• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Loved that.

Also highlighted how natural wing backs should be....Bertrand, Monreal etc all very happy to bomb forward and cause havoc as well as defend.

We need to take a leaf out of this book, quick sharp.

Really makes me laugh how this country still believes Wilshere has some divine right to play for England whenever he's fit :lol:

Hasn't put in a good performance, and I'm talking Barca a couple seasons ago, in years.

Really makes me laugh how this country still believes Wilshere has some divine right to play for England whenever he's fit :lol:

Hasn't put in a good performance, and I'm talking Barca a couple seasons ago, in years.

That's quite the exaggeration, don't you think? He's always been one of the better performers when playing for England (in general), and that's for England alone. He's a good player but his terrible fitness prevents him from making real progress.

I find the England team very interesting btw. I have watched the team play and have looked at your players, and there's something there. Especially with the emergence of desperately needed midfielders in the likes of Alli, Barkley and Dier.

GK: Hart, Butland, Forster, Ruddy, Foster

RB: Walker, Clyne, Johnson

CB: Smalling, Cahill, Stones, Jones, Jagielka

LB: Shaw, Bertrand, Rose

DM: Dier, Carrick, Barry

RCM: Alli, Henderson, Milner

LCM: Barkley, Wilshere, Shelvey

RW: Sturridge, Walcott, Chamberlain

ST: Kane, Rooney, Welbeck

LW: Sterling, Vardy, Lallana

Something like that, contestants to go to the tournament. The problem is that the team is so junior. Reminds me of Belgium years back. They'll go to Euro 2016 and win the hearts of the neutrals (and become the '2nd team' of rival fans) if they continue to play some of the exciting football they've played. But they won't win. Yes, nothing is impossible. I know. But I'd love to see a fit England team next year.

Euro 2016, WC 2018 and even Euro 2020 will probably come too early. But the 2022 World Cup, when so many of those players are in their mid-twenties to early thirties, is when you could field quite the team. New players will inevitable pop up as well.

That's quite the exaggeration, don't you think? He's always been one of the better performers when playing for England (in general), and that's for England alone. He's a good player but his terrible fitness prevents him from making real progress.

I agree he's a good player, but the notion that he's meant to be ready simply for the Euro's without actually seeing how he comes back seems a bit ridiculous. I don't actually find him consistent, when he is fit as well, he's capable of having worldies but they're too seldom imo. Injuries don't help and I'm not suggesting they haven't made an impact on his ability to stay consistent but he hardly helps himself sometimes.

But as you've shown in the rest of your post, England do have players to fill this gap left by Wilshere. We're quite packed in C/DM, so the importance of Wilshere in this setup is a bigger exaggeration imo.

I agree he's a good player, but the notion that he's meant to be ready simply for the Euro's without actually seeing how he comes back seems a bit ridiculous. I don't actually find him consistent, when he is fit as well, he's capable of having worldies but they're too seldom imo. Injuries don't help and I'm not suggesting they haven't made an impact on his ability to stay consistent but he hardly helps himself sometimes.

But as you've shown in the rest of your post, England do have players to fill this gap left by Wilshere. We're quite packed in C/DM, so the importance of Wilshere in this setup is a bigger exaggeration imo.

I still think there's a real talent in Wilshere. But Barkley and Alli could make England move on from Wilshere, who was indeed turning into Rooney part II, with all the weight put on his shoulders.

I still think there's a real talent in Wilshere. But Barkley and Alli could make England move on from Wilshere, who was indeed turning into Rooney part II, with all the weight put on his shoulders.

Yea, I mean don't get me wrong, if Wilshere could come back by Feb and consistently put in good performances then England will benefit. Alli would be a worthy understudy and learn a lot from him in that sense.

But as you said, England have the pool of talent to no longer be reliant on a single-trio of player anymore.. Even Joe Hart who's been so assured is now facing increasing pressure from Butland. It's actually a great time for England to use Euro 2016 to experiment because, let's be honest, there's no expectation this time.