The English Football Thread

Steve

17 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

But would top 4 really matter for United or Liverpool? Qualification to CL through Europa is a strong possibility, and I wouldn't put it past one of them making i that way...

Think it matters immesely for United and their "brand" and image. Would be disastrous after spending such a ludicrous amount of money. Missing out on the CL once was embarrassing but missing out on it in 2 of the last 3 seasons is shocking.

Suppose it doesn't really matter for them because they'll throw another £300m at it when Mou goes there.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Think it matters immesely for United and their "brand" and image. Would be disastrous after spending such a ludicrous amount of money. Missing out on the CL once was embarrassing but missing out on it in 2 of the last 3 seasons is shocking.

Suppose it doesn't really matter for them because they'll throw another £300m at it when Mou goes there.

Ill take all bets that they get there next season tho Id give my left dangley if they didnt and we did.

This ticket price thing is funny to north americans... I understand EPL matches are more $ to watch than other top european leagues, but the absolute cheapest toronto maple leafs ticket is $50 (~25 quid) all the way at the top of the arena! The tickets within 10 rows of the ice go up to $600 (300 pound)! Also keep in mind the Leafs have been generally the worst performing team the past 10 years too...

25 minutes ago, DANILA said:

This ticket price thing is funny to north americans... I understand EPL matches are more $ to watch than other top european leagues, but the absolute cheapest toronto maple leafs ticket is $50 (~25 quid) all the way at the top of the arena! The tickets within 10 rows of the ice go up to $600 (300 pound)! Also keep in mind the Leafs have been generally the worst performing team the past 10 years too...

Yeah I agree with this. 

The price should go up because the values is now more like in NBA, NHL, NFL and such. 

If they can't afford it oh well. I wish I could afford to go to every NFL game as well.....

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I agree with this. 

The price should go up because the values is now more like in NBA, NHL, NFL and such. 

If they can't afford it oh well. I wish I could afford to go to every NFL game as well.....

Different culture.

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

At least, we can focus in PL and domestic cups next season. If we get the Europa League place, bring our u21 in for it, couldn't care less.

I would be happier if we rebuild with a long term plan, like bayern. even if it means missing out on CL for a couple of years. We have some absolute gems in our roster. Hopefully we recognize and single them out and give them a chance rather than buying players like cesc and torres for instant gratification and then have to live with the mistake for the next 3/4 years.

Players like kenedy, traore, musonda, baba, rlc, zouma, christensen should be a massive part of the squad for next season. We give them a real chance and shot rather than dropping them at the first mistake while giving the likes of ivanovics 100 chances.

3 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Indeed. This shite season could be lifted only by Leicester winning the League. Come on Foxes, I would happily lose the final game at the Bridge for you.

I will shit bricks if the title is decided on the last day and for some reason the players decide to take some meaningless points out of that game.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I will shit bricks if the title is decided on the last day and for some reason the players decide to take some meaningless points out of that game.

If these guys know anything of our club, they better roll over if it's between Leic, Spurs and Arsenal..

7 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

I would be happier if we rebuild with a long term plan, like bayern. even if it means missing out on CL for a couple of years. We have some absolute gems in our roster. Hopefully we recognize and single them out and give them a chance rather than buying players like cesc and torres for instant gratification and then have to live with the mistake for the next 3/4 years.

Players like kenedy, traore, musonda, baba, rlc, zouma, christensen should be a massive part of the squad for next season. We give them a real chance and shot rather than dropping them at the first mistake while giving the likes of ivanovics 100 chances.

Agree, but it's okay to buy one or two big names, blended with young players we already have. We could afford to sell players like Hazard or Oscar at the moment, without much difference. Anyone who don't want to play for the club just go away at this point, and we will filled their spot with our youths. Maybe this is the right time to giving our youths chances they deserved. Bring back some of our loanees for next season.