The English Football Thread

Steve

Lol how people wanted spurs to win, just so that they can throw some shit again at Mou. Unless United was right behind us, I dont see point why they shouldnt win.

Ffs Mou is ex-blue and its nice spurs get their spanking from time to time. Im happy with win, would be even better if United won by more.

Its time some of you get over with Mou. Why the fuck would someone want one to have bad life, are people that bored and classless?

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

30 minutes ago, Leif said:

All this talk of the Premier League being more competitive these days, but the top 4 looks the same as it has for over a decade.

All five teams are fighting for the title. Only in laliga with Sevilla (under Sampaoli) have a genuine 5 team fight for the title 

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its time some of you get over with Mou. Why the fuck would someone want one to have bad life, are people that bored and classless?

If he was managing in another country right now, we would probably want him to win but because he's managing one of our main rivals now, we obviously don't want him to win and hope he fails at United. Other than that, nobody is wishing anything bad on him.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he was managing in another country right now, we would probably want him to win but because he's managing one of our main rivals now, we obviously don't want him to win and hope he fails at United. Other than that, nobody is wishing anything bad on him.

Yes but they are 13 points behind us. Its unlikely they will compete for the title this year(hopefuly I dont jinx it). And no, judging by the comments people dont want United to lose as much they want Mou to lose. 

Also, the competition is what makes you stronger. Never forget that. For past few years Spurs, Pool, City, Leicester were our rivals. I miss the days when we had actual great opponents in United. The times when england football was ruling in CL. Nowdays you have these Spurs and Arsenal and Pool teams who get nowhere in europe and if our opponents dont make few steps forward, we dont need either.

I just find it funny (or sad) that even after a year, people are still trolling/fuming/pissing at Mou for his last half year here. And yet its the same person who brought us to football world and created team we played with for almost 10 years. I find it disrespectful and no matter if one says to me that its because he is at United now or because he got bad results last year; it makes fans look worse than spurs or pool twats. Mourinho is now our past, its normal we dont praise him or whatever, but dont forget what the man did for our club. He is equaly important as Terry, Roman, Drogba, Lamps or maybe even more. 

During his time here we all knew he talks alot of rubbish and bullshit, yet each week when he talks at united press conferences, people buy into that shit and take it seriously and start complaining and hating again and again. 

The worst is when he leaves United and perhaps coaching, when he ages and visits our club, same people who are shitting all over him right now will praise him as great guy. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes but they are 13 points behind us. Its unlikely they will compete for the title this year(hopefuly I dont jinx it). And no, judging by the comments people dont want United to lose as much they want Mou to lose. 

Also, the competition is what makes you stronger. Never forget that. For past few years Spurs, Pool, City, Leicester were our rivals. I miss the days when we had actual great opponents in United. The times when england football was ruling in CL. Nowdays you have these Spurs and Arsenal and Pool teams who get nowhere in europe and if our opponents dont make few steps forward, we dont need either.

I just find it funny (or sad) that even after a year, people are still trolling/fuming/pissing at Mou for his last half year here. And yet its the same person who brought us to football world and created team we played with for almost 10 years. I find it disrespectful and no matter if one says to me that its because he is at United now or because he got bad results last year; it makes fans look worse than spurs or pool twats. Mourinho is now our past, its normal we dont praise him or whatever, but dont forget what the man did for our club. He is equaly important as Terry, Roman, Drogba, Lamps or maybe even more. 

During his time here we all knew he talks alot of rubbish and bullshit, yet each week when he talks at united press conferences, people buy into that shit and take it seriously and start complaining and hating again and again. 

The worst is when he leaves United and perhaps coaching, when he ages and visits our club, same people who are shitting all over him right now will praise him as great guy. 

So what if Mourinho and United are 13 points behind us? It's still United and Mourinho is managing the enemy. You're getting it wrong if you think anyone is taking away or ignoring what he achieved with us over the last decade. Everyone will acknowledge at the very least that he's the most successful in our club's history. But on the other hand, because of what he's achieved with us, him going to one of our major rivals is bound to have fans turn against him in some ways. And when you consider some of the negative things he's done and said as well, he's bound to get even more heat from the fans.

Klopp vs The Nevilles is just :lol:

I know managers are supposed to defend their players in the public but I don't get why Klopp is even wasting his time with the criticism when he has more concerning issues, and his jibe towards Gary Neville over his failure at Valencia was just low and desperate.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Klopp vs The Nevilles is just :lol:

I know managers are supposed to defend their players in the public but I don't get why Klopp is even wasting his time with the criticism when he has more concerning issues, and his jibe towards Gary Neville over his failure at Valencia was just low and desperate.

And 100% correct in all fairness. Neville was a top player (ok fair enough he wasn't in the same bracket as Paul Scholes or Thierry Henry who do TV work) and now is somebody who analyses players and tactics every week but he failed horrifically as a manager... even guys like Carragher, Jamie Redknapp etc, all ex players (good players in their day but again not world class like Henry, Scholes were) with no management/coaching experience. It's an odd world but it's as much as Nevilles fault as it is the players or Klopps for how they are still arguing/having jibes at each other. Phil Neville involved too, laughed at Chris Suttons comments about on radio about how the Nevilles are like the Mitchell brothers...

27 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And 100% correct in all fairness. Neville was a top player (ok fair enough he wasn't in the same bracket as Paul Scholes or Thierry Henry who do TV work) and now is somebody who analyses players and tactics every week but he failed horrifically as a manager... even guys like Carragher, Jamie Redknapp etc, all ex players (good players in their day but again not world class like Henry, Scholes were) with no management/coaching experience. It's an odd world but it's as much as Nevilles fault as it is the players or Klopps for how they are still arguing/having jibes at each other. Phil Neville involved too, laughed at Chris Suttons comments about on radio about how the Nevilles are like the Mitchell brothers...

Yes, Klopp was right about that but was he right to question Neville's credibility as a pundit just because he failed as a manager? No. That's just poor from Klopp.

On a different note, yes, Neville wasn't successful at Valencia but was he that bad as he's been made out to be? The club are one big mess right now, from top to bottom. Even the more experienced Prandelli is struggling at Valencia.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes, Klopp was right about that but was he right to question Neville's credibility as a pundit just because he failed as a manager? No. That's just poor from Klopp.

On a different note, yes, Neville wasn't successful at Valencia but was he that bad as he's been made out to be? The club are one big mess right now, from top to bottom. Even the more experienced Prandelli is struggling at Valencia.

It's double standards though, when Rooney, Luke Shaw, Paul Pogba, Chris Smalling and Ibrahimovic have been poor/making mistakes he's never said a word. Two errors from Liverpool keeper (okay cost them points, which we all want, but still).... unfortunately as a pundit you've got to try and hide your ties to clubs which I know certain ex players and managers don't do but he was critical of LvG last year but isn't of Mourinho as much this year.. in all fairness I think we should all be able to question his stint as a manager, he talks a good game on sky sports but he went to do the real thing and was out of his depth, it's okay being an assistant coach for England but even then based on his managerial stint with Valencia it just shows that some ex players walk into roles based on reputation rather than actual experience and ability to being able to deal with everything related to it. It's got to the point where if he just let the kid have his quote and ignored it it wouldn't matter now but it's obviously hurt his feelings and his brothers who also worked there at the time so he's spat the dummy out now Klopps involved and it will rumble on again likely.

Sure Valencia are a mess but 4/5 months before he was there they had finished 3rd or 4th in La Liga, normally when a coach changes automatically things get better but they didn't, they struggled to even win under him in like the first 11 game, suffered the biggest loss they'd had in the last 10 years or so and yes they still haven't improved under two other managers which is fair enough but doesn't mean that it's gone as poorly as it did under Neville or that he did anything that can be mirrored as even a minor success. Klopps won trophies for BvB, in a time where Bayern have usually dominated the Bundesliga with a massive financial muscle so if anyone was entitled to question Gary Neville and his credibility as a manager it's him surely? Same as if Conte was to or Mourinho or Pep or even guys like Koeman, Pochettino, etc.

Like I said Gary Neville talks a good game on sky sports as a pundit, he does but his stint as a manager downed his reputation as opposed to have improved it. The fact he's back in sky sports studio than in another coaching role says it all really.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

It's double standards though, when Rooney, Luke Shaw, Paul Pogba, Chris Smalling and Ibrahimovic have been poor/making mistakes he's never said a word. Two errors from Liverpool keeper (okay cost them points, which we all want, but still).... unfortunately as a pundit you've got to try and hide your ties to clubs which I know certain ex players and managers don't do but he was critical of LvG last year but isn't of Mourinho as much this year.. in all fairness I think we should all be able to question his stint as a manager, he talks a good game on sky sports but he went to do the real thing and was out of his depth, it's okay being an assistant coach for England but even then based on his managerial stint with Valencia it just shows that some ex players walk into roles based on reputation rather than actual experience and ability to being able to deal with everything related to it. It's got to the point where if he just let the kid have his quote and ignored it it wouldn't matter now but it's obviously hurt his feelings and his brothers who also worked there at the time so he's spat the dummy out now Klopps involved and it will rumble on again likely.

I don't necessarily disagree with the double standards point but this has nothing to do with that, no? We all have seen Karius' been making mistakes and what he's not done right. Neville gave his assessment - which wasn't even over the top - and that was it. Karius wasn't the first player Neville has criticized as a pundit and he won't be the last. Yet for some reason, Karius and Klopp seem to have taken this totally the wrong way (and it's ironic too, given he said he doesn't listen to criticism but went on the attack on the two Nevilles yesterday). Heck, Carragher has criticized Karius too but I don't see he or Klopp overreacting to it. Why? Is it because he's one of them?

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sure Valencia are a mess but 4/5 months before he was there they had finished 3rd or 4th in La Liga, normally when a coach changes automatically things get better but they didn't, they struggled to even win under him in like the first 11 game, suffered the biggest loss they'd had in the last 10 years or so and yes they still haven't improved under two other managers which is fair enough but doesn't mean that it's gone as poorly as it did under Neville or that he did anything that can be mirrored as even a minor success. Klopps won trophies for BvB, in a time where Bayern have usually dominated the Bundesliga with a massive financial muscle so if anyone was entitled to question Gary Neville and his credibility as a manager it's him surely? Same as if Conte was to or Mourinho or Pep or even guys like Koeman, Pochettino, etc.

Like I said Gary Neville talks a good game on sky sports as a pundit, he does but his stint as a manager downed his reputation as opposed to have improved it. The fact he's back in sky sports studio than in another coaching role says it all really.

No one has said Neville was a resounding success at Valencia but you can't ignore the fact that there were other factors didn't help him at the club, apart from his own inexperience and that it was his first job into management. And just because he failed as a manager, that doesn't mean he's suddenly clueless as a pundit. Takes more than just judging players to be successful at a club. Let's also not forget not too long ago, many regarded him as the best pundit around and to use his time at Valencia to say he's suddenly not cut out to be a pundit is just nonsense.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Everton aren't playing great but they are more than capable of beating Arsenal tonight.

Let's hope Everton does something, because I'm beginning to worry about arsenal. They've gone behind 6 times and still won the match this season, they've had their customary injuries to key players like carzola, Ramsey, bellerin, even recently mustafi and they are still winning. They have performed average in a lot of matches and still managed to carve out victories (last minute penalties, last minute handball goals, Sanchez escaping red cards, last minute equalisers) 

It's getting annoying and them suddenly finding out Sanchez is a very good striker now means that arsenal for the first time in years have no weakness in defence, defensive midfield and striker departments. Giroud is even a bench player..... Hopefully they buckle against the tough teams.

Yeah agree!! all of a sudden it's like things have clicked and their players are performing and Cech is make a difference! I'll be surprised if they do the usual Feb melt down at this rate..

Saying that surley they are due a loss!! 

1-0..sanchez...grrr