The English Football Thread

Steve

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So much for Everton making a late surge towards top 4. They're shocking here. No service to Lukaku, midfield slow and awful, and defenders all over the place.

Alos, I just cannot stand Harry Kane. Don't know what it is about him. Maybe it's the brain dead expression he always has on his face, maybe it's the 3 sizes too small shirt he wears, I don't know...he's just annoying. Absolutely deadly finisher, though. 

Hahaha exactly what I think when I see him. The mouth is always open and he looks on with dead eyes.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

25 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

ManUtd would be insane if they'd spent 100 million for that overhyped Griezmann and not for Harry Kane.

Even though Drawchester United aren't much better than Spurs on sporting level. 

Unless they offered £150m there's no way Levy would sell him to United. Not with the new stadium on the way. He's their only real source for goals and without him they be nowhere near top 4.

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

If I win, I remain 6th, If I draw, I remain 6th & if I lose, I drop to 6th from 6th. Who am I?

666 the number of the beast and a team whose nickname is the Red Devils !!

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

2-0 down with 30 minutes left and your fans start heading for the exits? Hope Sunderland are relegated.

Never understood that..even if losing support your team!

Went Chelsea once and a lot left before the end where we were losing and yet ending up winning..

8 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

there are certain teams no matter the form in which you are, They are always uncomfortable to play against (west ham). Especially other London teams apart from Arsenal. 

Each time we lose to West Ham though, unlike other 'bogey' teams like Tottenham or Everton where we've simply underperformed, there's always a glaring tactical error from the first minute with our set up. Mainly, we don't give their strikers any respect, and let them do whatever they want. Too often do we have our full back marking their tallest striker at a set piece for example.

Good analysis on MNF of Pogba.....If you actually completely disregard the price and focus totally on his performances they have been so poor, and then when you watch him, especially as what was highlighted last night it's completely crazy just how poor the levels he has been playing at barring the odd flashy ball over the top. So factoring the price in now......Fucking insane money, for IMO, a very middle of the road player.

42 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Good analysis on MNF of Pogba.....If you actually completely disregard the price and focus totally on his performances they have been so poor, and then when you watch him, especially as what was highlighted last night it's completely crazy just how poor the levels he has been playing at barring the odd flashy ball over the top. So factoring the price in now......Fucking insane money, for IMO, a very middle of the road player.

I watched a lot of Juventus the past few years and the problem with Pogba is, is that he just doesn't seem to understand what his role is in the United midfield.
At Juventus, he knew exactly what to do. Conte and Allegri understood him. He looks lost in the United midfield and that's because I truly think Mourinho simply doesn't know what to do with him or what instructions he should give him. He isn't a Mourinho type of player. Mourinho plays with a CAM for the balls to the striker and with a DM for the extra defense in the midfield. Mourinho has no CM's. No hybrids between a CAM and DM.
Also, Juventus overall midfield with the likes of Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Khedira was miles and miles better than this current United midfield.

Another thing is Pogba himself. He looks nervous and uncertain and at times like he can't cope with the tempo of Premier League matches. Also very, VERY nonchalant like Frank says.
Is he overrated? No. Is he overpriced and overhyped: a big, fat yes. 

The whole emoji thing was ridiculous to do and did even put more pressure on him.