The English Football Thread

Steve

I'm looking forward to next season. 

This one should be the real deal and no one should have any excuses. 

Liverpool, United, City, Tottenham and us in the CL. 

Coaches already have at least one season under their belt and should know what to do. 

As well what players to get for the club this summer. 

Now there will be no excuses for any manager, let the best one win and hoping it's us again. :cig:

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I don't get how some people say that united has better season than spurs,city or pool. Are we really going to judge team based on league cup (teams play kids in this tournament) and uefa cup ( zlatan salary is maybe more expensive than ajax first 11 combine )

On 23/05/2017 at 4:02 PM, Last Sicarius said:

DAbC5G3XgAIBef-.jpg

Well we did awesome this season. That lose vs. CP :/

If someone wants to check others top6 results https://twitter.com/SimonGleave

the only team we failed to beat was Liverpool, we could have done it at Anfield if Costa didnt miss that penalty, what won us the title was mainly our ability to beat the bottom teams.

3 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't get how some people say that united has better season than spurs,city or pool. Are we really going to judge team based on league cup (teams play kids in this tournament) and uefa cup ( zlatan salary is maybe more expensive than ajax first 11 combine )

What? 

Simple question. Would you prefer Chelsea to finish 2/3/4 OR win League Cup and EL? You win fuck all finishing 2/3/4. Spurs, Liverpool and City had played better this season but Man Utd had a better season at the end. Titles is all what matters. If winning EL didn't give you Champions League football then you could argue.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

the only team we failed to beat was Liverpool, we could have done it at Anfield if Costa didnt miss that penalty, what won us the title was mainly our ability to beat the bottom teams.

So refreshing after getting beaten by most teams last year!

59 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

What? 

Simple question. Would you prefer Chelsea to finish 2/3/4 OR win League Cup and EL? You win fuck all finishing 2/3/4. Spurs, Liverpool and City had played better this season but Man Utd had a better season at the end. Titles is all what matters. If winning EL didn't give you Champions League football then you could argue.

Winning the EL is essentially no different from being 4th in the PL.

3 hours ago, Tautvix said:

What? 

I take spurs/pool/city season over united. We are talking about united here. Not everton not west brom. League cup is a micky mouse cup. Teams play kids in this tournament, but Mou like to play his 1st team. UEFA cup is the same. Ultimately they are not your target for big club.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

I take spurs/pool/city season over united. We are talking about united here. Not everton not west brom. League cup is a micky mouse cup. Teams play kids in this tournament, but Mou like to play his 1st team. UEFA cup is the same. Ultimately they are not your target for big club.

Finishing 4th but going to CL qualification over finishing 6th, going straight to groups, 2 trophies (even if mickey mouse) :lol::lol::lol: Okay. :D

21 hours ago, Tautvix said:

1) It's a trophy. 
2) You celebrate trophies.
3) You don't celebrate 4th.
4) We are talking about League Cup + EL.

The only reason they took it seriously is because it guarantees CL football, so their celebration of the trophy is pretty much the same as Arsenal celebrating finishing 4th. The EL is a competition they should not even be participating in to begin with. Obviously, I do not agree with your statement that only titles matter, they can be quite misleading actually.

8 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

The only reason they took it seriously is because it guarantees CL football, so their celebration of the trophy is pretty much the same as Arsenal celebrating finishing 4th. The EL is a competition they should not even be participating in to begin with. Obviously, I do not agree with your statement that only titles matter, they can be quite misleading actually.

I can bet you are the first guy who comes here to say Tottenham won fuck all when their fans saying they play good football for the last few seasons. Yes titles matter.. 

2 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I can bet you are the first guy who comes here to say Tottenham won fuck all when their fans saying they play good football for the last few seasons. Yes titles matter.. 

I'm not, I don't post here that often, but I do lurk quite a lot. I'm not saying that titles are insignificant, but they are not the only thing that matters.