test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

19 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Crap defending mainly. And lack of any quality, but it'll be OK 2017-18 because The Chels will be gracing Europe.

Meanwhile good luck to Leicester...

English teams play without break for ages. And no one complained when we were ruling the europe.

As you said, its lack of quality why english teams are so poor these days, not tiredness.

Also switch to continental way of playing football isnt helping either. English teams should play the english football. Not nice on the eye, but it gets the job done and avoids humiliations in europe.

C'mon you baggies!

1 minute ago, iceboy said:

Wba 2 1

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

3-1:lol: This Arsenal side just never ever learn.

Its a joke. And Wengers not doing owt.

4 more years!

We need to be like West Brom with corners! 

In a way feel sorry for him with the banners especially as so many will forget they wanted him out should they finish top 4 seeing as that's their trophy. Funny how after they beat Lincoln it was oooo they're back...ermm not really!

Woopsie!!

Karma is a bitch for all the Arsenal fans making fun of Chelsea last season. Say what you will, but we never flew two conflicting banners at an away match :lol:

42 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Damn, I overrated this arsenal side. Without carzola in midfield, they’re sh*t

Losing is not the end of world to Arsenal. They have a manager who's lost it. Their squad has been conditioned to a climate of mediocrity.

Any PL manager with a front line consisting of Giroud, Welbeck, Perez, Sanchez, Iwobi, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade has no reason to complain about firepower. A better manager would squeeze a lot more out of that big group of players. But he would have to get rid of the stench of being second-best first. No easy task.

Long may Arsene's reign last.

kellzfresh and The Skipper like this

5 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Karma is a bitch for all the Arsenal fans making fun of Chelsea last season. Say what you will, but we never flew two conflicting banners at an away match :lol:

Haha like someone said they had same amount of shots on target as planes going over..

77% procession though..

kmk108 likes this

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Haha like someone said they had same amount of shots on target as planes going over..

77% procession though..

I've never been a fan of the emphasis on possession. Yes, it can show who "controlled" the match, but in most of the matches last season, we had more possession and couldn't do anything with it.

People want pretty football, and I get it. It'd be great to watch pretty football every weekend while winning trophies. I guess I'll just shed a tear for "playing ugly" while looking at this :D

1489415421221.png

TheIceMan and Laylabelle like this

2 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I've never been a fan of the emphasis on possession. Yes, it can show who "controlled" the match, but in most of the matches last season, we had more possession and couldn't do anything with it.

People want pretty football, and I get it. It'd be great to watch pretty football every weekend while winning trophies. I guess I'll just shed a tear for "playing ugly" while looking at this :D

1489415421221.png

That's the thing yeah it's a nice stat but means sod all at the end! Think the fans now moving away now from the pretty football argument..was kinda pretty from our point of view anyway :-D 

Yeah exactly! Mostly this season it ain't been pretty just shit! Getting slating on sky and agree with what they're saying..makes a change 

#BREAKINGNEWS from Reporter. - https://twitter.com/KevinAshburner

Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger has Resigned as Arsenal Manager, and gave a statement. I Stood Down because the players said we are throwing and losing matches on purpose.

#BREAKINGNEWS from Reporter. - https://twitter.com/KevinAshburner

https://twitter.com/hughwizzy - Hugh Wizzy has been Appointed New Arsenal Manager, Effectively Immediately. 

#FAKENEWS from Reporter. - https://twitter.com/KevinAshburner

I'd laugh if the announcement is he's deciding to stay..everyone must know for definite surely just a matter of it coming out. Sooner says it guess sooner the banner and planes can stop

There's some that think he's resigning and is just waiting for a win to reveal it. 

Anyone who's a fan of Withnail and I will be a little surprised that Danny is now a gooner but is still definitely still smoking the Camberwell Carrots :D

kellzfresh likes this

10 hours ago, kmk108 said:

1489415421221.png

If we win the title and FA Cup, we're only 6 major trophies behind Arsenal. Should overtake them and become the 3rd most successful team in England in the next decade.

kmk108, Johnnyeye and TheIceMan like this