The English Football Thread

Steve

Adam Johnson charged with three offences of sexual activity with a girl under 16 and one of grooming.

:doh:

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the grooming charge imply that he knew she was U16?

If so he's done for, and rightly so.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

go back 120 years and PNE would be top ..or Villa... or Corinthian Casuals .. Go back just to 1945 and SCUM were 2nd division .. BUT they never had class

Don't know who you guys have been watching this season.

He's playing for Liverpool. How did he do in the CL?

In addition, a player of Pogba's calibre is supposedly earning around 80k. Puts things into perspective.

He's playing for Liverpool. How did he do in the CL?

In addition, a player of Pogba's calibre is supposedly earning around 80k. Puts things into perspective.

The Champions League is irrelevant, I don't even know why you brought that up. He is their captain, an integral player and one of their most reliable. He'd start for most if not all teams in England and I'd wager he'd make Chelsea's midfield better. Juve and Pogba's situation has nothing to do with Liverpool and Henderson's situation, and the comparison is pointless. Yes, Hendo isn't as talented as Pogba but wages do not always equate to talent level, a lot of the time they equate to importance and Hendo is very, very important to Liverpool.

Liverpool want to keep players like Henderson and to do that sometime ridiculous contracts need to be earnt. Henderson held the cards in this deal not Liverpool.

The Champions League is irrelevant, I don't even know why you brought that up. He is their captain, an integral player and one of their most reliable. He'd start for most if not all teams in England and I'd wager he'd make Chelsea's midfield better. Juve and Pogba's situation has nothing to do with Liverpool and Henderson's situation, and the comparison is pointless. Yes, Hendo isn't as talented as Pogba but wages do not always equate to talent level, a lot of the time they equate to importance and Hendo is very, very important to Liverpool.

Liverpool want to keep players like Henderson and to do that sometime ridiculous contracts need to be earnt. Henderson held the cards in this deal not Liverpool.

It shows some clubs are run well, while others aren't. No club should overpay for someone that doesn't warrant it IMO. I don't rate him along with a few other Liverpool players. Looks like some other people have the same train of thought.

It shows some clubs are run well, while others aren't. No club should overpay for someone that doesn't warrant it IMO. I don't rate him along with a few other Liverpool players. Looks like some other people have the same train of thought.

No person that chases a spherical object around a green field should be earning more than the average wage. What were Liverpool supposed to do in the first place? He was bought for a huge fee by the last owners and in the past two seasons has become one of their best players. They can't and couldn't have let him leave for free or for a reduced cost. In the circumstances this is a wise choice, not an ideal choice but very much necessary for the club to move forwards. Then there is Steven Gerrard's freed wages to use anyway.

No person that chases a spherical object around a green field should be earning more than the average wage. What were Liverpool supposed to do in the first place? He was bought for a huge fee by the last owners and in the past two seasons has become one of their best players. They can't and couldn't have let him leave for free or for a reduced cost. In the circumstances this is a wise choice, not an ideal choice but very much necessary for the club to move forwards. Then there is Steven Gerrard's freed wages to use anyway.

They could have let him go and bought someone else in, but they are open to ransom. Sterling saga should be interesting to what from afar.

Depends what they want. For a solid midfielder they could have gone for, Maxime Gonalons. The only plus for them from my POV is that he's HG.

Henderson and Gonalons are completely different players. That's the equivalent of selling Ramires for a player like Javi Martinez. Not a comparison on talent but approach to the game.

Henderson and Gonalons are completely different players. That's the equivalent of selling Ramires for a player like Javi Martinez. Not a comparison on talent but approach to the game.

I didn't say they were like for like, but could do a job in the centre of the park and would cost less.

At the end of the day, I'm not a fan of clubs throwing money at players that aren't worth it. As I previously said, Sterling will be following suit. Will Liverpool be held at ransom once again?

I didn't say they were like for like, but could do a job in the centre of the park and would cost less.

At the end of the day, I'm not a fan of clubs throwing money at players that aren't worth it. As I previously said, Sterling will be following suit. Will Liverpool be held at ransom once again?

The job that Gonalons would do is already covered by players like Can and Allen. So they'd lose a unique and valuable asset and replace it with another assett that is already similar to something they have in stock. Gonalons is a good player but he doesn't fufill a need that Liverpool require.

The job that Gonalons would do is already covered by players like Can and Allen. So they'd lose a unique and valuable asset and replace it with another assett that is already similar to something they have in stock. Gonalons is a good player but he doesn't fufill a need that Liverpool require.

Can and Allen aren't in the same class as Gonalons. Kramer could offer something similar to Henderson as well. There are several options that could be cheaper than hanging onto Henderson. Either way, good on them.