The English Football Thread

Steve

Will never understand Guardiola's obsession with the constant tinkering. Can never seem to keep things simple and trust his players' quality to come through. In some ways, it's probably a good thing that we didn't get him as our manager. Might have ended up with another AVB situation.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, oldportblue said:

disagree, everton did well to get a point

Should they really have to hang on desperately with a man advantage. Lucky they did get a point there.

Oh well. One of their midfielders is now out against us.

Just now, Pizy said:

Should they really have to hang on desperately with a man advantage. Lucky they did get a point there.

Oh well. One of their midfielders is now out against us.

away at city? yeah they probably should... Almost every team in the prem would take a draw away to city (and they ended with 10 men too)

1 minute ago, oldportblue said:

away at city? yeah they probably should... Almost every team in the prem would take a draw away to city (and they ended with 10 men too)

You're right. I suppose Everton will be delighted to come away from that fixture with a point.

I'd be very disappointed if we did so with a man advantage for a half.

Just now, Pizy said:

You're right. I suppose Everton will be delighted to come away from that fixture with a point.

I'd be very disappointed if we did so with a man advantage for a half.

agreed! but we have bigger ambitions that everton...

After this weekend of premier league matches, I feel much better about us possibly having a sustained title challenge. MU look good so far but city are showing a few little signs of weakness, arsenal weren't ever really gonna challenge but seeing them lose is always pleasant and we just beat spurs away... looking somewhat promising for when we get everyone back and firing, hopefully we can beat everton with a makeshift line-up and keep up with the big teams until we have everyone back. Happy days

was watching the City-Everton game and to be honest i tought Everton were going to blow it in the end, City with 10 men looked much more hungrier and sharper than Everton and were rewarded for that with Sterling´s great goal and could have even got a winner afterwards, it would have been so harsh on Everton who held on to their 1 goal lead for 82 min against City at the Etihad, they could have killed the match if they wanted to, they had the extra man but were contented with that 1 goal lead and played it safe when they should have went for the kill, you know it´s a big task to hold on to  those 1 nil leads in the premier league specially if you´re playing one of the big teams.

In the end it was a fair result, because City never gave up and kept chasing that equalizer and still wanted more after that, all credit to Everton though for making life very hard for City and on another day they would have walked away from Manchester with all 3 points. This one is an eye opener for us as Everton are no pushovers, it will be no walk in the park by all means, last season´s 5-0 win was just a perfect day and game, altough i would love a performance and result of that nature, this time around will be much different and Everton for sure will take belief from their draw against City when they come to the Bridge, but i expect us to do our job at home and get the result. Cheers mates and all the best ;)

I'm sure Shrek loved scoring against City again.

For as much as I've hated Rooney throughout the years, I do enjoy seeing a player somewhat reborn, especially when he scores against Citeh. As long as he doesn't do it against us....

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

And that Klaasen clearance at the end was great

key moment in the game, what a clearance that was, that´s what kept City from scoring the winner, i just knew it right away Everton were going to get a result.