The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Well that's a first a scouser who I agree with you might not understand his accent but he talks a lot of sense. Go onto the Chelsea memories page I put a link to a brilliant Chelsea website that's got old pictures of the Shed and the Bridge. Stamford Bridge was a complete shithole but give me that anyday to what it's become a soulless middle class tourist attraction. Going to football was like going to a gig now it's like going to the theatre.

I agree. Stamford Bridge sucks atmosphere-wise. Whenever a visiting team has a lead you can always only hear the goddamn away fans. Hell, even when we are winning, the atmosphere doesn't feel invigorating. I wish we could have German supporter conditions where at least one stand is reserved for the 'ultras' with drums, infinite collective singing, flag-waiving and chants. The Hillsborough excuse is obsolete. 

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Well that's a first a scouser who I agree with you might not understand his accent but he talks a lot of sense. Go onto the Chelsea memories page I put a link to a brilliant Chelsea website that's got old pictures of the Shed and the Bridge. Stamford Bridge was a complete shithole but give me that anyday to what it's become a soulless middle class tourist attraction. Going to football was like going to a gig now it's like going to the theatre.

I'm pretty conflicted. If it weren't for the increase in popularity around the world, I wouldn't know anything of Chelsea aside from I went to school with a girl named Chelsea. It's also meant that we get to watch better players every weekend. But at the same time, one of the things that drew me to football is the atmosphere and feeling closer to the club than you do with American sports. 

I agree. Stamford Bridge sucks atmosphere-wise. Whenever a visiting team has a lead you can always only hear the goddamn away fans. Hell, even when we are winning, the atmosphere doesn't feel invigorating. I wish we could have German supporter conditions where at least one stand is reserved for the 'ultras' with drums, infinite collective singing, flag-waiving and chants. The Hillsborough excuse is obsolete. 

I think our home support is one of the worst in the League. It's just my opinion. A lot of you don't have to agree with me but over the years, our atmosphere has decreased. It's laughable actually. But that's because the Bridge is either filled with tourist fans or with spoiled Kensington twats. We call the emirates the library but at moments, Stamford Bridge is a damn graveyard.

There are no "ultras" in England. Only in Germany and in Italy whereas the support in the latter country is the best. Italy ultras are crazy look at the Roma and Napoli ultras. They're sick.

As for ManUtd to the EFL cup final: fuck them and fuck Mourinho. COME ON SAINTS FC!!!!

3 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I think our home support is one of the worst in the League. It's just my opinion. A lot of you don't have to agree with me but over the years, our atmosphere has decreased. It's laughable actually. But that's because the Bridge is either filled with tourist fans or with spoiled Kensington twats. We call the emirates the library but at moments, Stamford Bridge is a damn graveyard.

There are no "ultras" in England. Only in Germany and in Italy whereas the support in the latter country is the best. Italy ultras are crazy look at the Roma and Napoli ultras. They're sick.

As for ManUtd to the EFL cup final: fuck them and fuck Mourinho. COME ON SAINTS FC!!!!

I would say the German fans are better than Italian fans. The Italian stadiums haven't really been updated in years and (if I remember a comment correctly) the fans have been priced out of going (while having a pretty crappy experience paying that price). Germany, on the other hand, keeps their prices waaaay down, actually have a rule where supporters must have the majority stake in ownership, and try to promote a family-friendly AND loud atmosphere.

The rest of the European leagues should take their cues from the Bundesliga when it comes to keeping supporters as a core part of the club's culture.

2 hours ago, Irakozium257 said:

That's a vision of hell drums and flag waving ?. Just singing like it used to be it should be organic and not organised like a school choir as it is at Selhurst Park. If you want atmosphere at Chelsea you should go to away games were there's a mixture of old boys like me and young lairy twenty somethings. For most of us the football is almost secondary it's all about going for a day out with your pals to have a few beers and to sing for 90 minutes although my voice is getting croakier by the day.

That's a vision of hell drums and flag waving ?. Just singing like it used to be it should be organic and not organised like a school choir as it is at Selhurst Park. If you want atmosphere at Chelsea you should go to away games were there's a mixture of old boys like me and young lairy twenty somethings. For most of us the football is almost secondary it's all about going for a day out with your pals to have a few beers and to sing for 90 minutes although my voice is getting croakier by the day.

Have to agree with you buddy. The Crystal Palace fans try to act like the German and Italian fans but fail miserably with their CEE PEE ES FEE chants.
Away support is much better than home support. Away support at the Leicester game for example was great. And I hope it'll be the same at Anfield.

4 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Then Arsenal actually have a chance at Stamford Bridge....

And can't understand that fucking scouser. 

Itst the 2nd worse accent there is, Tops by a mile is Brummty!

I expected vinegar tits to get more actually but I'm not suprized its not!

EPL statistics so far. Best combinations

Son + Eriksen + Ali + Kane = 36 Goals

Walcott + Ozil + Sanchez + Giroud = 35 Goals

Hazard + Willian + Costa + Pedro = 34 Goals

Millner + Mane + Lallana + Firmino = 30 Goals

Nolito + Aguero + Ihenacho + Sterling= 24 Goals

De Gea + S. Romero + Joel Castro + E. Bailly + P. Jones + M. Rojo + C. Smalling + L. Shaw + M. Darmian + A. Tuanzebe + P. Pogba + Mata + J. Lingard + M. Carrick + D. Blind + A. Young + Ander Herrera + H. Mkhitaryan + T. Fosu-Mensah + A. Valencia + M. Fellaini +B. Schweinsteiger + Z. Ibrahimović + W. Rooney + A. Martial + M. Rashford + J. Wilson = 33 Goals

Klopp really is a genius. Putting out a team just shit enough to lose vs. Wolves without it looking like the tie's been thrown on purpose. All to try and get back into Premier League mode and catch up with us.

They're darlings, their entire fanbase & staff.

23 minutes ago, Leif said:

Klopp really is a genius. Putting out a team just shit enough to lose vs. Wolves without it looking like the tie's been thrown on purpose. All to try and get back into Premier League mode and catch up with us.

They're darlings, their entire fanbase & staff.

Super Wolves!!! 0-1