The English Football Thread

Steve

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we lose next week there may be 15/16 levels of toxicity. Win and look good doing so and there will be the belief that all will be well.

If only Eden were fit! 😩

Because people love sensationalism.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we lose next week there may be 15/16 levels of toxicity. Win and look good doing so and there will be the belief that all will be well.

If only Eden were fit! 😩

As much Im fumming about the board, Im still super excited for this season. It will be interesting to see if we can climb up or are we going to do 15/16 (hopefuly not haha). Which kids will get chance and take it etc etc.

Much better this way than being dunno Bayern fan where you know league is already yours. 

At the very least, united and city growing means improvement of the league and english football, chelsea will have to follow it to stay competitive. And we will finaly see more english teams in CL knockouts...

6 hours ago, communicate said:

This, people thought matic is scrap. He is a starting midfielder for 2 title winning squad. He is a good dm, nobody deny that.  Conte wanted him to stay but he wanted to leave, he is 29 with only juve as rumored suitor and juve will never offer 40 m, only team like united can offer such amount for 29 years old player.

Tbh I dont give a shit how much money we get from player sales. 

Did we spend 70m from Oscar on new winger or AM? 

I would rather see Matic in juve for 20m, in some other league, for all I care if he brings them title. But to sell him to rival with coach who made him play best in his career? 

The sheer thinking and seeing every week how amazing Matic is under United, how he connects them, how he makes them play better, how great he plays himself etc etc...isnt worth a penny nevermind 40m. I had enough with Cech, Mata and partly even Kdb or Lukaku.

Seems we are the only top team in england next to arsenal that sells players to rivals ffs. 

At least nick Rose from Spurs, Alexis from Arsenal but our board has no clue and other clubs are not as stupid anymore.

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh I dont give a shit how much money we get from player sales. 

Did we spend 70m from Oscar on new winger or AM? 

I would rather see Matic in juve for 20m, in some other league, for all I care if he brings them title. But to sell him to rival with coach who made him play best in his career? 

The sheer thinking and seeing every week how amazing Matic is under United, how he connects them, how he makes them play better, how great he plays himself etc etc...isnt worth a penny nevermind 40m. I had enough with Cech, Mata and partly even Kdb or Lukaku.

Seems we are the only top team in england next to arsenal that sells players to rivals ffs. 

At least nick Rose from Spurs, Alexis from Arsenal but our board has no clue and other clubs are not as stupid anymore.

Spurs have just sold walker to city for 50 m. I think they accept it because they are building new stadium similar to what Arsenal did while they were building emirates. 

For us, I don't know, are we building a new stadium hence we need to save money or this is how the team is going to operate from now on. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Spurs have just sold walker to city for 50 m. I think they accept it because they are building new stadium similar to what Arsenal did while they were building emirates. 

For us, I don't know, are we building a new stadium hence we need to save money or this is how the team is going to operate from now on. 

And it was publicly known Arsenal couldnt be super competitive back then. Their board at least explained to their fans. 

Spurs will probably get decent replacement for Walker, nevermind they are about to sign Sanchez for 40m. 

And even so, the times have changed compared to Arsenal stadium building days. 

Contracts are much much bigger now and if you go head to head with spurs, we have bigger sponsor and league revenue, nevermind money from player sales, we could easily afford few more players.

Both Barca and Real have stadium rebuilds in mind, I bet you they wont be "cheap" for those 5 years during their stadium rebuild. 

I think it has little to do with stadium, its just how we operate these days. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

And it was publicly known Arsenal couldnt be super competitive back then. Their board at least explained to their fans. 

Spurs will probably get decent replacement for Walker, nevermind they are about to sign Sanchez for 40m. 

And even so, the times have changed compared to Arsenal stadium building days. 

Contracts are much much bigger now and if you go head to head with spurs, we have bigger sponsor and league revenue, nevermind money from player sales, we could easily afford few more players.

Both Barca and Real have stadium rebuilds in mind, I bet you they wont be "cheap" for those 5 years during their stadium rebuild. 

I think it has little to do with stadium, its just how we operate these days. 

Don't get me wrong it is different to Arsenal time but you can see that spurs haven't brought in a single player. They will bring Sanchez after selling walker for more.  They pretty much does not spend any money this transfer windows. Building stadium does impact your ability in transfer window. 

Btw talking about RM and Barcelona. They haven't spent much either this season. Yes I know they have a good squad already but there is no expensive signing from both eventhough both have received considerable amount of money from Morata and Neymar sale. Maybe it does have an impact even in the planning stage. 

OK now back to us. I don't like selling to rivals. But if this is how teams operate then we may not like it but maybe we are trying to be sustainable on within which what ffp is which what if I am not wrong Mou complained about when he was here.  

FFP may sound nice but it simply means that the big traditional team like united, real, barca and bayern will always have much bigger transfer budget compare to the smaller team. Under Mou united have spent over 200 million in nett spend over 2 seasons, city should be around 300 million nett under pep.  I'll be surprised if we can do that. 

28 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:
Jimmy Floyd‏Verified account
@jf9hasselbaink

I have a great deal of sympathy for #LFC over Phillippe Coutinho. Its not that I think he is unhappy but when a big club come calling?

BURNNNN

i cant blame Coutinho for wanting to leave, Liverpool dont give him any assurances over titles, just like with Arsenal and their players that want to leave to win things, this is the main reason im relaxed regarding Hazard and co. possibly wanting to leave in the near future, but we need to continue to show more ambition and win more titles. Cheers

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/blogs/boilerplate---guest-fan-blog/guest-fan-blog/premier-league-25-years-xi--part-one.html

great read, one can only imagine if all these players mentioned played together, we would have dominated in England and in Europe for sure. Cheers

Cech, Azpi, Terry, Desailly, A. Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Hazard, Robben, Drogba, Zola

Bench: Courtois, Carvalho, Ferrer, Gullit, Ballack, Kante, Hasselbaink

there are still a lot of players who can make this team for sure, but who would you have in your all time XI?

7 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/blogs/boilerplate---guest-fan-blog/guest-fan-blog/premier-league-25-years-xi--part-one.html

great read, one can only imagine if all these players mentioned played together, we would have dominated in England and in Europe for sure. Cheers

Cech, Azpi, Terry, Desailly, A. Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Hazard, Robben, Drogba, Zola

Bench: Courtois, Carvalho, Ferrer, Gullit, Ballack, Kante, Hasselbaink

there are still a lot of players who can make this team for sure, but who would you have in your all time XI?

Cech

Iva-Carvalho-Terry-Cole

Essien-Makelele-Lamps

Robben-Drogba-Hazard

Gudjohnsen/\Hasselbaink, Zola and Gallas were also quality in their best years at cfc.

4 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Everton have shown more ambition than us in the window :clap::clap::clap:

great buy from Everton, he will slot in to their midfield so easily and will spoon feed Rooney like there is no tomorrow. Sigurdsson always seems to score against us tough :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Cech

Iva-Carvalho-Terry-Cole

Essien-Makelele-Lamps

Robben-Drogba-Hazard

Gudjohnsen/\Hasselbaink, Zola and Gallas were also quality in their best years at cfc.

it makes you cringe at the tought we had so many great teams in the past with a lot of depth and you look at the current state of our team and start crying