The English Football Thread

Steve

Amazing how the media (and their fans) aren't throwing tomatoes at the manager. So many players underperforming. Utd, Arsenal and City possess the best squads in the league but he's probably managed to convince them this is the best they're capable of. He's an expert in selling fallacies.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Looking at their remaining fixtures and the only points I can se Spuds dropping are against Arsenal and Man United. Since both of them have been shite this season and the fact that the United game may be meaningless for them by then, Spuds may win out their remaining games.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looking at their remaining fixtures and the only points I can se Spuds dropping are against Arsenal and Man United. Since both of them have been shite this season and the fact that the United game may be meaningless for them by then, Spuds may win out their remaining games.

Yeah that what they said the other night when comparing fixtures but their thing was it's hard to see where either of us would drop. Thing is however not many predicted we'd lose to Palace so less straightforward then that. Hopefully they'll have a shock result but after how things turned around Wednesday doesn't look as likely. We need to not go stupid! 

Weird to see them so high up again though. Last season didn't have much effect really. Lost the league and bounced back

Boooo!!

They are in excellent form..I expect them to win remaining games...We need to win 6 games out of remaining 8 ...They are pushing us all the way...we need to be more focused and must win today's game to relieve pressure

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeah that what they said the other night when comparing fixtures but their thing was it's hard to see where either of us would drop. Thing is however not many predicted we'd lose to Palace so less straightforward then that. Hopefully they'll have a shock result but after how things turned around Wednesday doesn't look as likely. We need to not go stupid! 

Weird to see them so high up again though. Last season didn't have much effect really. Lost the league and bounced back

Boooo!!

We still have 4 of what I would consider very tough games: Man United, Everton, Southampton, and West Brom.

Sprinkle in a couple of clubs desperately battling relegation and we have a very tough run in. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We still have 4 of what I would consider very tough games: Man United, Everton, Southampton, and West Brom.

Sprinkle in a couple of clubs desperately battling relegation and we have a very tough run in. 

Boro and Sunderland will be gone by the time we play them. Also Palace, Leicester and Hull will be anything but easy away for Spurs.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Boro and Sunderland will be gone by the time we play them. Also Palace, Leicester and Hull will be anything but easy away for Spurs.

True, true. Those games won't be easy for them, but with the form they're in, what's at stake (the title) and with arguably their best player in Kane still to return, I can't see them losing to any of those 3.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah like they say ever game a cup final. Still annoying we did what we did sat but long as don't again... 

4-0..urgh!

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

True, true. Those games won't be easy for them, but with the form they're in, what's at stake (the title) and with arguably their best player in Kane still to return, I can't see them losing to any of those 3.

Can see them dropping points at KP, after last season they hate them almost as much as we do. Marco Silva hasn't lost a home game in 4 years also.

11 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

They are in excellent form..I expect them to win remaining games...We need to win 6 games out of remaining 8 ...They are pushing us all the way...we need to be more focused and must win today's game to relieve pressure

Yes they look absolutely invincible. However I don't believethey won't slip up. They are incredibly lucky atm. Sure, luck comes with confidence but they don't really break oppositions up, they are simply shooting from every distance and angle and they goin. Great to watch for their fans but they will need more than that against ManU and Arsenal. 

But yeah.We must win every game before our trips to Everton and Utd and get at least 2points from there. We are under massive pressure and there are signs weare notimmune to that after all. , the last 2 game s were nervous as fuck and full of errors

thank fuck we still got a slender lead and don't play them anymore.