The English Football Thread

Steve

Pretty much is the problem of the board. 

They have people that run the club better then ours. I don't know why Roman does not do a shakeup as well. For a second season in a role the club does a very poor job in the transfer window, yet they keep their job. 

I will admit that hiring Mourinho was a major problem that set us back as you can see. But they got rid of him and that's a start, but the making decision must also be restructured. 

Just like what happen at Juventus as well, they restructure their board and they are reaping the rewards. 

I thought they had learned their lesson from last season but they go and make the same mistakes this summer. It's not good, but hey they will put all the blame of the manager sack him and they continue there. 

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

City have outclassed us as a club. They have set themselves up for a bright future whereas we just seem to make the dumbest decisions. Such a shame because in reality, London is where the players would much rather live. We had the opportunity to set up a model that could have dominated for decades. Instead City's owners saw what we were doing and thought they could do a better job and how they have!! 😟

They have been waiting for this since they signed txi Bergiristan from Barcelona

Just now, communicate said:

A bit too easy for city so far, it is a bit ridiculous to be honest since we struggled against watford and west ham and they are creating and scoring for fun against almost all teams

They haven't been behind yet either..

Though their goalie is very dodgy

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

City have outclassed us as a club. They have set themselves up for a bright future whereas we just seem to make the dumbest decisions. Such a shame because in reality, London is where the players would much rather live. We had the opportunity to set up a model that could have dominated for decades. Instead City's owners saw what we were doing and thought they could do a better job and how they have!! 😟

What do you expect when players like De Bruyne or Filipe Luis get sold for no reason while dross like Pedro, Oscar, Willian, Matic, Cahill and Ivanovic are still stealing a living here. Some employees of this club either don't care or are mentally challenged.

1 minute ago, communicate said:

They have been waiting for this since they signed txi Bergiristan from Barcelona

And who do we have? 

I tell you that if this stupid board sack Conte for their failings then I will lose all hope in the club and expect us to go downhill from here on. 

Because you can't expect to get better results doing the same mistakes over and over again. 

Then I would  just have to settle perpetually for mediocrity because that is what we will get from those that run the club. 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

They haven't been behind yet either..

Though their goalie is very dodgy

It is all too easy for them so far and they are playing with ineacho up top and also without aguero,silva, stones. 

Pep is playing Kolarov as CB 

I watched Barcelona games a few times and I thougt Bravo was very good.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

And who do we have? 

I tell you that if this stupid board sack Conte for their failings then I will lose all hope in the club and expect us to go downhill from here on. 

Because you can't expect to get better results doing the same mistakes over and over again. 

Then I would  just have to settle perpetually for mediocrity because that is what we will get from those that run the club. 

I don't want to blame a certain person here but we were on rebuilding phase and our board did signed plenty of good players.

Other than kante,michy and hmm maybe luiz this is his team.

24 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

What do you expect when players like De Bruyne or Filipe Luis get sold for no reason while dross like Pedro, Oscar, Willian, Matic, Cahill and Ivanovic are still stealing a living here. Some employees of this club either don't care or are mentally challenged.

I believe they are just there for the money. I can almost garuntee, based on our transfer dealings that the people who Roman has employed to run the club have no idea about football at all!

City look like runaway champions, while 'pool may prove capable of offering some resistance.
How the fcuck we lost De Bruyne ?
Reminds me of the Karl Heinz Rummenigge story. Timo Zahnleiter brought him to AEK Athens as a youth in 1975 but the coaches rejected him.

44 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

How the fcuck we lost De Bruyne ?
Reminds me of the Karl Heinz Rummenigge story. Timo Zahnleiter brought him to AEK Athens as a youth in 1975 but the coaches rejected him.

Don't get me started on the Romanian clubs stories and their history of rejected players :lol:

1) Back in 2008 I was playing five a side football at Rapid Bucharest's training ground. The team was away in Portugal for pre season, but a 20yo Seydou Doumbia was in Bucharest waiting for them to get back so he can start the trial. Meanwhile he was training on his own while we were playing five a side football. When the team got back the manager rejected him and he went to Switzerland's Young Boys. A year later CSKA bought him for 15m.

2) In 2006, 21yo Koscielny and some other anonymous player was having a trial for a defunct team now, Otopeni FC, near Bucharest. They kept the anonymous player and rejected Koscielny.

3) Rapid Bucharest, again, had 18yo Obi Mikel (2005) and 21 yo Kolarov (2007) at their training ground, but rejected both. Mikel then went to Lyn Oslo and one year later to Chelsea. For Kolarov, some team in Belgrade asked 600k, but Rapid Bucharest did not want to pay that "much" money and they sold him to Lazio instead. Three years later City bought him.

4) 18yo Zoran Tosic was close to Timisoara (now bankrupt) for 400k. Everything was agreed with the player, but the Romanian club did not want to pay the money. He went to Partizan and two years later to Man United.

5) In 2005, 20yo Taye Taiwo was playing for a Nigerian team, agent brought him to Romania, but once again, Rapid Bucharest rejected him :lol:. Went to Marseille instead.

6) In 2006, 20yo Falcao was coming after a torn ACL and some time off the pitch because of the injury. He wanted to come to Steaua Bucharest, but Steaua penny pinched at a few millions and he stayed at River. Two years later he went to Porto.