• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

When people laud and applaud the level of defending in the PL, I just cringe from head to toe. It's physical, and certain types of players might not be able to adapt, but it's definitely not better than the defending in other top leagues.

I've been saying this since 2014/2015 and I'll keep saying it. Arsenal possess one of the best squads (top three) in the league and Wenger should be ashamed he never won the league.

He has such a wide variety of options in terms of personnel and tactical set-ups. Even if they were to lose Sanchez, they'd be strong enough to win the league.

But I don't see it happening with Wenger at the helm. He did extremely well to keep Arsenal in the top 4 when they were penny pinching but winning the league (or CL) is a different beast. He's lost his niche in that regard.

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I've been saying this since 2014/2015 and I'll keep saying it. Arsenal possess one of the best squads (top three) in the league and Wenger should be ashamed he never won the league.

He has such a wide variety of options in terms of personnel and tactical set-ups. Even if they were to lose Sanchez, they'd be strong enough to win the league.

But I don't see it happening with Wenger at the helm. He did extremely well to keep Arsenal in the top 4 when they were penny pinching but winning the league (or CL) is a different beast. He's lost his niche in that regard.

I agree. They have an excellent squad and today were missing 4 CB's and their 2 best players in Sanchez and Cazrola. I think any of the managers in the top 5-6 would win the league with this Arsenal squad.

Actually really annoying that Arsenal have a deeper and more quality packed side than we do.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I agree. They have an excellent squad and today were missing 4 CB's and their 2 best players in Sanchez and Cazrola. I think any of the managers in the top 5-6 would win the league with this Arsenal squad.

Actually really annoying that Arsenal have a deeper and more quality packed side than we do.

The man has failed to keep his squad over the course of the season for ten years as well. I still don't understand how that's possible.

Yeah, I've always looked at their squad and thought about how Chels could do with many of their players.

I don't understand why they let the Polish GK go though. He's been on an upward trajectory since his loan to Roma and Cech has visibly been on the decline. Stupid decision. Smart move from him though as he will most likely take over Buffon's spot when he retires after the World Cup.

On 8/5/2017 at 3:48 PM, DDA said:

Piss taking ✊💦. Who in all honestly gives a fuck if people decided to support Chelsea after Roman took charge. United is the biggest club in the World and 90% of their fanbase is made up of glory hunters. Do you see anyone bringing up the influx of fans they gained during the 90s and early 2000's when they won everything... no.

It's how sports works, it's so odd.  Why are the New York Yankees so popular, or the Dallas Cowboys, or the Brazilian national team, etc?

Whenever Liverpool supporters (not from Liverpool) get shirty about "history", I just remind them that the only difference is that their fathers or grandfathers were "glory hunters" back in the 70s. 

heh Leicester did not look like winners even when they were winning... Arsenal, defensive mistakes aside (that's just being arsenal), were far more dominating than the scoreline would suggest.

Thought Leicester were really poor to be honest and panicky at moments just kicking the ball upfield.

4 hours ago, DYC. said:

That is why I was confused when I heard arsenal looking for a technical director. Arsene Wenger is a brilliant technical director. Arsene Wenger the manager on the other hand has been quite poor

34 minutes ago, communicate said:

That is why I was confused when I heard arsenal looking for a technical director. Arsene Wenger is a brilliant technical director. Arsene Wenger the manager on the other hand has been quite poor

Arsenal were never looking for a technical director, it was a like smokescreen to give Wenger time and space.

Even thought they win this game they still have the same problem. 

Can't be tittle contenders like this. 

As far as top 4, maybe. All depends on the other teams. 

But definitely not close to win the tittle like this.