The English Football Thread

Steve

Mane and Chamberlain have done what no winger in Chelsea except hazard can do: face your defender beat him with a dribble and score. No Chelsea winger except hazard can do this. Just petty leg overs and no dribble. 

Arsenal defenders :fainthv9:

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Mane and Chamberlain have done what no winger in Chelsea except hazard can do: face your defender beat him with a dribble and score. No Chelsea winger except hazard can do this. Just petty leg overs and no dribble. 

Arsenal defenders :fainthv9:

Mane goals was brilliant but chambers is just so bad as CB. 

16 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Scoreline's hardly surprising for two teams looking defensively dire :lol:

Not sure why I'm laughing, like we're not going into the season with Ivanovic-Terry-Cahill.

Tomorrow'll be too soon, but shortly thereafter looks like we'll have Zouma - Koulibaly. Doesn't sound too bad, although I've yet to see how they do as CB partners.

1 minute ago, Hostedenis said:

Tomorrow'll be too soon, but shortly thereafter looks like we'll have Zouma - Koulibaly. Doesn't sound too bad, although I've yet to see how they do as CB partners.

Koulibaly is an IF until I see otherwise. 

Granted re Zouma, however I worry to what environment he returns to. Partnering Terry/Cahill with Zouma won't be the biggest problem, but I worry about then the pressure that's on Zouma to basically be so at the top of him game he can cover Terry/Cahill's own shortcomings. I guess it's a moot point if we do sign Koulibaly, but should we not and end up signing a sideman we're going to be incredibly fragile at the back..

Having watched everyone else this weekend I'm feeling a bit more confident. Everyone else is just as shit defensively as we are.

Get Hazard firing like he has been and Diego back to being himself and we'll be in business.

Well having seeing all our rivals now I am more confident with our team. We really really can do something beautiful this season. 

We have to wait to see what happens tomorrow, I wouldn't put it past West Ham to score two or more goals against our bad defence. A bad start to the season could leave us in trouble.