test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

'Yid' chanting by Tottenham Hotspur fans no longer an arrestable offence at White Hart Lane says Met Police

They were told anti-semitic holocaust songs directed at Spurs fans, which are an offence, are different from chants sung by Spurs fans including the Y-word, which are not.

Constable Steve Payne, Football Intelligence Officer for the Met, said fans would still be arrested for using the Y-word if a complaint was made against them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10908591/Yid-chanting-by-Tottenham-Hotspur-fans-no-longer-an-arrestable-offence-at-White-Hart-Lane-says-Metropolitan-Police.html

 

3 years ago... nothing changed?

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

'Yid' chanting by Tottenham Hotspur fans no longer an arrestable offence at White Hart Lane says Met Police

They were told anti-semitic holocaust songs directed at Spurs fans, which are an offence, are different from chants sung by Spurs fans including the Y-word, which are not.

Constable Steve Payne, Football Intelligence Officer for the Met, said fans would still be arrested for using the Y-word if a complaint was made against them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10908591/Yid-chanting-by-Tottenham-Hotspur-fans-no-longer-an-arrestable-offence-at-White-Hart-Lane-says-Metropolitan-Police.html

 

3 years ago... nothing changed?

Its ridiculous. 

Martin Samuel is spot on again, I don't know why he writes for the Nazi supporting Daily Mail

Yid Army

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4873734/Time-Tottenham-army-march-different-tune.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Its ridiculous. 

Martin Samuel is spot on again, I don't know why he writes for the Nazi supporting Daily Mail

Yid Army

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4873734/Time-Tottenham-army-march-different-tune.html

I've got mates who support Spurs so when they win they come in the pub and shout Yid Army and we are the yids. But the same pub me and my mates shout Yidos at them they could take offence and get us nicked it's just plain weird. The word Yid said to a Jewish person is derogatory but I can't see how it's derogatory to say it to mates of my mine who are Catholics with Irish parents. If you meet a Spurs fan and ask them who they support often they will say I'm a Yid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I've got mates who support Spurs so when they win they come in the pub and shout Yid Army and we are the yids. But the same pub me and my mates shout Yidos at them they could take offence and get us nicked it's just plain weird. The word Yid said to a Jewish person is derogatory but I can't see how it's derogatory to say it to mates of my mine who are Catholics with Irish parents. If you meet a Spurs fan and ask them who they support often they will say I'm a Yid.

It's like Martin Samuel says when is a yid not a yid ?

Iggy Doonican likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford just ending over and spreading their cheeks for City predictably. Game over already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Salah not been a bad singing for Liverpool so far

He's been a brilliant signing.

 

Its crazy looking at our rejects(Atsu,Salah,KDB) light it up this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think both Liverpool and City will be the big clubs that will give us the most trouble. Pace and class from wide areas are what can hurt us. Already dreading Salah against Alonso...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think both Liverpool and City will be the big clubs that will give us the most trouble. Pace and class from wide areas are what can hurt us. Already dreading Salah against Alonso...

But still they are vulnerable defensively, especially Liverpool. Morata, Pedro and Hazard will have a field day against their centerbacks. 

Pizy and kmk108 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title will probably come down to the battle amongst the big boys. Unlike other seasons where the top sides drop a bunch of silly points against the smaller sides, I can't picture United, City, Spuds, or ourselves dropping many points against the small teams. Arsenal and Liverpool will since they are either bottlers or soft defensively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool problem against the "smaller" side at home still exist, against the better side they can counter press and score at will not so much against the "smaller" side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched city against Bournemouth a couple weeks ago, they dominated all they want but nobody  in that team can score goals. Gabriel Jesus maybe the better fit for pep system but the guy is not a goal getter.

It looks like pep finally understand why Aguero need to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, communicate said:

I watched city against Bournemouth a couple weeks ago, they dominated all they want but nobody  in that team can score goals. Gabriel Jesus maybe the better fit for pep system but the guy is not a goal getter.

It looks like pep finally understand why Aguero need to play.

Big shame, but true. Was very excited last season when it looked like Pep might be planning to bench Aguero for the young Brazilian. Sadly he watches training and games so, even if that is what he once had in mind, such a terrible idea could never last.

communicate and The Skipper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, communicate said:

I watched city against Bournemouth a couple weeks ago, they dominated all they want but nobody  in that team can score goals. Gabriel Jesus maybe the better fit for pep system but the guy is not a goal getter.

It looks like pep finally understand why Aguero need to play.

Gabriel Jesus has 14 goals in 16 starts for City and is just 20. Saying he's not a goal getter isn't exactly accurate. The kid scores. I think the point is Man City lacked the dual threat they now have from the fullback positions and the runs Mendy and Walker make really open up the pitch for their other star players. Playing with 3 at the back also helps them to shore up their defense while at the the same time allowing for both Gabriel Jesus and Aguero to play as central strikers thus no over-reliance on one man to score. It also helps Jesus is now available from the start of the season this time.

Essien19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.