test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

Still think Liverpool will chase. Not getting amazing results goal wise or playing pretty but it works. Still top just behind on goal diff.. Be nice if that could change

Johnnyeye likes this

C'mon Leicester 1-0.  Referee has been trying his best to gift the match to Arsenal, but they've been too shit to take advantage.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

C'mon Leicester 1-0.  Referee has been trying his best to gift the match to Arsenal, but they've been too shit to take advantage.

Lets hope it stays that way 

Sideshow Luiz likes this

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Leicester totally got fucked on that Holding handball. Should have been a pen and his 2nd yellow red card.

Mustafi should have been booked too.  He just straight up push Maddison down on the counter.  And the ref saw it.  BS

4th place is going to be a massive slog if Arse and spuds keep playing like they are

Aubameyang is on fire:( 12 goals in last 13 league home games

Johnnyeye likes this

Man, the race for 3rd and 4th is gonna be crazy. Must say, it's would be unbelievably annoying if Arse finish above us while we're both in our rebuilding year. But they have two world class goal scorers who can mask their faults. I'd kill for either Auba or Lacazette up top here.

All of our rivals have that killer striker but us. Lukaku is useless in big games (as he was against us the other day) but he'll still mop up against fodder and get to 20 PL goals. Morata and Giroud can't even manage to do that.

If we miss out in the end it'll be because of that I'd think.

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

This why even though Europa is a annoyance ish.. Its a chance for Champions league. Then again if its having a effect on results what way do you play it. 

Then again it ain't affecting arsenal so far.. Granted only 2 games in. 

One team will drop away. Unless we can get this lack of goals situation sorted think be us 

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Worth noting that Spurs face City next and Arsenal play Liverpool next weekend. 

Yup.  Out of the other 5 teams vying for the top 4, we've played 3 of them.

Liverpool have only played 2, Arsenal 2, Spuds 1, Man Utd 2

Spurs have played Utd and Liverpool

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Spurs have played Utd and Liverpool

I remembered the Utd match, but I didn't remember them playing Liverpool.  my bad.

Tony Cascarino was on Talk Sport the other day talking absolute bollocks as usual. I'm not a fan of the station so was expecting the usual horeshit and I wasn't dissapointed. He actually said that Pep and Man City don't get enough credit that's a ludicrous statement. The English media fawn over that self satisfied greasy twat and are completely in awe of him.

Man City are given an easy ride by the press in comparison to Chelsea where going back to the Bates era we pissed so many people off. But while I don't hate Man City I do find them dull as a club doesn't matter how successful they become they will always be in Man United's shadow they just aren't box office.

Their fans are like church mice as well all the big clubs struggle with atmosphere but the Etihad is a soulless bowl which it would appear rarely sells out.

Johnnyeye and DDA like this