The English Football Thread

Steve

These 2 teams are a working in progress. City defense still is a liability. Far from consistent. City had many chances in the counter, but it seems they just didn't know what to do in those situations. 

About United, we all know the story: in few weeks United will be playing the parking the bus football. City created chances for fun, Mourinho won't be happy with that. He won't accept losing to Guardiola every single match against Guardiola in next 3 years. 

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The good think is they 're playing Zlatan system, which is good because if they scrape home and finish in one of the places he will be the top scorer and I have a bet on him.
If the ball hits Zlatan's bum then United scores, otherwise forget it.

Like with Drogba. 

Mourinho using the same system. 

Which means some good talented players will miss out. We can pounce in if some want out. 

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I can only imagine how sad a few TalkChelsea members must feel right now. But hey, guys, cheer up! It will get much worse after Conte trashes Mourinho too!

I'm angry that we had a past it managers that sold one great gem like KDB.

But then I'm relieved that Emanolo and company got him the boot, as we would have lost more stars in Hazard. 

And Hazard for me is better then KDB, even though it pains me not to see him with us because of the individual. 

But at least we can move on with a far more astute coach now. 

I was arguing with some ignorant people on twitter that Pogba is NOT a box to box midfielder. Defending and defensive awareness is not his game. Just amazing how ignorant some people are even discussing well known players. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I was arguing with some ignorant people on twitter that Pogba is NOT a box to box midfielder. Defending and defensive awareness is not his game. Just amazing how ignorant some people are even discussing well known players. 

I think it comes down to how you define box to box but you are absolutely correct. Defensively he is not that good. 

If you want to get the best out of pogba he need to play in 3 man midfield and let him bomb forward without thinking too much about defence

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I was arguing the same thing with a utd fan on another forum that said that he is the definition of of a box to box player. Told him that he's not defensively solid enough to be one.

As communicate said, it really depends how you define b2b, for me it means someone that contributes to both sides of game.

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He's absolutely a B2B midfielder. He's just not a holder. Put him in a 433 like De Bruyne today & he'd thrive.

4 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

He's absolutely a B2B midfielder. He's just not a holder. Put him in a 433 like De Bruyne today & he'd thrive.

Pogba lacks defensive awareness. A player who is lacking in this department is not a box to box midfielder by definition. Pogba is a central midfielder. If you want to consider him a box to box midfielder, then the term loses its meaning and every CM should be considered "box to box". 

We've gotta win these "easy" ones against the likes of Swansea to keep pace with City. There are so many great sides this season that title challengers can't afford to drop points against teams that they're far superior to.