The English Football Thread

Steve

56 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Dunno. This Leicester side is probably better than the Chelsea team he led to the title last season... 

Do you really think so? Attitude wise surely. Their willpower, teamspirit and passion is certainly superior to any side we saw winning the leageu the past 5 years but talent wise, the title last season was the bare minimum players with the talent of FAbregas, Hazard, Costa, Azpi, Courtois etc should win. what we can learn from Leicester are the aformentioned aspects. But turth is all their drinkwaters, Albrightons, Schmeichels (lolz at his kicking btw) is a collection of average, mid-table players who are carried by a wave of euphoria and good form by some clearly gifted players (Mahrez, Vardy, Kante) who somehow managed to hide their talents so far. This makes their success all the more remarkable of course. 

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

but guys.

now that leicester city has a champions league spot.

do you think better players/expensive/bigger egos will now be attracted to leicester city.

but if leicester get absolutely hammered in their champions league 2016/2017 season and don't make it out of the group stage then it will make the premier league and english teams look shite.

but i doubt that next season leicester city will make the top 4 again for the champions league season 2017/2018.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Liverpool 2-0 up now 2-2 with Sunderland.

Worth noting if we win tommorow we will have not points than Liverpool since Klopp took over.

Apart from the win at City Klopps been pretty shit so far, especially with people banging on about his instant impact an even a title challenge at one point.

I know they have a great shot at the title and play some decent stuff, but I just can't bring myself to appreciate Spuds at all. They're such a boring (in terms of their players) average side. They have about 2-3 good players surrounded by okay players. They'd be the lamest PL champions ever in my opinion.

Benefitting so much from ourselves and United being down. I think with us appointing a great manager and Mou going to United they'll go right back to where they belong in the 5-7th range.

Man City still have the best Home Record in the PL. 

Not worried about them potentially fucking this up until that changes. We've seen this before from City. Play poor against the top 4-6 teams, and flat-track bull all those beneath them.

If the likes of CP, Everton,and  Southampton start picking up points at the Etihad, then they'll be cause for concern. 

Still hope they don't win the title, but City love to make things dramatic.