The English Football Thread

Steve

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Still 0-0 . Good if it stays like that, first home game under Joseph that they wont have scored

Match going fans should not choke and panic like Mancs did this week. Last 30 minutes we dominate this year. We should not forget that, be loud and keep the pressure on the opponents when it matters the most.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

10 points clear. 10 points. 10. Has a nice sound!

We can lose 3 games, the rivals have to win EVERY game and we would still be top. And we know the rivals will not win EVERY remaining game. Looks good!

+The superior goal diff. 

The really should be it. Funny the dullest game of the night turned out the most decisive. I think as few as 21 points from 11 games would suffice at this point so we could make the finish of a mistake team and still end up winning the league. But I expect us to get close to our points record. 

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

No way Chelsea can win the league...Seven Reasons by The Sun in September

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1801349/seven-reasons-chelsea-wont-win-premier-league-far-from-manchesters-standards-david-luiz-is-a-flop-and-no-hungry-young-stars

5. Far from Manchester's standards

PEP Guardiola is yet to loose a game as Manchester City manager, and even when Sergio Aguero is suspended, they are still awesome.

Aguero is serving a three-match ban but City still score and win comfortably, and how they outplayed Jose Mourinho's United in the first-half of the Manchester derby is just a confirmation.

And in the case of the Red Devils, Mourinho has brought in quality amongst anything else with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba - there is no doubt they will take many points for the rest of the season.

This is exactly what Chelsea lack because the Premier League has reached another level this season.

Big guns of Manchester are ever so big, imposing insane standards in this modern era.

Perhaps they would like some cream with their Humble Pie.......

Have to admit bruv that I thought a tad that way too pre season. With both Mancs getting a new regime with open checkbooks I thought they might just run away with things. I didn't really know fuck all about Conte apart from reading stuff since the links with him. It came across in alot of the articles that the Don was really strict and he might not be what we needed after Mou MkII. But its turned out nice again eh!

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Nice choke from the City boys in a half empty stadium.

Amazed that they only filled half the ground. They on paper still had a chance of taking it. I'd feel sick if it was t'other way round.

Got a mate real active over on Blue Moon Rising and hes pulling out his 3 remaining hairs. Comparing their lads to ours last season and already wants Pep gone!!

I was checking out Vital Chelsea and found this interesting. The injury lists from all PL clubs. Notice at bottom with 0 injuries the mighty blues!

Also 3 of bottom 4 at top of table

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php?template=2&utm_expid=16446432-1.VarPxK1IQhyf9TDk0hBygg.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.physioroom.com%2F%3Ftemplate%3D2

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Have to admit bruv that I thought a tad that way too pre season. With both Mancs getting a new regime with open checkbooks I thought they might just run away with things. I didn't really know fuck all about Conte apart from reading stuff since the links with him. It came across in alot of the articles that the Don was really strict and he might not be what we needed after Mou MkII. But its turned out nice again eh

I think the difference this season is the unity, mentality, diet and general fitness. JT alluded to Antonios rigorous training sessions, and it's evident around 75-80 minute mark several games this season where the opposition are visibly flagging and we're still at peak output

18 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I think the difference this season is the unity, mentality, diet and general fitness. JT alluded to Antonios rigorous training sessions, and it's evident around 75-80 minute mark several games this season where the opposition are visibly flagging and we're still at peak output

Agree! I think Edens bulked up too. It showed specially at start of season. Looked like hed hit the weights fed up of being kicked around.

Theres lads like N'golo who are naturally fit like ever ready bunnys but wehatever training etc theyre doing its working for us. Theyre looking happy together and piss taking which I always think shows good signs. Like Cescy cutting Diego out of the 'Spanish team' photo and Alonso calling him a traitor!

I was maybe in the minority but I watched the City-Stoke game instead of the CL fixtures. I don't care about the CL anymore, unless Chelsea is playing because the fixtures are so repetitive the last couple of years like PSG-Barca, Bayern-Arsenal etc. And that was an important game for the title race in my view.

I have to say City were not good at all. They had a couple of chances but none of which threatened Grant at all. And applauds to Stoke for the performance. Didn't expect to be so solid defensively after conceding 4 goals last weekend, with 3 in the first half.

I don't get why Pep made so many rotations. I know they played 3 days before that but this weekend they will play in the FA Cup against Boro where they could save some players for the CL fixture with Monaco.

But in the end, it's their problem and good result for us. Let's win our next two games and by the time they play us at The Bridge they may be already out of the title race.

6 hours ago, Ledgi said:

I was maybe in the minority but I watched the City-Stoke game instead of the CL fixtures. I don't care about the CL anymore, unless Chelsea is playing because the fixtures are so repetitive the last couple of years like PSG-Barca, Bayern-Arsenal etc. And that was an important game for the title race in my view.

I have to say City were not good at all. They had a couple of chances but none of which threatened Grant at all. And applauds to Stoke for the performance. Didn't expect to be so solid defensively after conceding 4 goals last weekend, with 3 in the first half.

I don't get why Pep made so many rotations. I know they played 3 days before that but this weekend they will play in the FA Cup against Boro where they could save some players for the CL fixture with Monaco.

But in the end, it's their problem and good result for us. Let's win our next two games and by the time they play us at The Bridge they may be already out of the title race.

same here, decided to catch glimpses of the city game rather than barca-psg (was going to watch that later but ended up getting spoiled :rant:)

This is the first time this season I feel somewhat confident we have the title in the bag (barring a collapse of unprecedented proportions). It seems pep is more concerned by the CL at this point than the league, none of us will be complaining. However, Spurs are kind of on the up and their GS and GA are similar to ours so I wouldn't celebrate just yet but it's looking good :cig: