The English Football Thread

Steve

Proves managers aren't miracle workers. He'll need time and money.

That goal difference though.

regarding managers, this is what I posted in the general football thread:

(so strange)

within a year:

Klopp: Dortmund>liverpool
Benitez: napoli>real madrid>sacked end of season?
Carlo:real>bayern
Pep: bayern>City*/United/Chelsea
Jose: chelsea>United/Madrid/other
Van Gaal: United>sacked end of the season to retire?
Simeone: Atletico>Chelsea?

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

We might see Giggs and Zidane coach Utd and Real at one point. And I wonder if Villas-Boas will soon get a big job again. Maybe PSG.

Blanc just broke the record for highest points in the first half of the season ever: 51 points!

Zidane as Real manager and Giggs as United managers are likely and we will have Didier/JT at some point as our manager I believe.

Look what Ranieri has done with the players in Leicester.

Fairytales never last. At the end of the day it's about the quality on the pitch. Like the poster above said, you can't coach Vardy and Mahrez turning up every week like this. Their form drops and suddenly everything changes.

Where are all the Klopp suckers now? Its easy to "point out" how much of a difference a manager makes when they beat City. But I want to hear from you now...

Not that I think he is a bad manager. I just think a managers early impact is extremely overstated. There isnt such a thing as a new manager arriving in the middle of the season and magically turning everyone into good players. The only scenario where its justifiable sacking a manager in the middle of the season (imo) is if the squad and the coach have fallen appart. Which wasnt the case in Liverpool...