test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

Just now, milan.cech said:

Ibrahimovic - ' I go for the ball and he jumps into my elbow.'

Incredible, really. I fully expect the FA to buy that and do absolutely nothing.

Ibrahimovic Could be banned for a minimum of 3 games for violent conduct.

17103825_10208926407745942_8612780498089178288_n.jpg

1 minute ago, xPetrCechx said:

Arsenal :drunk:

Wdf Sanchez on the bench wenger has lost the plot lol I can't wait to watch arsenal fan TV with my popcorn and six bottles of coors light lol

xPetrCechx likes this

2 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Ibrahimovic - ' I go for the ball and he jumps into my elbow.'

Incredible, really. I fully expect the FA to buy that and do absolutely nothing.

Now there's a case of alternative facts. It's almost beyond parody it's just laughable :D

11Drogba and kellzfresh like this

Of course Arsenal lost! Was anyone really expecting any other result?

But what a form Llorente is in. By far the best header of the ball in the league. 

communicate likes this

I'm so sick of the cult of Klopp. I appreciated and liked him at BVB but even there, it was always all about him. It's even worse now that he's at Liverpool.

Don't think I've ever seen a worse performance than Monreal embarrassing is an understatement.

Decent result for us to ensure Arsenal don't threaten us late with their annual end of season winning run, I suppose. Liverpool are so hot and cold that I'm not too concerned about them catching us. 

Lets hope Everton can get something against Spurs tomorrow. I expect City to hammer Sunderland about 4-0 so not even gonna bother watching that.

Could be a fantastic weekend all around if we win and United, Arsenal, and Spurs all drop points. 

I haven't watched arsenal fan TV yet I'm guessing they will be talking about wenger not starting with Sanchez lol 

xPetrCechx likes this

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Could be a fantastic weekend all around if we win and United, Arsenal, and Spurs all drop points. 

City still have a game in hand against us we need them to drop more points 

just saw that's a Taylor gave a pen to Burnley when they're the ones who handled the ball. What a horrible day for refereeing. Seems to be getting worse by the week. 

kellzfresh likes this

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Decent result for us to ensure Arsenal don't threaten us late with their annual end of season winning run, I suppose. Liverpool are so hot and cold that I'm not too concerned about them catching us. 

Lets hope Everton can get something against Spurs tomorrow. I expect City to hammer Sunderland about 4-0 so not even gonna bother watching that.

Honestly, it's a good weekend just because I enjoy seeing Arsenal, utd and potentially spurs drop points as a general rule. But City are the only possible threat to us. 

It would take capitulation beyond anything ever seen in the EPL for Arsenal to finish above us, let alone utd or spurs! 

has anyone in the last decade given up such a large lead with this much time left? I feel like if we don't win the title, it would take a historical drop in form. 

Edit: not really historical, but a monumental drop in form. I just don't see it. 

14 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

has anyone in the last decade given up such a large lead with this much time left? I feel like if we don't win the title, it would take a historical drop in form. 

Edit: not really historical, but a monumental drop in form. I just don't see it. 

Man Utd were 8 points ahead with 5 games to go in 2012. If there was 1 guy in the world who is not a bottler it was SAF. But somehow they lost the title.

20 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Man Utd were 8 points ahead with 5 games to go in 2012. If there was 1 guy in the world who is not a bottler it was SAF. But somehow they lost the title.

That's right.

I still think it would take a massive collapse on our part for us to not win the title at this point, a collapse I just don't see from this team. Even when the team has looked unspectacular, they're getting points. 

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

If we lose the title, then we dont deserve it. And it will be black on white we are not good enough and we need reinforcements.

The gap is quite big and we play City at home to even bolster it. If we bottle it, it will be our fault alone.

kmk108 likes this

I am not a tiny bit surprised  that arsenal lost. I fully expect liverpool to beat arsenal. Arsenal is the perfect opponent for Liverpool. 

11 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Honestly, it's a good weekend just because I enjoy seeing Arsenal, utd and potentially spurs drop points as a general rule. But City are the only possible threat to us. 

It would take capitulation beyond anything ever seen in the EPL for Arsenal to finish above us, let alone utd or spurs! 

I don't know. Spurs are kind of a concern for me. Not in Europe anymore so can focus only on the PL. 

Hoping the CL causes City to fall away.