test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

Before the match, Mark Hughes suggested he had spotted a weakness in United’s team.

‘I feel sorry he doesn’t say it specifically, so maybe after the match he is nice and tells me the weaknesses,’ Mourinho responded.

‘I don’t know if he’s a Chelsea fan or a United fan!’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/09/jose-mourinho-snubs-mark-hughes-handshake-after-manchester-united-slip-up-at-stoke-city-6915511/#ixzz4sD3DGjRc

:D 

RoyalBlues likes this

Let's see how this continues. The next weeks and the games vs City and Arsenal in between CL encounters and league cup will tell us how close we really are. We have not realy been convincing but 9 points seem about right and the good thing is we got a decent squad together, Hazard is back, Bakayoko is at full fitness, Morata is firing. If no Manchester team is able to distance themselves by Christmas I can see the title race going to the wire, as neither Jose nor Pep have ever won a chasing title IIRC. 

Vialli is fronting a crowdfunding campaign to get closer links between fans and clubs. It's obviously aimed at lower league clubs who don't have the financial clout of the big clubs. Always loved Luca and I'm sure there's a lot of members here who would agree with this quote.

This, intriguingly, may also apply to those fans who never go to the stadium. The explosion of international interest in English football is really what makes businesses such as Tifosy viable. As Vialli puts it: “You’ve got 40,000 supporters going to the stadium but 1,000 times more available through the internet. I think in a way there’s more of a desire to get involved [from] the fans that are not regularly coming to the stadium. They think: ‘I can’t get to the stadium because I live 6,000 miles away but I really want to feel like I’m part of the club.’”

11Drogba, kmk108 and King11Didier like this

12 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Before the match, Mark Hughes suggested he had spotted a weakness in United’s team.

‘I feel sorry he doesn’t say it specifically, so maybe after the match he is nice and tells me the weaknesses,’ Mourinho responded.

‘I don’t know if he’s a Chelsea fan or a United fan!’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/09/jose-mourinho-snubs-mark-hughes-handshake-after-manchester-united-slip-up-at-stoke-city-6915511/#ixzz4sD3DGjRc

:D 

What a cunt! 

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

What a cunt! 

Reports now saying Mark Hughes tried to get Mou sent off after he entered Stoke Technical area. He also allegedly told Mou to F*** Off. That could be the main reason of the handshake snub.

33 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Reports now saying Mark Hughes tried to get Mou sent off after he entered Stoke Technical area. He also allegedly told Mou to F*** Off. That could be the main reason of the handshake snub.

He has every right to tell the ref to send him off if he enters his technical area.

Again, what a cunt! 

The outrage and debate over Mane's red card is hilarious. It's a clear red all day long and yet, some can still find find excuses to say it is not a red. Had Costa done it, would there even be any debate about this? :doh:

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

The outrage and debate over Mane's red card is hilarious. It's a clear red all day long and yet, some can still find find excuses to say it is not a red. Had Costa done it, would there even be any debate about this? :doh:

The media would've called for Costa to be arrested if he had done something similair.

King11Didier likes this

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Sky commentary box turned their heads and said it was a red card.

Anyway, this whole thing doesn't matter, don't know why we are having a lil' discussion, Mane got sent off for it in the end. And it's going to remain that way. Who cares what the media thinks, it's what FA thinks. And it's not going to be rescinded. If Mane did get away with it, he would have had a harsher penalty because Man City will go all "He could have been killed!!!" to the media/FA. So yeah, Mane should be thankful the ref sent him off.

We should be talking about Newcastle's Matt Ritchie, who actually did a similar thing to Mane but arguably worse yesterday and got away with a yellow!

CPFC BOARD is going to make CPFC go the same way like Portsmouth, Leeds and will never return to the PL.
Cause the Club is being run badly.
Great players, but bad Club Management Communication between Club Owner and Backroom Staff to Manager then to Players.

Hopefully Loftus-Cheeks' place in the squad won't be harmed by the managerial change, it's always a risk for a young loanee to get stuck on the sidelines with a new coach coming in. 

communicate likes this

1 minute ago, Jype said:

Hopefully Loftus-Cheeks' place in the squad won't be harmed by the managerial change, it's always a risk for a young loanee to get stuck on the sidelines with a new coach coming in. 

Hopefully and the change may not be a bad thing if Hodgson can drill some tactical discipline into RLC.

This is the club that has payed a combined fee of 55M to Liverpool for Benteke and Sakho - utter dross worth 20-25M tops together. For this thing alone I have no sympathy for them and I hope they relegate at the end of the season.

Sacking a manager after four games is madness but replacing him with (possibly) a dullard and extremely average manager in Roy Hodgson is ridiculous. You can only presume the Palace board thought with the tough matches they have on the way that things wouldn't get any better but hiring Hodgson won't make any difference and could make things worse. He's not the sort of manager you need when you're bottom of the league anyway bollocks to them and there wannabe ultra fans.

13 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Sacking a manager after four games is madness but replacing him with (possibly) a dullard and extremely average manager in Roy Hodgson is ridiculous. You can only presume the Palace board thought with the tough matches they have on the way that things wouldn't get any better but hiring Hodgson won't make any difference and could make things worse. He's not the sort of manager you need when you're bottom of the league anyway bollocks to them and there wannabe ultra fans.

To be fair, Hodgson did save Fulham from relegation all those years ago and did alright at West Brom.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

To be fair, Hodgson did save Fulham from relegation all those years ago and did alright at West Brom.

True but I don't think he's the answer they need the type of manager like they previously had Big Sam, Warnock etc. He did a good job at Fulham no denying that but bloody hell he certainly blotted his copybook with England.