• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

West Brom will go down this season imo. Pulis is the most limited manager in the League.

Can't see it, Pulis teams are not very good to watch but they always get enough results. I hate playing his sides away from home.

Palace are a dark horse to be in trouble for me, Pardrew isn't even half as good as what is being made out right now.

Chelsea set to lose appeal against red card shown to Thibaut Courtois

The 23-year-old Belgium international was sent off on 52 minutes for denying Bafetimbi Gomis a clear goalscoring opportunity, with the Swansea striker equalising from the penalty spot in the 2-2 draw.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho refused to discuss the decision after the match, but the champions lodged an appeal against the one-game ban yesterday.
But Starsport understands Michael Oliver's decision is set to be upheld, with the FA extremely pleased with the performance of the 30-year-old, who is being viewed as the natural successor to star ref Howard Webb.
If it fails, Courtois' one-match ban would see him miss the trip to last season's runners-up Manchester City on Sunday.
He will be replaced by Asmir Begovic, the £8m Bosnian signing from Stoke, who made his Blues debut as Courtois' replacement against the Swans.
Rookie Jamal Blackman is likely to be on the bench.
I hate to be negative, but I saw this coming from a mile off. And it frustrates me to no end because last season Oscar was taken out in the penalty area by Arsenal Goalkeeper David Ospina and we never got a penalty for it.
What makes things worse is that the referee for that game was the same referee for our game against Swansea last week.

just curious if many on this site still believe Sterling is worth £49M? I never did & still don't after watching him play today.

just as Stones is not a 34m player and baba is not a 17m player. Big EPL clubs usually overpay by huge sums.

just curious if many on this site still believe Sterling is worth £49M? I never did & still don't after watching him play today.

He is never worth that sum of money any day of the week, but usual thing that happens with English players. Price tag is massively inflated.

I would put Rooney ahead of him as well.

I think in the theoretical scenario of rooney and bony completing the same number of matches in the same team, Bony would score more. Rooney is vastly overrated imo, only having scored the amount of goals his reputation would suggest in two seasons. In any other season he scored less than 20. Not sure if Bony is the all round superior striker tho.

Easy night for City.

They made it easy, they used the ball so effectively and made WBA chase shadows with the ability to stick the knife in whenever suited them.

Kompany gave a great interview after the game and it's quite clear him, and all the City team are ready for this season. His celebration alone said that they are ready for it. They are going to take some beating.

I think in the theoretical scenario of rooney and bony completing the same number of matches in the same team, Bony would score more. Rooney is vastly overrated imo, only having scored the amount of goals his reputation would suggest in two seasons. In any other season he scored less than 20. Not sure if Bony is the all round superior striker tho.

He could break three massive records this season and he ain't even 30. I would agree with most English players being overrated, but I don't think he's one of them.

Bony might be more of a finisher, but Rooney offers more on the whole.

I've always hated West Ham fans plenty of run in's with them in the 80's. But they've really surpassed themselves now Joey Barton who is not the greatest player in the world but he's certainly good enough for them. Apparently West Ham fans objected to his transfer why?. He's said a few questionable things on Twitter and he likes to think he's an intellectual because he's listened to Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths. There signing a run of the mill footballer who's got a history of flying off the handle and using his fists i thought West Ham fans would faacking luv him. Still it looks like the Twatterati have spoken and there views seem to be taken as gospel these days very disturbing.