test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

44 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

How the fcuck we lost De Bruyne ?
Reminds me of the Karl Heinz Rummenigge story. Timo Zahnleiter brought him to AEK Athens as a youth in 1975 but the coaches rejected him.

Don't get me started on the Romanian clubs stories and their history of rejected players :lol:

1) Back in 2008 I was playing five a side football at Rapid Bucharest's training ground. The team was away in Portugal for pre season, but a 20yo Seydou Doumbia was in Bucharest waiting for them to get back so he can start the trial. Meanwhile he was training on his own while we were playing five a side football. When the team got back the manager rejected him and he went to Switzerland's Young Boys. A year later CSKA bought him for 15m.

2) In 2006, 21yo Koscielny and some other anonymous player was having a trial for a defunct team now, Otopeni FC, near Bucharest. They kept the anonymous player and rejected Koscielny.

3) Rapid Bucharest, again, had 18yo Obi Mikel (2005) and 21 yo Kolarov (2007) at their training ground, but rejected both. Mikel then went to Lyn Oslo and one year later to Chelsea. For Kolarov, some team in Belgrade asked 600k, but Rapid Bucharest did not want to pay that "much" money and they sold him to Lazio instead. Three years later City bought him.

4) 18yo Zoran Tosic was close to Timisoara (now bankrupt) for 400k. Everything was agreed with the player, but the Romanian club did not want to pay the money. He went to Partizan and two years later to Man United.

5) In 2005, 20yo Taye Taiwo was playing for a Nigerian team, agent brought him to Romania, but once again, Rapid Bucharest rejected him :lol:. Went to Marseille instead.

6) In 2006, 20yo Falcao was coming after a torn ACL and some time off the pitch because of the injury. He wanted to come to Steaua Bucharest, but Steaua penny pinched at a few millions and he stayed at River. Two years later he went to Porto. 

Fulham Broadway and Leif like this

This United team are set so poorly. For the life of me how can you position Pogba as a number 6 or 10. José needs to figure it out.

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

Haven't watched much pogba but he has been extremely poor

Think might be the system.

United right now are just like us, no creativity.

Well they got Mata in now, but it seems like us. They don't want to start with Mata and us without Fabregas. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Think might be the system, United right now are just like us, no creativity. Well they got Mata in now, but it seems like us. They don't want to start with Mata and us without Fabregas. 

But unlike us, this united is freaking loaded with good players.

They have mhky, mata as creative players and pogba in midfield that should be enough, they even have ibra and rooney up top plus Rashford and martial I am not sure what else can you ask going forward. Creative players, Excellent target man, young speedy winger/striker.

They even have morgan who I rated very highly when he was at soton, Fellaini has played well also.

kellzfresh and Fernando like this

Sod our result this is way more fun!! And we may end up losing 2 in a row next week but mehhh..

Someone's text..sums it up

Rich: Wayne Rooney is quite simply inconsistent, over-rated and the heart of what is wrong with United & England. When he has a bad game he is described as being 'off-colour'. I have not seen him 'on-colour' for 3 years.

18 minutes ago, communicate said:

But unlike us, this united is freaking loaded with good players.

They have mhky, mata as creative players and pogba in midfield that should be enough, they even have ibra and rooney up top plus Rashford and martial I am not sure what else can you ask going forward. Creative players, Excellent target man, young speedy winger/striker.

They even have morgan who I rated very highly when he was at soton, Fellaini has played well also.

Pogba - Felliani as a two man midfield is like a Matic - Kante midfield...there is no balance between attack and defense

They need a Carrick or Schneiderlin in the midfield if they want to see the Juventus Pogba...

Fernando likes this

Horrible display, losing 3 in a row isn't just bad luck anymore. They have possession, but no incentive to play towards goal except crosses, no quick passing, no metronome. Must make big calls now, Rooney, enough is enough! 

Fecking Pep is running away with it...

1 minute ago, Essien19 said:

Horrible display, losing 3 in a row isn't just bad luck anymore. They have possession, but no incentive to play towards goal except crosses, no quick passing, no metronome. Must make big calls now, Rooney, enough is enough! 

Fecking Pep is running away with it...

I think Rooney might be their Ivanovic. 

No matter how crappy he is Mourinho will never drop him. 😂

Fulham Broadway and kellzfresh like this