test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

Mark Clattenburg on that Spurs 2-2 draw gifting Leicester the League title -

"I allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: 'Tottenham lost the title.'

"If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.' It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title."

"I helped the game. I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing.

"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.

"But I didn't give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: Let them lose the title."

On 04/12/2017 at 0:04 PM, milan.cech said:

Mark Clattenburg on that Spurs 2-2 draw gifting Leicester the League title -

Unbelievable comments. I hate Clattenburg with a passion. You can trll he is biased and lets things go for certain teams.

Who said Alonso wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Bakayoko wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Coutinho was superior to Oscar.
Who said 4 years ago that Azpilicueta should be a centre-back.
Who said 4 years ago that Hazard should play centrally. 
And who was called idiotic for all of those perspectives?

I JUST WANNA KNOW!

Big-Show-Angry-600x250.jpg

slamming-fist.jpg

:lol::drunk:

To add to the prophecies, none of the following will be starter players for us in 4 years - Rudiger, Drinkwater, nor Bakayoko. Start of the season these would've been considered 'bold' claims - good thing it was said then too.

:cig:

7 hours ago, Leif said:

Who said Alonso wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Bakayoko wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Coutinho was superior to Oscar.
Who said 4 years ago that Azpilicueta should be a centre-back.
Who said 4 years ago that Hazard should play centrally. 
And who was called idiotic for all of those perspectives?

I JUST WANNA KNOW!

Hide contents

:lol::drunk:

Hide contents

To add to the prophecies, none of the following will be starter players for us in 4 years - Rudiger, Drinkwater, nor Bakayoko. Start of the season these would've been considered 'bold' claims - good thing it was said then too.

:cig:

If Conte ever gets fired, I want Leif as CFC manager. I'm not even kidding.

53 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

At least Arsenal did not take full advantage of our fuck up.

They'll smash West Ham 4-0 though, while we'll draw 1-1 with Hudders.

Pool just won the lottery by signing Mo Salah. Can't believe two ex Chelsea players are the best players in PL right now. And the reason why they were sold for nothing is the guy who is now managing manure.

If Hazard had Salah's ferocious desire to run constantly and score he'd be the best player in the world. Whereas Eden looks to provide and set up his teammates first, Salah is just a killer who's always looking to score.

11Drogba and kellzfresh like this

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Hazard had Salah's ferocious desire to run constantly and score he'd be the best player in the world. Whereas Eden looks to provide and set up his teammates first, Salah is just a killer who's always looking to score.

Then Hazard would be a different player and it would take something away from the team. The best practice would be not to try to change Hazard, but to complement him by providing him a teammate like Salah.

communicate, Pizy and MefiX19 like this

I think Klopp would get away with murdering a ref. He can do anything he wants on the touchline, yet the FA keeps ignoring that.

Also nice that not even Liverpool took the full advantage of our fuck up.

kellzfresh likes this

Nice. Arse and Liverpool both dropping points against sides you'd have expected them to beat. Yesterday doesn't sting as much now.

Hoping for a convincing City win now. They're completely out of sight but United/2nd can still be a very realistic goal if they lose today.

Indeed. City are going to win the League so no point in supporting Man United :D Anything that makes Mourinho more upset and further from the top spot.

Not surprised Liverpool draw against Liverpool, game after European game is always tough. Good for us though that both arsenal n pool draw. 

Just saw the lineup for city against united, not surprised that Jesus start, he is a much better fit for what pep want from his cf plus against united he is a more willing runner.