The English Football Thread

Steve

We should have gotten both fabregas and Sanchez from Barcelona last summer.

He's better than any right winger available in this window.

With hazard on the left and Sanchez on the right, It would have been another ribery and robben combo created in Chelsea.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

not so sure the barcodes would have lost 8 on the trot w/ Pardew. That was never the case when he was in charge there.

Yeah but like I said, just because Carvers doing even worse doesn't mean Pardrew was that great.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/a-thread-for-everything-fabregas-related.27790/page-33#post-3760174

Greasy little creep.

I've had it in for him ever since that back heeled assist he provided for I think it was Iniesta for one of Messi's goals. He's always been a wrong'un.

Flopped at his hometown club and joined that other wanker Mourinho for the money.

Despicable little overrated smelly bastard. ha ha...

We should be thankful for his obsession with style because it's partly the reason we have been crowned Champions so early.

Since the new year both us and City have dropped off performance wise but Mou switched the tactics to make sure the results didn't suffer with it while Greenie hid behind his 'style' and because of it City bombed.

I genuinely hope Pel, Rodgers and the rest of Purist FC stay at our rival's for many years to come.

Nail. On. Head.

It amazes me how Wenger, Pellegrino, Rodgers and Van Gaal have found so many excuses for their failings this season. So many ifs and buts as to why they haven't challenged for the title. All the big teams have had problems this season and yet Mourinho is the only one who has adapted to the situation and made sure we didn't suffer badly while the others have watched their teams fall away and then they resorted to moaning/excuses.

Arsenal are pretty good at winning matches when there's no pressure/nothing at stake, aren't they?

Not going to sit here and say they won't challenge for the title next season but it's nonsense how people keep on falling for their good performances. Every time when Arsenal don't challenge for the title and look in danger of dropping out of the top four, they'll go on a long winning run to secure Champions League football and suddenly the pundits and fans think they're good enough to challenge/win the title in the following season. And when they look like title challengers, they ultimately fall away and endure a poor end to the season. The media will then moan about their failings with the squad and the cycle will just repeat itself over and over and over again. :doh:

Nail. On. Head.

It amazes me how Wenger, Pellegrino, Rodgers and Van Gaal have found so many excuses for their failings this season. So many ifs and buts as to why they haven't challenged for the title. All the big teams have had problems this season and yet Mourinho is the only who has adapted to the situation and made sure we didn't suffer badly while the others have watched their teams fall away and then they resorted to moaning/excuses.

I just can't get my head around their moral victory bolax.

When I lose to my best mate on fifa with more possession I say it as a joke and can't keep a straight face, it's mind blowing how they can not only say it while being serious in the process but the supporter's lap it up.

Nail. On. Head.

It amazes me how Wenger, Pellegrino, Rodgers and Van Gaal have found so many excuses for their failings this season. So many ifs and buts as to why they haven't challenged for the title. All the big teams have had problems this season and yet Mourinho is the only one who has adapted to the situation and made sure we didn't suffer badly while the others have watched their teams fall away and then they resorted to moaning/excuses.

what are you talking about - wenger has been doing this for 10 years now - 'finishing in the Top 4 is like a trophy' - here @ Chelsea you have to win titles, if you don't then you will get sacked

Arsenal are pretty good at winning matches when there's no pressure/nothing at stake, aren't they?

Not going to sit here and say they won't challenge for the title next season but it's nonsense how people keep on falling for their good performances. Every time when Arsenal don't challenge for the title and look in danger of dropping out of the top four, they'll go on a long winning run to secure Champions League football and suddenly the pundits and fans think they're good enough to challenge/win the title in the following season. And when they look like title challengers, they ultimately fall away and endure a poor end to the season. The media will then moan about their failings with the squad and the cycle will just repeat itself over and over and over again. :doh:

More I look at Arsenal the more I see similarities with Liverpool in 05/06 when they had a ridiculous end to the season sparking all the talk of 'next year being their year' only to win 6 out of the first 15 the following season.

It will be a completely different ball game in August and this run is as likely to work against them as it is for them.

When I lose to my best mate on fifa with more possession I say it as a joke and can't keep a straight face, it's mind blowing how they can not only say it while being serious in the process but the supporter's lap it up.

At this rate, it won't be long before Mourinho's vision of football in the future comes true.

More I look at Arsenal the more I see similarities with Liverpool in 05/06 when they had a ridiculous end to the season sparking all the talk of 'next year being their year' only to win 6 out of the first 15 the following season.

It will be a completely different ball game in August and this run is as likely to work against them as it is for them.

But it's been the same with Arsenal for the past 10 years really. Plenty of promise but fall at the first hurdle when there's pressure on them. Doubt it'll take much for the 'Wenger Out' brigade to turn up if/when they go on another poor run.