The English Football Thread

Steve

the way we chelsea are playing. we are going to get destroyed by tottenham hotspur this coming weekend.

we will probably lose 4 - 1 or 5 - 2 to tottenham.

http://www.sofascore.com/chelsea-tottenham/IsN

i am not confident nor have any trust in what's happening and how our club is being run at the moment.

DONT PANIC they are only playing the Hammers at home ,, thats such an easy game

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Pocettino is proving to be an excellent Manager ,, Of course he is so "NAIVE" in putting his faith in young English players who are obviously not "READY"

Let's evaluate him at the end of the season and then it's only one season, can he do it again?

But yes, so far he is doing a good job and it's good to see some young players evolving...

Is Loftus-Cheek that good yet? He's only 19 years of age, one can speculate all day, lol.

Most of Chelsea's young prospects are still very young, assess them when they are a bit older, 18,19 is very young.

Let's evaluate him at the end of the season and then it's only one season, can he do it again?

But yes, so far he is doing a good job and it's good to see some young players evolving...

Is Loftus-Cheek that good yet? He's only 19 years of age, one can speculate all day, lol.

Most of Chelsea's young prospects are still very young, assess them when they are a bit older, 18,19 is very young.

Bertrand is 26 a full England international who was with our academy.. WE have U 21s out on loan ,, Other PL clubs PLAY them

BTW did you see Pochs record at Southampton or doesnt that count

West ham fan stabbed outside today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/12010592/West-Ham-United-fan-stabbed-in-confrontation-outside-White-Hart-Lane.html

Police used to let us out of WHL a few at a time-once you were down Seven Sisters road you were easily picked off by spuds hooligans if not careful

West ham fan stabbed outside today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/12010592/West-Ham-United-fan-stabbed-in-confrontation-outside-White-Hart-Lane.html

Police used to let us out of WHL a few at a time-once you were down Seven Sisters road you were easily picked off by spuds hooligans if not careful

I thought we had got over the worst of these things ,, But this isnt football 2 pupils stabbed i a Dulwich school this week . another killed in a Scottish school

Bertrand is 26 a full England international who was with our academy.. WE have U 21s out on loan ,, Other PL clubs PLAY them

BTW did you see Pochs record at Southampton or doesnt that count

At that time Bertrand struggled badly under more than one manager to make an impact at Chelsea.

Especially his offensive contribution was simply not good enough, sorry.

Now he has found a place in the starting line-up for Southampton, maybe he has developed and matured, good for him.

The departure was the best thing for him and Chelsea.

Sometimes a young guy needs a new start to keep evolving, i made a similar experience in my "young" life.

His fellow classmates could't keep the ground running for another top team, so the assessments from the executives haven't been that bad. Sadly, because it's always good to see a young guy going to the top.

Chelsea has a lot of young talents, but most of them are very young:

Clarke-Salter (18), Solanke (18), Loftus-Cheek (19), Colkett (19), Chalobah (20), Musonda (20) and so on.

Bamford (22) himself prefered a loan, can't take that opportunity away from him.

When you want to play for Chelsea, you need to be really good.

Diego Costa, Remy and Falcao, sorry, but an unexperienced guy like Solanke or Bamford can't get enough playing experience.

For me, for those guys it's really important to play week in and week out, Chelsea can't offer them that.

A loan is the best thing that can happen to them.

The striker's position is arguably the most difficult position to play in.

In midfield Kenedy (bought, but young and doesn't know the league) gets more and more playing time.

He's just ~19 years old, Mourinho's doing a great job.

Loftus-Cheek is the next starlet, maybe he could have played more during pre-season, but he's getting there.

There you have 2 gems.

In defence, we alreday have two young guys: Zouma and Baba.

So, a guy like Christensen wouldn't have got enough playing time, but at Gladbach it's possible and he's doing great.

Who else who's currently out on loan would you have liked to be back at the Club?

For me, there is no one.

Pochettino did good at Southampton, but being at a bigger club is different.

He is a good coach, but i have to see more consistency at the Yids before jumping on the bandwagon.

Pochettino needed some time to kick-start his campaign, we'll see, where it will go.

Could be a lot worse, i give you that.

At that time Bertrand struggled badly under more than one manager to make an impact at Chelsea.

Now he has found a place in the starting line-up for Southampton, maybe he has developed and matured, good for him.

Sometimes a young guy needs a new start to keep evolving, i made a similar experience in my "young" life.

His fellow classmates could't keep the ground running for another top team, so the assessments from the executives haven't been that bad. Sadly, because it's always good to see a young guy going to the top.

Clarke-Salter (18), Solanke (18), Loftus-Cheek (19), Colkett (19), Chalobah (20), Musonda (20) and so on.

Bamford (22) himself prefered a loan, can't take that opportunity away from him.

Diego Costa, Remy and Falcao, sorry, but an unexperienced guy like Solanke or Bamford can't get enough playing experience.

For me, for those guys it's really important to play week in and week out, Chelsea can't offer them that.

In midfield Kenedy (bought, but young and doesn't know the league) gets more and more playing time.

Loftus-Cheek is the next starlet, maybe he could have played more during pre-season, but he's getting there.

There you have 2 gems.

So, a guy like Christensen wouldn't have got enough playing time, but at Gladbach it's possible and he's doing great.

Who else who's currently out on loan would you have liked to be back at the Club?

For me, there is no one.

He is a good coach, but i have to see more consistency at the Yids before jumping on the bandwagon.

Pochettino needed some time to kick-start his campaign, we'll see, where it will go.

A long post but not a particularly well thought out one .

You are nailed to the Jose mast so I will leave it at that

I have a horrible feeling that Spurs will tear us a new one. I really hope I'm wrong.

I also have this feeling. They are full of confidence right now and Kane is back flying again. MP has them playing some good stuff it's hard to deny against that, we won't keep a clean sheet I am certain of that, and with our lack of cutting edge it looks one way for me.

There you have 2 gems.

For me, there is no one.

A youngster needs trusts from a manager. We changed managers quicker than people change their underwear.

Under Fsw Ryan showed that he was really good.jose cones in, and simply shoves him out even when Cole had such a horrendous start to the season and then uses a right back ahead of our youth product, cal final starting English international. And then he sells Ryan while buying a 29 year old left back who is again sold away. Only for us to buy baba who is now behind Kennedy and who was deemed not good enough to replace iva is that form. So maybe Ryan did not need a change in scenario. Maybe he just needed a real chance to be given which he definitely was not by Jose.

Let's not give age as an excuse. Rlc should have started more games. RLC should have had way more game time. We wasted his game time with Rambo for what? And still ended up getting thrashed. Jose considered RLC "to be ready". After that lie, RLC has played a total of 45 minutes in how many games. Jose will simply never give any youth players a chance. And I am talking youth players. Not multi million signings like zouma - 12 mil, Kennedy - 6mil, baba - 21 mil. If RLC was a player bought for 10 mil, he would be a starter like zouma right now. If Bertrand was bought for 15 mil, he would have got chances. Players like musonda should be on the squad not with youths. Also if these players are not ready, Oscar, mikel, Rambo, Falcao are deemed "ready".

Sorry, but Jose has fucked us up massively. Let's just hope whoever replaces him next season, can right his wrongs specially considering youth.

A youngster needs trusts from a manager. We changed managers quicker than people change their underwear.

Under Fsw Ryan showed that he was really good.jose cones in, and simply shoves him out even when Cole had such a horrendous start to the season and then uses a right back ahead of our youth product, cal final starting English international. And then he sells Ryan while buying a 29 year old left back who is again sold away. Only for us to buy baba who is now behind Kennedy and who was deemed not good enough to replace iva is that form. So maybe Ryan did not need a change in scenario. Maybe he just needed a real chance to be given which he definitely was not by Jose.

Let's not give age as an excuse. Rlc should have started more games. RLC should have had way more game time. We wasted his game time with Rambo for what? And still ended up getting thrashed. Jose considered RLC "to be ready". After that lie, RLC has played a total of 45 minutes in how many games. Jose will simply never give any youth players a chance. And I am talking youth players. Not multi million signings like zouma - 12 mil, Kennedy - 6mil, baba - 21 mil. If RLC was a player bought for 10 mil, he would be a starter like zouma right now. If Bertrand was bought for 15 mil, he would have got chances. Players like musonda should be on the squad not with youths. Also if these players are not ready, Oscar, mikel, Rambo, Falcao are deemed "ready".

Sorry, but Jose has fucked us up massively. Let's just hope whoever replaces him next season, can right his wrongs specially considering youth.

At some point, a manager has to put trust in a young player, there must be more than one opportunity to show your abilities and

prove yourself. Some bad performances must to be tolerated.

David Alaba made some mistakes, but Van Gaal tolerated it short term, that's the way it should be.

In the past there were too many quick changes in management, more difficult to establish yourself, especially as a young guy.

Can't disagree with you.

But i'm afraid i disagree with you on your assessment of Ryan Bertrand's time under the watch of Rafa Benitez.

For you it was really good, but can you back that up?

If i remember correctly, he did okay when we're speaking about his defensive tasks, but what about the other part?

He played 19 games in the Premier-League, zero assists or goals and his going forward was rather ordinary.

I'm not the only one who doesn't rate his time very highly, look him up at "whoscored", his average score of that time is 6,48, not good enough!

I think "whoscored" is a fair and square indicator, otherwise it could go too subjective.

In Mourinho's first season back, his fullbacks were Azpilicueta and Ivanovic, both played really well.

Ivanovic got a 7,29 -and Azpilicueta 7,26 in the league from whoscored, sorry,

but at that time, could you really expect such a score from Bertrand? I don't think so.

I read a lot about the argument "short term", Ivanovic lasted two seasons, can't expect from Bertrand to wait this long.

Furthermore Filipe Luis, one of the best fullbacks in the world arrived at the club, so Bertrand was immediatly number 4.

A young guy should be rewarded playing time, not possible when three guys are better than you, so the departure was the best thing for Chelsea and the player at that time.

Last but not least, i think Bertrand has injury problems, can't rely on him all the time.

You complain about some the recent dealings in the transfer market, i agree with you.

But who is to blame here?

Mourinho didn't rate Filipe Luis that highly, Baba has problems to get in the team, can you really held him responsible for buying them?

I'm not so sure about it.

Yes, Mourinho should have played Loftus-Cheek more during the pre-season.

But he didn't and it shows that the 19 year old boy, inexperienced as fuck isn't ready yet to participate in, especially during this horrible spell.

Yes, Mourinho did announce his rise some months ago, but a lot can change, we're not talking about linear development.

I think his time will come, at 19 you still have time left to succeed...

Rambo played a great match against Newcastle United, he really saved us.

Mikel is a squad player who especially for the last minutes of a close match has his values.

We have Hazard who is currently player of the year, Willian who is playing great stuff, Pedro who the jury is still out and young expensive prospects like Kenedy or Traore.

Could Musonda earn a spot? Very difficult, but having him in the squad should happen as soon as possible.

These pictures with Pogba should mean someting.^^

Oscar flopped so far, you must be available, injurys can't be an excuse for everything.

Falcao is a similar case, didn't see that one coming, kudos to you i think.

Here i can agree with you.

We have to pull ourselves out of this misery, then we can talk about young players again.

As i said before, not a normal situation, big fuck up. I think using experience isn't the baddest call to make.

Long story short:

Loftus-Cheek could have earned more playing time, Musonda and other guys should be in the squad.

I don't want to pull a Pacquiao, have to agree with you.

But i think every manager has his disadvantages, i for one hope that next season Jose will be still in charge and we can play more young guys.

Most likely Ivanovic and Terry are gone, big if about Fabregas, Oscar, Pedro, Cahill and Remy, but there will be definitely more spots available and the situation won't be this dark.

Now, i watch the rest of Palace against Sunderland, fingers crossed for a good performance by Zaha, need points in fantasy footie.

Good talking to you.

Amen to that :)

Not even the Mourinho fanatics can defend his youth integration policy - he just doesn't give people consistent chances to bed in and impress, yet plays shit players constantly. It's just mind boggling. To me that's his biggest flaw as a manager and why he eventually loses the motivation of players, a close second is his stupid comments and lack of accountability when things go wrong, but when things go right, he is the special one again.

I'm glad the club have backed him until the summer - that shuts up the media and fans saying 'give him a chance'

But in the summer if we don't replace him, I will be very sad and fearful of our future...

I have a horrible feeling that Spurs will tear us a new one. I really hope I'm wrong.

It's gonna be hard for sure, that game versus West Ham was perfect, they were impressive all around for 90 mins and have been for a while now. Dembélé has been beast as well this season, he's like a new signing for them.