The English Football Thread

Steve

15 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

here are the Manchester City details for how and when they have to play their two legged Home and Away Matches to Qualify for UCL Group Stage for finishing 4th.

2016/2017 champions league playoff round

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Champions_League#Play-off_round

Phase        Round                 Draw date            First leg                         Second leg

Play-off     Play-off round     5 August 2016    16–17 August 2016       23–24 August 2016

Couldn't give a flying fuck about this mate.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Tottenham 2-0 up against us full of optimism and bravado giving it the Billy Big Bollocks. Roll on a couple of weeks and they've just lost 5-1 to a relegated team with 10 men and have finished behind Arsenal ha fucking ha. Really think this hangover could continue into the new season it's quite a psychological blow.

Oh please let it be so.

Tottenham completely punched above their weight this season because of a system that worked incredibly well for them. But teams started to learn how to play against them and they couldn't handle the pressure. If they lose Kane in the summer, they'll have entirely replicated Rodger's Liverpool 'cycle' and they go back to being a mid-table/EL team.. 

5 hours ago, Term-X said:

Actually not too happy about Arse finishing 2nd but whatever, slightly annoyed about City getting 4th too. Oh well.

On the flip side, Guardiola will now have to focus on all competitions next season. more distractions..It might have been easier for him to settle in by just focusing on the league alone

6 hours ago, DYC. said:

Spurs enjoying their best campaign since the 60s or whatever and they end up finishing 3rd.

Hi

La

Ri

Ous.

That team has a lot of potential though. That's why I think any way. They're without a doubt the team I'm most interested to see next season.

I would say that opposition is poor, rather than Spurs being so great. I mean, two best teams of last year finished 4th and 10th, while United, Pool, Arse are no title challengers either. Leicester (with all respect tho) won the league. Its amazing and they did super job, but if Spurs were actualy that quality, they should of won the league. Even Chelsea team of last season would have no place in top of PL between lets say 2005-2010, nevermind Spurs. At best spuds 2016 is on par with Modric, Bale, Vdw spuds, but difference they have now is a team and more potential. 

But yeah for current state of PL, they have a very promising squad.

----

This season was simply unbelievable. But Im looking into next season with my eyes wide open. Its so unpredictable right now. What will happen with Leicester? Pep City? United? Kloop Pool, Spurs? Will we climb on top again?...Its gonna be one interesting season. This is why the PL is still the best league. Perhaps not most competitive EU wide, but best to watch and follow.

TOTTENHAM Hotspur demolished their season at St James’ Park yesterday.

Following reports of something resembling optimism among supporters, the club dispatched its 11-man hope-disposal squad to lay down on the Newcastle pitch.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino said: “The main thing is that no Arsenal fan’s pride was hurt and we managed to get our fans out of the stadium as quickly and quietly as possible.

“I’d also like to thank the players for ending the season in such a calmly inept manner.”

It has been confirmed the suspiciously high level of optimism had been left behind in February as part of a training exercise in winning the league.

Questions are now being asked as to how it could have stayed in people’s minds for this long unnoticed.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Must be to do with it being our 5th offence vs, their 3rd. Otherwise the decision would be inexplicable.

That's exactly why our fourth mass confrontation since 2014. We are funding those bent bastards at the F.A.They most rub their hands every time lets put it into perspective there's a bit of pushing and shoving involving Chelsea.

So i just got up to date with the fine we received for the draw with spuds.

What the fuck FA? they got, like, 3 times the amount of yellow cards, try to gouge Costa´s eye and basically assaulted Guus, and we are the one with the bigger fine?

Fuck off.It´s fucking disgraceful 

19 years to date when Chelsea won FA CUP in final match against Middlesbrough.

2:0

Watching highlights now. But there's one thing that bothers me. How the hell there was only three substitutions on the bench in each team ?

15 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

19 years to date when Chelsea won FA CUP in final match against Middlesbrough.

2:0

Watching highlights now. But there's one thing that bothers me. How the hell there was only three substitutions on the bench in each team ?

Try our 1970s matches, when there was only one 'reserve' allowed :D