The English Football Thread

Steve

Btw, POTY Mahrez has been a shadow of his former self. And not a peep from the media (and subsequently football fans). Typical. Hazard was constantly ridiculed and his quality was doubted.

I'm not surprised myself. I wrote a post in the summer about how I felt Mahrez enjoyed a freak year (Payet is better). It's strange but it happens. He's a good player, a very good player on his day but not world-class for me. Better than Hazard... hahaha, please.

I'd still take him because he's a left-footed right winger who's a good dribbler and likes to shoot. Not many of those.around.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Coutinho is a problem. He's at a great age and is fulfilling his outrageous potential. He has that magic touch and when he has the ball at his feet, he's got that triple threat. He can dribble, pass and shoot at a high level. He can unlock defences but he's also a threat on the counter with his pace. And now the boy works hard consistently as well. Not shying away from his defensive duties and he's always alive when his team has the ball. And his style is of course easy on the eyes.

Firmino is quality as well. Underrated player. The way he's adapted to that #9/#10 role is incredibly impressive. An extremely difficult position to play. Turned out to be a great buy. Positive news for Brazil as well.

Mane has surprised me. Not as talented as his partners in attack but there's no denying he's been quality. I do wonder if he can keep this up though but we'll see. And the effect Klopp has had on Lallana has shocked me the most.

So many players playing at a high level in 16/17 in the PL.

No surprise, the coaching levels have gone improved significantly.

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Btw, POTY Mahrez has been a shadow of his former self. And not a peep from the media (and subsequently football fans). Typical. Hazard was constantly ridiculed and his quality was doubted.

I'm not surprised myself. I wrote a post in the summer about how I felt Mahrez enjoyed a freak year (Payet is better). It's strange but it happens. He's a good player, a very good player on his day but not world-class for me. Better than Hazard... hahaha, please.

I'd still take him because he's a left-footed right winger who's a good dribbler and likes to shoot. Not many of those.around.

Kante made Mahrez imo.

8 hours ago, DYC. said:

Coutinho is a problem. He's at a great age and is fulfilling his outrageous potential. He has that magic touch and when he has the ball at his feet, he's got that triple threat. He can dribble, pass and shoot at a high level. He can unlock defences but he's also a threat on the counter with his pace. And now the boy works hard consistently as well. Not shying away from his defensive duties and he's always alive when his team has the ball. And his style is of course easy on the eyes.

Firmino is quality as well. Underrated player. The way he's adapted to that #9/#10 role is incredibly impressive. An extremely difficult position to play. Turned out to be a great buy. Positive news for Brazil as well.

Mane has surprised me. Not as talented as his partners in attack but there's no denying he's been quality. I do wonder if he can keep this up though but we'll see. And the effect Klopp has had on Lallana has shocked me the most.

So many players playing at a high level in 16/17 in the PL.

Coutinho finally showed that he can do it consistently. He used to be an overrated player.  Scored some ridiculous goal but that's it.  Now he is in absolutely sparkling form. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Coutinho finally showed that he can do it consistently. He used to be an overrated player.  Scored some ridiculous goal but that's it.  Now he is in absolutely sparkling form. 

He woiuld look good in Blue!

sNyii4T.jpg

We're 2nd after mancity fell against Middlesbrough. On the 90 points mark which is title winning form. 

APLT explanation below 

Last seasons table is almost the same as the real table 

iuPvMRx.jpg

The Alternative Premier League table starts everyone from the 90points Line.

To maintain the 90 points level:

1. You have to win all 19 home games

2. Win all the away games against the bottom 7 from last season 

3. Draw all away games from the top 12 from last season. 

The relegated teams last season are replaced with the newly promoted teams. 

If you win when a draw is expected, you go up by 2 points.

If you lose when a draw or win is expected, you go down by 3 points.

If you win or draw when expected, you maintain the same level as the last gameweek. 

The 71 points line is the average expected points for champions League qualification (4th place)

No football for two weeks...so whats your team of season so far?

I would go with

-----------------Lloris------------------

Azpi-Kos-Alderweireld-Rose

--------Kante-Henderson--------

---Coutinho------------Hazard---

------------Costa-Aguero-----------

I could pick Kdb, Van Dijk too, but I find no space.

City got great player in Gabriel Jesus. I can see him become one of leagues best quick.

Brazil on other hand could dominate football soon again. They got some realy good players in Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus and Gabigol. Not to mention Marquinhos, Wendell, Fabinho, Casemiro etc. And Tite seems to be perfect coach for them.