• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I really hope that if the gap will be down to just one point (which can happen), we will react the same way we did in our last defeats. I am pretty sure Conte will play firstly not to lose against Everton because we just can't afford it, psychologically wise. The other games we can win. Surely no Fabregas this time and maybe even Willian for Pedro to help the defence.

This is a huge game, probably the biggest we have left.  Win this and we are champions I think.

As soon as Silva turns 33 or 34 and Aguero's 32 or so, so in 3 years time I'd guess, I think City will drop in quality drastically (nevermind Kompany will be 34 by then.) More than they should.
I'm surprised they aren't doing more to bleed in their next team. Jesus for Aguero isn't enough; and we all know they simply will not upgrade on Silva (the only way this wouldn't be true IMO is if they bought De Bruyne AFTER Silva gets over the hill, then at least an argument could be made.)

They had their short term success. We've had consistent long term success. Money isn't everything, and i'm surprised that with less of it & a less impressive board, it is us yet again who're the best in England.

The youngsters they have right now don't look like they'll blossom into Champions League winning leaders either; I can hardly picture Sterling & Sane winning the CL unless there's literally no good wingers around in 5 years.

But it gets madder still. They have too many players to replace still. 
Sagna (34), Zabaleta (32), Kolarov (31), Clichy (31). They can't just go out and buy Mendy and expect everything to be rosy (let's just hope Madrid never want to get rid of Marcelo). I guess I could see City trying for Jordi Alba; but again, still; the likes of Zabaleta & Kolarov had leading mentalities. They were brought in during City's boom period and got the hairdryer treatment; they were told, i'm sure, to be the absolute best in England or otherwise fuck off - and the City players for the most part since then followed that. 

Jesus Navas & Nolito are 31; not players you want to be 'experienced'; they're so past it it's sad.
Gundogan will never be influential. 
Fernando's about to turn 30.
Toure's 33.
Fernandinho's 31.
Usually when you have such older players, it's because you brought them in young and kept them forever (Terry, Cole, Drogba, Cech, Lampard). City haven't done that. Half of these old players were bought when already past their best; lunacy.

Our only players 30+ are Cahill & Terry.

City have only 3 appreciating assets - De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane. (We have Hazard, Kante, Moses, Azpilicueta, Ake, Courtois. Players who're only getting better & going up in value.)
They can look forward to the following returning from loan - Joe Hart, Nasri (about to be 30), Bony (:lol:), and then Mangala & Patrick Roberts - they can go either way.
We can look forward to Abraham, Christensen, Musonda (regardless what's going on, he can't not be mentioned.), Boga & Kalas (doubt they'll make it here, but if both were returning to City, everyone would believe those are 2 of their next stars), even Pasalic (great season) & Omeruo. All appreciating assets with the potential to fill holes in our squad, even if that's just on the bench.

Shambles for City.

11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

not trying to sound negative, but Spurs ability to grind out results lately and that bit of luck is what´s keeping them in the title race, add to that the clean sheets, something we havent done for a while and it worries me a lot because we will be facing Everton next and they are no Southampton, Everton are a great aerial threat and also at set pieces, need i say more? God i would love a performance from us just like the 5-0 win earlier in the season. Cheers

All true, but Everton don't have a winning mentality. 
When I compare Everton & Southampton, I expect Everton to both score and concede more than the latter; where-as with the latter, almost like a game vs. Stoke, I'd only expect a draw or a narrow win usually.
Everton, I always expect 3+ goals in a game, and for where we are right now, I'd rather that than a cagey affair. 

Regarding the Manchester derby, it is difficult to choose a team to support in this one. One one hand you have one of the clubs out of Top 4 but on the other hand, Man United will have to go to Tottenham and today's positive result might give them the motivation to seal the UCL place...

9 hours ago, Leif said:

As soon as Silva turns 33 or 34 and Aguero's 32 or so, so in 3 years time I'd guess, I think City will drop in quality drastically (nevermind Kompany will be 34 by then.) More than they should.
I'm surprised they aren't doing more to bleed in their next team. Jesus for Aguero isn't enough; and we all know they simply will not upgrade on Silva (the only way this wouldn't be true IMO is if they bought De Bruyne AFTER Silva gets over the hill, then at least an argument could be made.)

They had their short term success. We've had consistent long term success. Money isn't everything, and i'm surprised that with less of it & a less impressive board, it is us yet again who're the best in England.

The youngsters they have right now don't look like they'll blossom into Champions League winning leaders either; I can hardly picture Sterling & Sane winning the CL unless there's literally no good wingers around in 5 years.

But it gets madder still. They have too many players to replace still. 
Sagna (34), Zabaleta (32), Kolarov (31), Clichy (31). They can't just go out and buy Mendy and expect everything to be rosy (let's just hope Madrid never want to get rid of Marcelo). I guess I could see City trying for Jordi Alba; but again, still; the likes of Zabaleta & Kolarov had leading mentalities. They were brought in during City's boom period and got the hairdryer treatment; they were told, i'm sure, to be the absolute best in England or otherwise fuck off - and the City players for the most part since then followed that. 

Jesus Navas & Nolito are 31; not players you want to be 'experienced'; they're so past it it's sad.
Gundogan will never be influential. 
Fernando's about to turn 30.
Toure's 33.
Fernandinho's 31.
Usually when you have such older players, it's because you brought them in young and kept them forever (Terry, Cole, Drogba, Cech, Lampard). City haven't done that. Half of these old players were bought when already past their best; lunacy.

Our only players 30+ are Cahill & Terry.

City have only 3 appreciating assets - De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane. (We have Hazard, Kante, Moses, Azpilicueta, Ake, Courtois. Players who're only getting better & going up in value.)
They can look forward to the following returning from loan - Joe Hart, Nasri (about to be 30), Bony (:lol:), and then Mangala & Patrick Roberts - they can go either way.
We can look forward to Abraham, Christensen, Musonda (regardless what's going on, he can't not be mentioned.), Boga & Kalas (doubt they'll make it here, but if both were returning to City, everyone would believe those are 2 of their next stars), even Pasalic (great season) & Omeruo. All appreciating assets with the potential to fill holes in our squad, even if that's just on the bench.

Shambles for City.

Lol

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Didn't know where else to post this.  Feel sorry for the guy, but honestly, FFS:  http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39729568

Those are not real fans man. No matter the team, no sane person does that just because you think they support a rival team.

Fuckers.