal when he looks back at the previous games.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did we? I don't remember. :lol:

Not sure if Conte's dodgy record against Arsenal has anything to do with the approach TBH. All the games have either come down to the performance level, small details or just some indiscipline.

Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea - We were tactically a shambles back then and I doubt any approach would have prevented us from a defeat.

Chelsea 3-1 Arsenal - Overpowered them and won with ease

Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea - Didn't even bother turning for the final

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea - Played better than the cup final, coped fairly well and would have won the game had we not gone down to 10 men

I supposed if you are looking for positives, Conte changed our formation against Spurs last weekend to keep the likes of Alli, Eriksen from causing havoc like last season - though the injuries/suspensions may have forced his hand - and he might do something similar against Arsenal when he looks back at the previous games.

Think Roman's first season (Bruno Cherou winner :lol: )  was the first time Liverpool got a result at The Bridge since the mid 90's, i would check statto but the site has crashed.

Under Jose, Hiddink and even Rafa Arsenal barely even created chances against us, under Conte they have created chances vs us at will, even at The Bridge last season Tibo made 3 top saves (from Gabriel, Ozil and Welbeck).

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Under Jose, Hiddink and even Rafa Arsenal barely even created chances against us, under Conte they have created chances vs us at will, even at The Bridge last season Tibo made 3 top saves (from Gabriel, Ozil and Welbeck).

Those chances came originally from set piece situations, no?

To say they barely created chances against us under Hiddink and Benitez is nonsense. I remember they had tons of opportunities to score before we scored in that 4-1 win in 2009 and they could have easily gotten a draw in the 2-1 win under Benitez. We battered them in the first half but completely switched off in the second.

One thing it has to be considered that Conte's formation is different to that used by Mourinho, Hiddink and Benitez and naturally, the approach and how the game might turn out are gonna be different as well.

Arsenal/Wenger jokes aside ... 

Wenger is supposed to be a tactical manager (currently thats a joke right there), a thinking manager but his tactics are so primitive that it just makes u wonder what kind of club Arsenal are.

Yesterday's game remained me very much of the Champions league QF between Juventus and Bayern where Conte’s 3 in the back was outsmarted by Bayern’s wingers (Robben and Ribery I believe, I don’t remember who the other was). They kept running behind the pockets of space left by the wingbacks with their blistering pace. Being a noob in terms of planning I always was impressed with 3 in the back and I really didn’t know at that time there could be a counter solution. That game was like an eye opener for me.

Coming back to yesterday game it was very similar counter tactics, for me I drew parallel with the CL game. I just don’t get Wenger now, he didn’t change his formation for a good 15 yrs and now he moved to 3 at the back just because it is the flavor of the season without having personals to execute 3 at the back tactics. The club is in deep shit right now.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Rob: Any positives today at all?

Ty: At least it wasn't more than 4

:lol::lol:

People go on about these Arsenal fans and no doubt they are pricks of the highest order. But I can't understand why that Robbie geezer doesn't get a hard time. I noticed this shit is now being sponsored by Ladbrokes he's making money hand over fist by making Arsenal fans looking stupid. I know some Gooners who really hate this and as a football fan I don't blame them. He keeps asking the same fans the same loaded questions knowing full well he's going to get idiotic answers. Put it on Youtube and have ever every football around the world laughing their bollocks off while he drives around in a Rolls Royce.

If I'd gone to Anfield and seen Chelsea lose 4-0 and some geezer stuck a microphone in my face I'd shove it up his arse.

31 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I noticed this shit is now being sponsored by Ladbrokes he's making money hand over fist by making Arsenal fans looking stupid.

The fans make themselves look stupid, it's not like he edits those interviews to make them appear worse, everything is presented as is. And some of them do talk sensible stuff, like that old guy for example. Ty is the only one who is genuinely dumb and included only for the view count, but other than that if his videos make Arse fans look bad, it means they are bad. Fair play to Robbie, there are far worse and immoral ways to earn money.

33 minutes ago, manpe said:

The fans make themselves look stupid, it's not like he edits those interviews to make them appear worse, everything is presented as is. And some of them do talk sensible stuff, like that old guy for example. Ty is the only one who is genuinely dumb and included only for the view count, but other than that if his videos make Arse fans look bad, it means they are bad. Fair play to Robbie, there are far worse and immoral ways to earn money.

60,000 Arsenal fans and he picks the same blokes every week he's making them look a laughing stock while he makes money out of it. He's totally disingenuous and getting sponsored by a betting company is taking the piss. The old bloke Claude (about the same age as me !) is a decent bloke but his anguish and despair he's playing up to the camera now. There's also that bloke who says fam and blud all the while a he's a massive tit he could quite easily get other fans to interview. There's nothing immoral about it but he wouldn't last five minutes at Stamford Bridge. Here's a vid of what some Gooners think. 

7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

60,000 Arsenal fans and he picks the same blokes every week he's making them look a laughing stock while he makes money out of it. He's totally disingenuous and getting sponsored by a betting company is taking the piss. The old bloke Claude (about the same age as me !) is a decent bloke but his anguish and despair he's playing up to the camera now. There's also that bloke who says fam and blud all the while a he's a massive tit he could quite easily get other fans to interview. There's nothing immoral about it but he wouldn't last five minutes at Stamford Bridge. Here's a vid of what some Gooners think. 

Fair enough assessment. I don't have deep knowledge about Robbie's doings, I just enjoy watching it from time to time. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

the only one i like from that lot is Claude, the rest can fuck off